Dave Troth

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snowstorm

Registered Shopper
Just seeing earlier clips of Dave and seeing him on screen now. He looks so very different. A huge difference in his appearance. Hoping all ok and he is not ill. He also looks like he has lost weight too. I’m not a fan of his pressing style as he interrupts and talks over everyone. He comes across on screen with very little patience. Intrigued.

He's full of it alright! I think he did Steve's low carb thing and they were talking about an extended fast towards the end of last year, I'm guessing this is why he looks thinner. I tend to switch off when he comes on - especially when he's trying to sell those watches and coffee

He's full of it alright! I think he did Steve's low carb thing and they were talking about an extended fast towards the end of last year, I'm guessing this is why he looks thinner. I tend to switch off when he comes on - especially when he's trying to sell those watches and coffee
He was on earlier today. Switched on, saw he was there with that pained look on his face, and promptly switched off.

"pained look on his face"? Yes, puffin48, you hit the nail in the head. He always has a pained look on his face! I initially thought he was just shy and I sympathized with that, but now I am not too sure. My mother in law dislikes him because according to her he urges people to multibuy too much. I think he is getting better on that front as the last time I saw him he didn't do that.

The endless comparing exquisite, rare and expensive creations and how beautiful they are. Being made to feel we could never aspire to them but you can have Gemporia's offerings. Cut to a piece of cheap stone, set in silver foil for £30. it really is laughable. I wonder who falls for this nonsense? I hold my hand up to believing I was buying turquoise (in it's natural state) in the past, ony to discover later is crushed up rock, reformed with a resin or glue and naturally, set in silver. Sadly, my cochise turquoise cross shaped pendant is one of those two pieces (cost me £49.99) and I can't bring myself to wear it. The thing should be engraved with "sucker", that is how it makes me feel. Generally though, I am not a complete moron and I end up laughing at the outrageous comparisons and don't fall for the spiel. I think those bits of turquoise are going to be heading the charity shop this weekend !!

The endless comparing exquisite, rare and expensive creations and how beautiful they are. Being made to feel we could never aspire to them but you can have Gemporia's offerings. Cut to a piece of cheap stone, set in silver foil for £30. it really is laughable. I wonder who falls for this nonsense? I hold my hand up to believing I was buying turquoise (in it's natural state) in the past, ony to discover later is crushed up rock, reformed with a resin or glue and naturally, set in silver. Sadly, my cochise turquoise cross shaped pendant is one of those two pieces (cost me £49.99) and I can't bring myself to wear it. The thing should be engraved with "sucker", that is how it makes me feel. Generally though, I am not a complete moron and I end up laughing at the outrageous comparisons and don't fall for the spiel. I think those bits of turquoise are going to be heading the charity shop this weekend !!
I used to work for an American Company back in the 1990’s and went out to see their operation in Phoenix. I thought I’d buy a piece of turquoise as a keepsake, and my colleague who lived there was horrified. She said, we use those stones to make colourful patterns in our Yards (what passed for the landscaping by their pools). She thought of it as gravel. 🤣

How about the video that is (still) being shown about the Emperors Jadeite collection? Doing a double header with Colin Wagstaff where he assures Colin of the unmissable opportunity to secure these now impossible to get collections. Absolutely Little and Large with a very earnest Colin being assured of the opportunity that Gemporia will be able to give to Jewellery Maker customers, later as there were some remaining (returns?) the final sets made it to Gem Collector. Apparently could have cost them £5,000 yet the power of bulk buying meant that Gem Collector could sell them at just shy of £100. Expect to see savy collectors listing them on eBay soon. Or perhaps they are keeping them for their retirement fund.

I am just watching David Troth sell these silver rings with miniscule sapphire stones. It's not the first time I hear him say that clients can simply reset them in gold. It's seems crazy to me to create and sell a ring just to have those who buy them disassemble them and spend more money creating a new one. Does this make any sense to you?

I am just watching David Troth sell these silver rings with miniscule sapphire stones. It's not the first time I hear him say that clients can simply reset them in gold. It's seems crazy to me to create and sell a ring just to have those who buy them disassemble them and spend more money creating a new one. Does this make any sense to you?
It makes sense in as much as they can command more money if a stone/stones are set in a cheap bit of silver rather than selling just the stone/stones?

Alternatively, they sometimes sell a cheap stone set in gold, so the gold is all you’re really paying for.

Latest posts

Back