Dave Troth

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have been watching David Troth and Ellis selling something called Dove Blue Jadeite. I couldn't believe my ears when he started shouting 'buy 3, buy 4, buy 5'. Does he understand that most people have mortgages, insurances, children's lessons and clothes, utility bills, food, etc, to pay and they cannot "invest" all their money in jewellery?
Btw, did anyone see the supposed blue glow of the jadeite? I saw white stones and nothing else.

I just cannot take to him. He used to be quite smartly dressed, now he looks like a ragamuffin.

Just seeing earlier clips of Dave and seeing him on screen now. He looks so very different. A huge difference in his appearance. Hoping all ok and he is not ill. He also looks like he has lost weight too. I’m not a fan of his pressing style as he interrupts and talks over everyone. He comes across on screen with very little patience. Intrigued.
I messaged Dave on insta months ago about arguing with Hattie over something, the show was a mess. Anyway he blocked me. He cannot take criticism but if I ran that channel there would be huge changes. They are so disorganised, he makes out the presenters or production team did something wrong and he always looks flustered and unprepared. The hair needs to go but he did say he had been working out and had lost weight. He looks awful!

I messaged Dave on insta months ago about arguing with Hattie over something, the show was a mess. Anyway he blocked me. He cannot take criticism but if I ran that channel there would be huge changes. They are so disorganised, he makes out the presenters or production team did something wrong and he always looks flustered and unprepared. The hair needs to go but he did say he had been working out and had lost weight. He looks awful!
There's barely any point to having a co presenter when he's on because he can talk for 40 minutes straight before he gets to a single piece and seems to take it personally sometimes if anyone tries to get a word in edgewise. I thought he was rude to Hattie last week. Maybe it's all theatrics, but they don't reflect on him very well.

I think that is very much a ‘Gemporia’ policy. If you raise anything negative or ask awkward questions they will block you. It’s been mentioned here before when someone asked questions about Hatties knitwear designs. They are are produced by a company called Paul James, who rebrands his company’s designs with the Destello Logo. None designed by Hattie, just renamed and rebadged. Same with the handbags!

I think that is very much a ‘Gemporia’ policy. If you raise anything negative or ask awkward questions they will block you. It’s been mentioned here before when someone asked questions about Hatties knitwear designs. They are are produced by a company called Paul James, who rebrands his company’s designs with the Destello Logo. None designed by Hattie, just renamed and rebadged. Same with the handbags!
Thanks for that, she certainly makes out it's all her doing. For a few months it was overkill with cheap bags and scarves, then she ends up selling them at lower prices, on 3 for 2. She'd be better doing less but better value item. Watching her now at 7pm, trying to make out she's more mature for an evening audience.

Cannot stand him. What is his background?
Cannot find any background which is strange for such a high ranking Gemporian.

He’s on again now with 200 onyx bracelets, already had three or four of his favourite clocks and a cockup on the price which he had to go into the gallery to sort out. Oh what a farce 😂
It's very strange indeed... I also googled him when I first started watching Gemporia and I couldn't find anything about his background. Gemporia speaks of him as an expert, but there is no info anywhere to clarify what makes him an expert. He doesn't even has the letters GIA AJP after his name, like most presenters do.

I just cannot take to him. He used to be quite smartly dressed, now he looks like a ragamuffin.
That’s why when I started this thread I wasn’t sure if he was ill. He looked so different and yes he did look very smart when you see old clips.

Long term lurker but posting because I’m sad enough to remember Dave Troth when he was a producer on the outlet channel. (I used to watch a lot of gems when I was going through a rough patch). He used to produce when Hannah Stewart/Goddard was on and would often come around to the camera side and say hello etc. was very surprised to see him touted as a gem expert after that but perhaps that trained him up?

I used to enjoy watching Gems, especially when they had an under £30 wheel, my price range for pretty sparkly things. I'd watch quite happily then. Now, I turn on and it's just tat galore. If there are gems being shown, its quite often expensive ones, and £30 wheels are rare. My credit card is happy though. 😊

I used to enjoy watching Gems, especially when they had an under £30 wheel, my price range for pretty sparkly things. I'd watch quite happily then. Now, I turn on and it's just tat galore. If there are gems being shown, its quite often expensive ones, and £30 wheels are rare. My credit card is happy though. 😊
My thoughts exactly, Anna. The other day I switched to Gemporia and they were selling Visage. I switched off. A few hours after, I switched on again and they were having two hours of a Chakra Show where Lynn educated us on crystal healing. I switched off. A few hours after that, I switched on again, finding Adina selling make-up. I gave up! I rarely watch Gemporia nowadays. When they do showcase interesting jewellery, which nowadays is rare, I find it too expensive for what is on offer. Yesterday Toby Cavill was selling this suite for thousands..... Not for me.

My thoughts exactly, Anna. The other day I switched to Gemporia and they were selling Visage. I switched off. A few hours after, I switched on again and they were having two hours of a Chakra Show where Lynn educated us on crystal healing. I switched off. A few hours after that, I switched on again, finding Adina selling make-up. I gave up! I rarely watch Gemporia nowadays. When they do showcase interesting jewellery, which nowadays is rare, I find it too expensive for what is on offer. Yesterday Toby Cavill was selling this suite for thousands..... Not for me.
I agree. I've had a lot of lovely jewellery over the years, but I cannot remember when I bought a piece recently. Ah well, it was nice whilst it lasted, and I do really have too much jewellery anyway. 😍

I’m sure I heard them saying they now need to diversify. Problem is when all the lifestyle products end up on the gems shows. Mixed messages. Same with visage and destello. I wouldn’t mind if they kept it to a minimum on gems but it’s all a bit ad hoc. Lifestyle quite happy for that to be a mix. To me that makes more sense. Keep gems as gems.

I’m sure I heard them saying they now need to diversify. Problem is when all the lifestyle products end up on the gems shows. Mixed messages. Same with visage and destello. I wouldn’t mind if they kept it to a minimum on gems but it’s all a bit ad hoc. Lifestyle quite happy for that to be a mix. To me that makes more sense. Keep gems as gems.
I don’t think they get anything like the volume of viewers on the Lifestyle Channel. To me it looks like Lifestyle just gets the ends of ranges after they’ve already been to air a few times on the main channel. I don’t see the point of having a Lifestyle channel if it’s just bits and bobs, and then launching non jewellery on the main channel. Same thing with TJC’s Beauty Channel, it’s just small amounts of stock that have already been on the main channel.

Latest posts

Back