Dave Troth

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For those of us that believed the promise of no more jade, we are in for a surprise. According to the schedule, Jade Troth will be selling jadeite for two hours tonight. By the way, did anyone see the Morganite showcase? Was it just me or the stones were more colourless than pink?

Well some of us didn't believe him! :LOL: As for the morganite, I've always been disappointed by what I've ordered in the past - no colour at all, but you would hope the expensive pieces set in gold would have more colour.

Well, today Dave Troth sold a strawberry quartz bracelet for 79 pounds when on Etsy and eBay natural strawberry quartz bracelets are available for less than 10 pounds. The 'collectors' must not have known about that because they attacked it like sharks on feeding times.

Dear God, loads of jade again. I am in hospital recovering from surgery and I am appalled by the poor excuse of a weekend they created. All an excuse to sell more jade and other Chinese stones

Dear God, loads of jade again. I am in hospital recovering from surgery and I am appalled by the poor excuse of a weekend they created. All an excuse to sell more jade and other Chinese stones
I'm jaded with all the jadeite. Was there ever a stone over featured as much as this one? For the love of god, please stop with the jadeite overload Gemporia. I'm so bored with it all.

I would say that they are also overselling their agate and strawberry quartz. Today is a good case in point. In the morning Amelia was selling a strawberry quartz suite and, according to the schedule, in the afternoon Kate will be selling a strawberry quartz suite. It's just too much.

I’ve noticed recently the same things coming up over and over again in different shows. And sometimes very different prices. I tend now only to watch the early shows, and I’ve managed to get some very nice pieces, much cheaper than at launch. But they real do tend to flood the shows with the latest ‘Find’ .

I was just watching Angeline and apparently this weekend they will have more jade specials, with carvings. I wish I knew why this obsession with Jade and whether it is making business sense with customers actually buying

I agree Deasmum, I’d love to know how much they actually sell. There’s always an abundance of these things, long after the initial launch, no matter how rare. I remember the first Queen Conch show, the intimation that this is the only chance you’ll get. Months later it’s still doing the rounds.

Well, this is getting odd awkward or both. This weekend will again be dedicated to jade, in this case jade carvings. That's the theme for the weekend. Isn't it bizarre?

Well, this is getting odd awkward or both. This weekend will again be dedicated to jade, in this case jade carvings. That's the theme for the weekend. Isn't it bizarre?
Surely you're not accusing Gemporia of lying to us Deasmum?
They clearly stated a month or so ago that we wouldn't be seeing any jade again for the foreseeable future and I for one totally believe them. 😂😂

I agree Deasmum, I’d love to know how much they actually sell. There’s always an abundance of these things, long after the initial launch, no matter how rare. I remember the first Queen Conch show, the intimation that this is the only chance you’ll get. Months later it’s still doing the rounds.
Yes, Kit10, they are, as we speak, making another brave effort to get rid of Queen Conch. I once read that shopping channels have a very high cancellation and returns rate. I think this is especially the case with Gemporia, because people buy on pre-orders and often the final price is not something they are happy with. So, I am sure their sales records are a bit convoluted

I was just watching Angeline and apparently this weekend they will have more jade specials, with carvings. I wish I knew why this obsession with Jade and whether it is making business sense with customers actually buying
:eek::eek::eek:

Seems they're making 'mistakes ' as often as selling jade. Just seen Dave 'hi guys' Troth saying they made another 'mistake' yesterday. Does anybody still believe this repetitive codswallop?

Caught Angeline scurrying back to camera yesterday, apparently had to leave her post to go to the call centre for some hand wringing reason........honestly 🤣

Seems they're making 'mistakes ' as often as selling jade. Just seen Dave 'hi guys' Troth saying they made another 'mistake' yesterday. Does anybody still believe this repetitive codswallop?

Caught Angeline scurrying back to camera yesterday, apparently had to leave her post to go ranting to the call centre for some hand wringing reason........honestly 🤣
She’s such a drama queen, I can’t watch her for too long, my blood pressure won’t stand it!! I remember a while ago she was ranting on about yet another transgression about whoever logs the inventory. Once again she was the only one to spot that the diamonds were a much higher grade, cue multi coloured table where she helpfully pointed out the mistake. I’ve seen her do this several times now, so pardon me if I don’t believe these constant mistakes.

She’s such a drama queen, I can’t watch her for too long, my blood pressure won’t stand it!! I remember a while ago she was ranting on about yet another transgression about whoever logs the inventory. Once again she was the only one to spot that the diamonds were a much higher grade, cue multi coloured table where she helpfully pointed out the mistake. I’ve seen her do this several times now, so pardon me if I don’t believe these constant mistakes.
The times I've heard them say that it's the weekend and nobody is in as well. Giving the impression that it's just the audience and the presenter who has total charge of prices.

For presenters, they have a lot of clout if you believe that. Utterly ludicrous.

The times I've heard them say that it's the weekend and nobody is in as well. Giving the impression that it's just the audience and the presenter who has total charge of prices.

For presenters, they have a lot of clout if you believe that. Utterly ludicrous.
One of my pet hates, the ‘There’s no management in the building’. Constantly repeated by Amelia and Lindsay every morning, do they honestly think that people believe this? Another pet hate is Lindsay telling us how proud she is of us. For spending our own money?????? 🤣🤣

If any other company in the world made as many pricing mistakes as Gemporia claim to do, they’d be out of business in no time.
So it just proves they’ll say anything to make a sale. Lying shysters the lot of them

Latest posts

Back