Dannii Minogue Petite Fashion TSV 8/3/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a tape measure in my bag to measure clothes in shops. But I also do a quick fit to my body. But I know what arm holes should be so they don't expose a bra strap or cut your armpit. I also have a set of exercises and stretches I do in the fitting room.

I learnt this after getting a pair of trousers with a belt where the trousers were great standing up but sitting down the belt stayed on my waist but the trouser waist went on a walk of it's own. Consequently the belt was too tight and looked dreadful. Not a good look when you are going on a coach trip and hoping to be sitting there for the best part of 10 hours. I know carry leggings for travelling, a size bigger. Hell they are cummffeee.
Good tips

I had a bad day yesterday so have only just caught up on some emails.

So, after having the DM offering for IWD, I come across IW's offering of kitchenware.

IWD. A day to celebrate women. The half of the population that shopping channels mostly rely on for business and this is the best they can do?

I suppose DM did okay out of it.

Just seen a clip of a couple of items in the Danni M. Show.Is there anything interesting, different? Have I missed the ‘gems’.How many denim jackets does a nation need? They do nothing for the model, I like jackets to look as though they might meet over the bust in case you might want to wear fastened.

Just seen a clip of a couple of items in the Danni M. Show.Is there anything interesting, different? Have I missed the ‘gems’.How many denim jackets does a nation need? They do nothing for the model, I like jackets to look as though they might meet over the bust in case you might want to wear fastened.
That's exactly it Silver Fox. There is nothing in this new range that hasn't been done to death a thousand times. Jean jackets, biker jackets, jump suits, poly stretch tops, weird prints, houndstooth. Now I come to think of it, this range isn't that different from Ruth's new range when it came out. Dannii Minogue puts herself forward as young and trendy but this range is plain boring for "ladies".

It was on again tonight - wonder if that's because it isn't selling.

CC

I’m no doubt in the minority, but I’ve never owned a pair of jeans or a biker jacket and can’t see myself starting any time soon.

That's exactly it Silver Fox. There is nothing in this new range that hasn't been done to death a thousand times. Jean jackets, biker jackets, jump suits, poly stretch tops, weird prints, houndstooth. Now I come to think of it, this range isn't that different from Ruth's new range when it came out. Dannii Minogue puts herself forward as young and trendy but this range is plain boring for "ladies".

It was on again tonight - wonder if that's because it isn't selling.

CC
I liked the daytime disco tee. It'll probs look **** on, though.

I liked the daytime disco tee. It'll probs look **** on, though.
Weird you should say that, and had it not been such an insultingly ludicrous price...I might even have been tempted to break the promise I'd made to myself regarding buying anything from Q. I actually need a couple of t shirts as I've just thrown away 2 I bought last year (not cheap) which turned out to be terrible quality and now resemble dishrags. I shopped around and I found a similar slogan T shirt in my catalogue...It's the same blue, and says "star gazer" as opposed to daytime disco..and it was £2.40....yes £2.40 with free p&p! To be fair that is a sale price but full price was only £14.99. I also had to compromise on size, I'd normally buy a medium but they only had small and x small left, so I took a chance. It arrived yesterday and the sizing is pretty generous as the small fits me fine..and hey it's made in Turkey not China..so another good result. I received it last night and I ordered it on Sunday night...not bad going!

Carrying on from my last post...I would like to recommend Littlewoods/Very as a good place to buy clothes. They're basically the same catalogue, but LW are usually a bit dearer because they offer free p&p on everything, wheras with Very it's £3.99 per order. LW allow you longer in which to pay, hence the higher prices, but Very still do some pretty amazing buy now pay later interest free deals (if you pay before the time's up of course). Very do it's own brand of fashion, which LW sell as well and the quality is blinking brilliant, and when they have a sale, the prices are literally give away. They do branded and designer gear too, so you're totally spoiled for choice. I'm a customer with both LW and very and I pick and choose between the two of them as to what works out to be the best deal for me. Seriously for clothing (well everything tbh) they leave QVC standing. Delivery is lightning fast, returns are free and I cannot praise the quality of their home brand enough.

If you find ranges you like Merryone stick with it! I have just got some tee shirts from Landsend, more expensive but there was 40% off & free p&p over a certain amount.They will last me, as they are good quality & wash well.Personally I rarely if ever see any clothing on Q that interests me and if I did would not order because of the P&P, taking the chance I’d get the right size.

If I have bought something from a DHS store and later thought I should have bought another one or perhaps now think it should have been a bigger/smaller size I keep an eye on a couple of eBay stores who do surplus runs with the labels cut out. There are a lot of Seasalt and Very items there. For me I need to know the size and shape so it’s usually something I either already have or was sorry I didn’t get it at the time.

Latest posts

Back