Datalogixx TSV 16/5/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Datalogixx Triple Play Pro Storage Expansion for Phone/Tablet/PC TSV 16/05/20 (dont know what size as in US it comes in several)

One version here

another here

Attachments

• Data TSV 1.jpg
    Data TSV 1.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 156
  • Data TSV 2.jpg
    Data TSV 2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Data TSV 3.jpg
    Data TSV 3.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 146
  • Data TSV 4.jpg
    Data TSV 4.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Data TSV 5.jpg
    Data TSV 5.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 129
Data Logixx Triple Play Pro 128GB Storage Expansion for Phone, Tablet & PC
Item Number: 520192
QVC Price £46.00
Todays Special Value Price £35.98
P&P £3.95

Boost the storage space of your electronic devices with the Data Logixx Triple Play Pro, complete with four convenient connectors and 128GB memory, Triple Play makes it easy to store photos, videos, and other files without using up precious storage space on your device. Capture your memories and share them easily with friends and family with the help of this handy mobile companion.

Great for everyone - the Triple Play is compatible with virtually any device that has a lightning, USB, micro-USB or USB-C port, including iPhones, iPads, Apple computers, Windows PCs, Chromebooks, and most new Android phones and tablets. Android phones must have the OTG functionality enabled in order to be compatible.

Save your storage - using the Triple Play is the easiest way to save photos or videos on your phone or tablet. You don’t need any adaptors or internet access and there’s no complicated set-up either. When the Triple Play is connected to your phone or tablet you can take pictures and shoot video directly to the Triple Play's storage, without using up storage on your device which might be running low. So it’s easy to transfer files between devices and you could even save TV programmes or films onto it to watch whenever you like. For added security, it’s password protected too and you can also chose what you’d like to back up - either all your photos and videos or just some of them to free up space on your phone.

Precious memories - with thousands of important photos and videos sitting on your phone, it’s time to back them up to make sure you always have a copy. Triple Play gives you peace of mind because you know your precious memories are safe, protected and backed up.

It’s all in the app - the downloadable app is simple to navigate and lets you save all your photos, videos and contacts with one tap of the friendly ‘backup everything’ button. App installation is required for iOS and Android devices. You should be prompted to download the free app once the adaptor is connected to your device. If not, Mo Disk for Apple is available for download in the Apple App Store and in the Google Play Store for Android devices.

Choose yours - available in classic Black, White and Gold colours, you’ll easily find the perfect match for your devices.

Please note: Triple Play isn’t recommended for use with pre-paid or pay-as-you-go phones or employer-provided phones

Colour options:

• Gold
  • Black
  • White

What’s in the box?

• 1 x Triple Play Pro 128GB storage expansion
  • Step by step manual

I’ve ordered this because I’d like to be able to back up both my iPhones and iPads. I’ve got two of each. 😳 The older iPhone and iPad still work fine, but I decided to replace them both with newer models for when they stop updating. The old iPad no longer updates, although the old iPhone does. I’ve already got something that backs up my MacBook Air.

I’d prefer to do that with this gizmo as I don’t use the Cloud. Access to the Cloud is turned off on all my Apple products because I’d rather not have my things floating around in the Ethernet or wherever it goes. (You can probably guess that I’m no technological wizard.)

Hopefully it will be as good as Matt purports. If it isn’t, or is too complicated to use, then I’ll send it back.

Just be wary if you are going to order this, as I thought it would be an ideal solution for myself, however when I did a little more research (always research anything and everything before purchasing), I looked on the QVC American website and noticed a few 'caveats' shall we say that were left out of the presentation.

Will not accept PAYG sims,
Phone has to have OTG enabled (most PAYG phones don't)
an app needs to be installed and going by the reviews on ios store (an item that does have OTG) then the ratings are low.

No, yet again this seems to be a product that is not actually needed anyway as Apple products back to the cloud and it is so easy with any phone to backup storage then this is one product that I won't be purchasing.

One final thought is I can't imagine those connectors will last a while given they are exposed, could have come with some caps!

Just be wary if you are going to order this, as I thought it would be an ideal solution for myself, however when I did a little more research (always research anything and everything before purchasing), I looked on the QVC American website and noticed a few 'caveats' shall we say that were left out of the presentation.

Will not accept PAYG sims,
Phone has to have OTG enabled (most PAYG phones don't)
an app needs to be installed and going by the reviews on ios store (an item that does have OTG) then the ratings are low.

No, yet again this seems to be a product that is not actually needed anyway as Apple products back to the cloud and it is so easy with any phone to backup storage then this is one product that I won't be purchasing.

One final thought is I can't imagine those connectors will last a while given they are exposed, could have come with some caps!

Thanks for the info. I've seen the gadget on-line with dust caps, but can't seem to get it anywhere except Q (Amazon out of stock).

My new phone is Android, I have an apple ipad, and a windows PC, and I hope to use it to transfer files between all 3 devices. Also as a backup for the phone, and to increase its memory.

But it looks very easy to damage while sticking out of the phone, and if knocked it could damage the phone's USB-C connector.

I researched the prices, but not the technology. As Q sold me the phone, and it will be on again soon, if it won't work with the phone I will have grounds for a full refund inc PP and return postage.

The phone is PAYG, so if it definitely won't work with this, I may as well cancel now, before the advance order.

I hate the fact that Q invariably leaves out vital information.

Read the reviews on Q USA, starting with the worst.

Loads of problems, I think I will cancel order.

According to Matt, the required app appears on an iPhone as soon as you plug it in. I refuse to back up to the Cloud and so that option is turned off on all my Apple products. My iPhone already has a 128gb capacity, of which I’ve only used 13.7gb despite having lots of photos and videos on it, so I intend to use the Logixx purely to back up photos, videos and my contacts just incase something happens to my phone. I do have a MacBook Air but, as I said before, I have a portable hard drive that enables me to back that up. I could also use that, if needs be, to back up the contents on the phone if the Logixx turns out to be unsuitable. I already back up my Dell desktop and Acer laptop using other methods.

If, for whatever reason, it doesn’t work or do what I want it to do, then it will be sent back immediately. I’ll only back up when at home so won’t have to worry about the dust caps falling off in my bag or pocket.

Thanks for the heads up though, yorkrose26, because I’ll now know what to expect.

Read the reviews on Q USA, starting with the worst.

Loads of problems, I think I will cancel order.

I don’t think I can cancel mine because I ordered it at midnight. I‘m now expecting to have issues with it having read your post and that of yorkrose26. 😳

I really don’t fancy a trip to the post office at the moment and then a lengthy wait for a refund if I do have to send it back.

It doesn’t say if I can move music or talking books ? Does anyone know please ?

ive already got a Sandisk gadget with a standard USB plug’ on one end and an iPhone/iPad ‘lightning usb’ on the other but that will only take photos, videos and contacts.

Was on hold for 25 minutes to CS (it was on AO) then less than a minute to cancel it.

I would have preferred a smaller device with just one plug, and 4 small adapters for the various connectors. But on the other hand, I would probably lose the adapters.

Instead, I can just add a 128 or 256 GB card into my phone if I need more memory. I assume I can connect the phone to my PC with its USB lead, and back up to the PC (but nothing to back up yet).

It doesn’t say if I can move music or talking books ? Does anyone know please ?

ive already got a Sandisk gadget with a standard USB plug’ on one end and an iPhone/iPad ‘lightning usb’ on the other but that will only take photos, videos and contacts.
From what I can garner it goes on 'rights' and photos that you have taken you have the rights to, books etc that you have had to pay for, or not technically yours (yep digital downloads are never technically yours, you just pay for the 'download licence'), so I think that is why you can't transfer these. Though I am aware that you can save apps on to a SD on an Android phone.

I don’t think I can cancel mine because I ordered it at midnight. I‘m now expecting to have issues with it having read your post and that of yorkrose26. 😳

I really don’t fancy a trip to the post office at the moment and then a lengthy wait for a refund if I do have to send it back.
You may not have problems, but if you do, just use it as a storage device for your laptop/PC not exactly what was intended, but you could transfer from phone to PC and then to Storage, a bit of a 'long-winded' way round (bit like my posts), but at least it will be slightly more useful than a chocolate teapot (don't know though think I would rather have the calories and the 'hip increase') :)

Thanks for the info. I've seen the gadget on-line with dust caps, but can't seem to get it anywhere except Q (Amazon out of stock).

My new phone is Android, I have an apple ipad, and a windows PC, and I hope to use it to transfer files between all 3 devices. Also as a backup for the phone, and to increase its memory.

But it looks very easy to damage while sticking out of the phone, and if knocked it could damage the phone's USB-C connector.

I researched the prices, but not the technology. As Q sold me the phone, and it will be on again soon, if it won't work with the phone I will have grounds for a full refund inc PP and return postage.

The phone is PAYG, so if it definitely won't work with this, I may as well cancel now, before the advance order.

I hate the fact that Q invariably leaves out vital information.
Yes 'stratigic advertising' is how I think they would put it. Yes, they have been truthful in what they say and how they are positioning the device, for how they use it 'on-air', though the initial reason why I looked into it was because a 'VLAN' message popped up when Matt put the device in and the camera pulled away immediately, this got my brain (I do have a small (very small) one), so that is what prompted me to research and find what I did.
Glad I did a 'good dead' of the day, my Brownie training taught me well!

Was on hold for 25 minutes to CS (it was on AO) then less than a minute to cancel it.

I would have preferred a smaller device with just one plug, and 4 small adapters for the various connectors. But on the other hand, I would probably lose the adapters.

Instead, I can just add a 128 or 256 GB card into my phone if I need more memory. I assume I can connect the phone to my PC with its USB lead, and back up to the PC (but nothing to back up yet).
Exactly, if you think about it how much does an SD card cost? Compared to this? Also of course, if you are able to back-up to PC then you can just transfer to Cloud Storage and then they are 'backed forever'. No, to me this seems a superfluous gadget!

Glad to help. My cup is always 'half empty'!

According to Matt, the required app appears on an iPhone as soon as you plug it in. I refuse to back up to the Cloud and so that option is turned off on all my Apple products. My iPhone already has a 128gb capacity, of which I’ve only used 13.7gb despite having lots of photos and videos on it, so I intend to use the Logixx purely to back up photos, videos and my contacts just incase something happens to my phone. I do have a MacBook Air but, as I said before, I have a portable hard drive that enables me to back that up. I could also use that, if needs be, to back up the contents on the phone if the Logixx turns out to be unsuitable. I already back up my Dell desktop and Acer laptop using other methods.

If, for whatever reason, it doesn’t work or do what I want it to do, then it will be sent back immediately. I’ll only back up when at home so won’t have to worry about the dust caps falling off in my bag or pocket.

Thanks for the heads up though, yorkrose26, because I’ll now know what to expect.
Glad to be of service :)

Mine arrived this morning.

Matt said the app would download automatically when the device is plugged into an iPhone. Mine is a newish model of iPhone (iPhone 11) but the app wasn’t an automatic download. I had to get it from the Apple store.

Having read an earlier post, where reviews suggested it wouldn’t work with a PAYG phone, I was expecting to box it up and send it back. I put money on my phone every 3 months and they take out £10 a month, so presumably this is classed as a PAYG one as I’m not on an actual contract?

Anyway, the datalogixx backed up from my phone with no on screen messages to the contrary, so it looks as though it does work for a PAYG phone.

I’ve just backed up my other phone, having installed the app on that as well. The app’s also on my iPad so I’ll back that up tomorrow.

I do have other ways to back up my photos and videos but, at the moment, using the Datalogixx is a lot quicker and less fiddly.

I’m also relieved to find that it works because I wasn’t relishing the thought of trotting to the Post Office to return it and then waiting months for a refund.

I know this was a TSV a while ago now (nearly a month), but thought I would go back on to the website and see what the reviews were, I noticed something that I didn't think was strictly 'cricket'! A lot of the 5 star reviews were as part of a promotion and not only that it was a promotion that seemed to originate in the States (given where the reviewers were from). Is it strictly fair or moral on 3 grounds

1) American phones may be different from the UK, thus may work differently, is therefore fair for QVC UK website to be showing these reviews (most incidentally 4 or 5 stars), should it not be reviews from 'verified purchasers' from the Merchant (in this case QVC UK) where the reviews are, I mean otherwise to me it seems almost like 'false advertising'!

I seem to be one of the lucky ones as mine works perfectly. I guess they must be knee deep in returns.

Latest posts

Back