Dear God!

Pick-a-Lily

was that summer?
Have you seen that awful Salvador Dali style 'jewellery' that's on just now? And the price of it!! :11:
They must think we button up at the back.

kitten_with_claws

VIP Shopper
I think the worst one was the freaky elephant with legs like the war machine things from 'War of the Worlds', positively creepy! *shudders*

vampyre

Blood Drinking Iconoclast
They're atrocious!! I worship Dali and the tall elephants are a classic image from the Last Temptation of St Anthony. That stuff is vile and crazy in price. :64:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
That is so wrong on many levels!
Who the hell has decide the viewer will want that load of sh**e :33:

kitten_with_claws

VIP Shopper
They're atrocious!! I worship Dali and the tall elephants are a classic image from the Last Temptation of St Anthony.

I'm not much of a Dali fan to be honest so had to google it but the originals (still kinda creepy, sorry!) look nothing like that hideous jewellery which makes a mockery of them!

vampyre

When it comes to art we're all unique in our tastes and vive la difference.
When it comes to tatty baubles we all seem to unite :D :64:

vampyre

Actually now I think of it the deformed beast is a replica of a gold sculpture, so is the crowned heart. Damned if I can remember the names of them though. :64:

Boris Bear

VIP Shopper
The lips and teeth scared me, I wouldn't want to wear that!

Catkins

VIP Shopper
I LOVE Dali and was really looking forward to this range when it was first on QVC. What a disappointment. The items look really cheap and nasty. Bet Dali is spinning in his grave!!

vampyre

I LOVE Dali and was really looking forward to this range when it was first on QVC. What a disappointment. The items look really cheap and nasty. Bet Dali is spinning in his grave!!

They say he loved money, an anagram of his name being avida dollars, but I can't imagine he would want to be associated with such tat. :64:

Satis

VIP Shopper
Oh dear...

I liked the elephants, and I was given the hand earring for Christmas.

He did design them, after all...

calico

VIP Shopper
Aha! I saw a bit of that show last night and wondered if there would be a thread.
What an insult! While we might not all like Dali's art, those pieces of jewellery were sooo cheap looking - except they weren't cheap.
What about a nice Pre-Raphaelite range made of Bacofoil and plastic smokey quartz?

Pick-a-Lily

was that summer?
I do like Dali's art, but I'm afraid it doesn't translate well into costume jewellery. (And I was gobstruck at the price of it as much as anything).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
top10prod
AdBlock Detected

Thank you for visiting ShoppingTelly.com

We get it, advertisements are annoying, however without them this forum would cease to exist.

Members of ShoppingTelly.com can go TOTALLY AD FREE, VIP LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP is just £10!

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks