Dannii minogue fashion- pi$$ take and other stories!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Channel hopping this evening and stopped on the style channel. The first thing I saw was a mundane looking white vest top with three button details it was over £25 + postage. Massive pucker underneath the buttons on both the model and on Alex. It came in a number of colours and Alex said she was gonna buy “a load of them”!! Is she mad? ... or is she lying?!! Then Claire (poor Claire) was sent out in a midi dress with a tight top half with a valance and a tie belt right under her enormous boobs! The poor lass looked like a settee!!!

I’ve seen Claire in several disastrous outfits - completely wrong for her figure or too tight. I don’t know why she puts up with it.
Lots of the models look hideous in Q outfits. The really slim ones look just as bad as the larger size girls but it's how they earn a living so looking ghastly on air is jut the downside of the job I suppose.

CC

z
It's work and it pays.
I’m not criticising her, I’m querying QVC stylists’ ability to “style”. It’s a job for Claire but perhaps not a good look for her CV or modelling portfolio. It clearly doesn’t bother her though.

It's work and it pays.
True and I’m sure just so long as she’s getting paid, she’s happy. Even so I would like to see her looking stunning- like they are always seem to say when it seems glaringly obvious that the opposite is true!
My biggest shock was the little vest tops with buttons - they worked out at nearly £30 a piece and they shouldn’t have cost any more than £6, especially when it was so evident that they were poorly made. It’s the blatant lying that gets me. Yes they’re trying to sell things so I don’t expect to hear negatives, but to ignore poor workmanship and go as far as to say how well it’s made- no! Or to say you’ll buy loads when it means eg, 5 vest tops ( a common purchase for someone in the summer) will set you back nearly £150..I don’t bliddy think so!
Dannii herself looked very odd in the eye make up department- thick black eyeliner underneath her eyes, perhaps she hoped that it would detract from the lies she was telling! No Dannii , a polyester dress would not be ideal for a Melbourne summer, nor would Kylie be seen dead in any of these rags !

z

I’m not criticising her, I’m querying QVC stylists’ ability to “style”. It’s a job for Claire but perhaps not a good look for her CV or modelling portfolio. It clearly doesn’t bother her though.
I was going to make a a similar comment. If I was looking for models I would think twice about hiring.

Maybe they think that a decent-sized frontage will detract from design flaws so creations will be carried off better. At least that's the only reason I can think of for so many mismatches between body shape and style.

Maybe they think that a decent-sized frontage will detract from design flaws so creations will be carried off better. At least that's the only reason I can think of for so many mismatches between body shape and style.
I'm not so sure they really care tbh. They know that they've got a lot of customers who need the larger sizes, so it's only right that they represent that person. If pretty models like Claire and Natasha can't make the stuff look nice, then what hope does anyone else stand? They don't really need to try, so they don't! What I'd really love to see, even though it's not something I'd need myself, is a range spefically designed for the larger lady - Not just regular stuff made with extra fabric so they'll go over generous proportions. I'm sure Dannii, (or whoever actually designed this dress) didn't intend the wearer to look like she'd swallowed a sofa. Just because it's got a split up the side doesn't make it look sexy, that depends entirely upon the wearer. An old lady's varicose veins, or someones porky legs sticking out isn't the best look for that person. I just wish Q would actually try and source a range that actually suits the larger lady! ..and no, not a MW "sheet" because that is exactly what it is. The customer would probably be better off saving their money and wearing a bedsheet because it won't look any worse!

I also feel that Clare is not a natural model. Just someone they've dragged in from one of the offices because she fulfils the 'big girl' criteria. The way she stands and awkward hand placing doesn't smack of an accomplished model with training.

I think she is a professional model. QVC clothes are just a bad fit!
I couldn't agree more. It doesn't matter how many times the ba's and presenters tell us that garments skim away from the body when they don't, polyester/elastin fabric is not an ideal choice for the larger lady, especially one with an unfeasably large chest area. I'd guess that this fabrication represents about 90% of their fashion ranges, therefore I'd say that it's not a great place for larger women to buy their clothes.
I'm sure Claire's not ashamed of her big boobage, but I'd take a guess that she wouldn't them to be accentuated in such a way that she looks like she's got a giant bolster stuffed down the front of her clothing. When she walked on set, the first thing I said was "F--king Hell"! I want to be able to say "wow"!
I don't know what's worse Q's fashion ranges or their stylists? I guess as the old saying goes "two wrongs can never make a right"!

Embarrassing. The models surely know by now that going by past form with one or two exceptions, their careers in Q are going to be short, and at the end of it they will be dumped and left with these dire assignments on their portfolios.

I remember the same thing happening with the curvy girl Joy, and she was much taller than Clare, but still the stylists would shove her out in skin tight poly trousers that almost cut off the ****** supply to her thighs ! It takes skill to dress different body shapes, but clearly QVC stylists haven't a clue.

I often wonder who these backstage stylists are, there is never any mention of the on air guest/ba stylists being employed, so I'd like to know who they are - IF there are any, and its just someone back stage picking out who'll wear what.

It’s the likes of Chunts and JR’s daughters doing their internship. As if they would know anything about styling Q customer’s age demographic despite having mothers of that age group but then looking at the state of their mothers is it any wonder.

I suspect the best people to “style” the plus size models are.....the plus size models themselves ! Don’t suppose they get a say in how they are dressed in QVC.

Well Chunts on the handbag show has clearly given up on her 'style' in her baggy trousers and granny top - a far cry from the fitted dresses, latest hairstyle and preening in the monitor !

Latest posts

Back