Dave Troth

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh Gee4, I can’t stop laughing at your comment 🤣🤣 So true. I flicked over from another channel to see Ellis in fits over the Jewellery boxes being on 3 for 2 . Don’t know what’s happened, shouldn’t happen etc etc. oddly enough that’s the same offer that was on in the week. Obvs Ellis and The Hayleygig didn’t get the memo.

Yesterday and today Dave has graced our screens with biblical, Sandwana emeralds. Was anyone tempted? The prices were too rich for my blood and I dislike cabochons so I wasn't. And what do you think about Dave's claim that he is taking on high jewellers like Tiffany's with his David Harry Collection? Are you impressed l?

What a "treat" that is for those who can't stand him. He is on air as I write this, selling Columbian emeralds. If the schedule is right, he will be there for 3 hours, selling emeralds and then, of course, jade
I switch channels as soon as I see him. But that's true for Angeline, Ellis, Hattie, Lyn, Jess, Lyndsay, Jake and Poppy. Or Jainey "Zelda from Terrahawks" Bennett touting any old crap with bits of cheap stones stuck in them.

I don't really have Gemporia on that much these days.

I could have sworn he was on Gems yesterday around 10 am, then 3 pm, and then nearly 10pm. Does he ever go home? When I see him I just turn over. Can't stand having to listen to him droning on for at least half an hour before they even start selling. Then the female presenter hanging on his every word. Bet she's thinking, you don't 'arf go on and on. Give it a rest and just sell the flipping jewellery.

For fans of Dave Troth, he is going to be on for 3 hours, back to back, today, from 7pm onwards. I am not sure what's worth: that or 3 hours of Hattie on her own. I never watch when she is on

Dave has a special one hour show which started tonight at 8pm for some Morganite which is apparently rarer than hens teeth.
It’s now 8.22 and I haven’t seen a single piece of jewellery yet because him and Adina haven’t managed to stop wittering on since the show started. Absolutely ridiculous

Dave has a special one hour show which started tonight at 8pm for some Morganite which is apparently rarer than hens teeth.
It’s now 8.22 and I haven’t seen a single piece of jewellery yet because him and Adina haven’t managed to stop wittering on since the show started. Absolutely ridiculous
I know, he always witters for about 30 minutes and then he starts on his clocks 🙄

I remember back in the better days of Gems TV something Steve Bennett used to say about air time costing money and that’s why they need to sell their pieces quickly in this format. I just don’t understand how it’s financially viable for them to spend up to 45 minutes just talking with no sales. Does all that talking actually result in more people buying?

I remember back in the better days of Gems TV something Steve Bennett used to say about air time costing money and that’s why they need to sell their pieces quickly in this format. I just don’t understand how it’s financially viable for them to spend up to 45 minutes just talking with no sales. Does all that talking actually result in more people buying?
If all the presenters and guests are doing are yakking at each other, or the presenter and the gallery and/floor staff are more concerned with having a chat and ignoring doing their actual jobs, then I turn over.

If Dave Troth, Jake Thompson or Toby Cavill are just droning on and on to camera, then I automatically change channels. I do the same with TJC: life's far too short to sit through a lecture or the presenters' catch-up with backroom staff to then get presented with an overpriced piece of jewellery consisting of inferior stones that have been irradiated/heated/coated/dyed to within an inch of their lives and set in literally gold or silver foil.

And that's if it isn't beauty, clothes, homewares, supplements or gardening stuff. My money is pretty much safe, I think 😏

When he finally shut up, he presented us with ridiculously overpriced morganite, so for me it was a waste of time. Jake's amethyst in silver was even worse. Later on they sold a diamond ring in gold for the same price. It makes no sense. Well, it seems to me that I will not be buying anything in this event.

Latest posts

Back