Debbie Flint and big news about Devon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

All photos taken as a selfie with the obligatory giant face in the foreground, to one side, as she always has to get in there.

I must say, I saw the first post in this thread and my eyes rolled so far back in my head, they somersaulted and came back round. I'm not really surprised but it still never ceases to amaze me how much self-publicising some of these QVC women do.

By the way, on the "About Us" page of the retreatsforyou.co.uk site, speaking of her partner in the venture, Wendy, it says "Just don't ask her about QVC....!" I wonder why??
That face is like a satelite dish

I thought she had once said she was due to be on it but due to work commitments/grandchild being due it didn’t happen
Balls!!!

I'm still surprised she hasn't popped up on Four In A Bed yet and the only reason must be that her QVC contract doesn't permit it.

This is something I've always wondered. That qvc is known nationwide, and anyone must have lived on Mars if they've never heard of it, even if they've never watched it.

So, given that the presenters are all mostly 'long stayers' and are 'fairly' well known, then why haven't some of them appeared on various mainstream shows ? whether its quiz programmes (celebrity pointless?) or even interviewed on a morning magazine programme ? I mean, Julia R would have relished the opportunity to plug her books on Loose Women or This Morning, and Flinty would have a field day self publicising, therefore, like you say DF unless there is a clause in their QVC contract that forbids them from doing it, I cant understand why it hasn't happened.

This is something I've always wondered. That qvc is known nationwide, and anyone must have lived on Mars if they've never heard of it, even if they've never watched it.

So, given that the presenters are all mostly 'long stayers' and are 'fairly' well known, then why haven't some of them appeared on various mainstream shows ? whether its quiz programmes (celebrity pointless?) or even interviewed on a morning magazine programme ? I mean, Julia R would have relished the opportunity to plug her books on Loose Women or This Morning, and Flinty would have a field day self publicising, therefore, like you say DF unless there is a clause in their QVC contract that forbids them from doing it, I cant understand why it hasn't happened.

In my opinion it hasn’t happened because nobody is interested in their talents and achievements. Ex dancer, great cook, fab house and garden, Mensa member, writer, living the dream in Devon, vlogger and prepare yourselves for the latest series of vlogs - tales from my balcony, soon to become a mini series. Did you know about the balcony?

Funnily, enough, I used the very comparison on here a few years ago, speaking of the selfies: a satellite dish propped up against a wall. I don’t have an elfin face myself but then I don’t insist on having my mug dominating every snapshot I take.

Sorry, I wasn't copying! :D

I'd say face like 'Zippy' from 'Rainbow' then (unzipped) but I loved Zippy!

Ha, no, I know you weren’t. It would be before you became a regular on here anyway. It just shows how we all see it the same. Jodrell Bank also springs to mind.

Zippy!! :ROFLMAO:

Used to have a property client that talked like Zippy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: He was a great guy and I got good commission but I had to give him to a colleague as it was too much trying not to laugh when I was talking to him. He even had a Zippy laugh, in fact I just found a picture of him.

1593199180125.png

Used to have a property client that talked like Zippy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: He was a great guy and I got good commission but I had to give him to a colleague as it was too much trying not to laugh when I was talking to him. He even had a Zippy laugh, in fact I just found a picture of him.

View attachment 19083

Thanks, you two. I’ve now got the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah tune in my head!

I saw this when she had been there for about 6 months. The garden was an egyesore for a supposed Writers’ retreat, and I do know what I’m talking about. Inside the house was totally cluttered with small rooms. At the time it gave me the creeps, too claustrophobic for me. I am sure she could have bought something nicer. We’re all different.

On a different comment. Is it not the case that she and Queen Julia are best friends who meet up often outside of Q. Says it all doesn’t it!

I always thought it was a bit much......Heard today howevs, that the rental holidays are booming cos no one is flying.
Unless you clean hol cottages yourself, or have amazing cleaner, most staff do a rushed shite job. I stayed in 2 pre covid from a good company. There were mice in one & it stank. Obie located a rotten corpse behind the loo...yuk yuk. Obvs I'd moved to the other end of the cottage, but we left after one night!

The second was a huge luxury place, but the cleaning was dire.

Until November last year I used to clean a holiday cottage owned by a lady even more famous than DF.

My colleague and I were meticulous in doing the best we could (but we are of that generation!) and between us we were allowed 10 hours for the linen change and top to bottom clean, and as far as I know there was never a complaint.

So many times we found it disgusting, puddles of urine and vomit on the floor, dirty underwear in the drawers, dirty nappies on the dining room table...even used needles under the beds.

Then to save money it was decided to hand the holiday lets to an agency, they have their own staff who are expected to do the same job in half the time, inevitably standards will dip.

I did the job for over 10 years, my ex colleague for over 12 but we were on a casual contract, one Monday last November when we arrived at the cottage we were given letters informing us that our services were no longer required.

In the past I always used holiday cottages and on the whole they were pretty good. Because we tended to go for older picturesque properties sometimes the drains weren’t the best but only once I had to complain about the state a cooker/grill/oven was left in.
I always purchased cleaning stuff and tried to leave it in fair condition. Now my mother would have had you cleaning it top to bottom every day despite being on bliddy holiday!!!,

Susie aren’t owners so stupid, it doesn’t matter how lovely the area is people don’t want to stay somewhere not well cleaned, however if they are the type who would leave vomit and urine then they are animals who deserve nothing better, maybe that’s more prevalent to properties which accommodates large parties rather than just a couple or small family?

In the past I always used holiday cottages and on the whole they were pretty good. Because we tended to go for older picturesque properties sometimes the drains weren’t the best but only once I had to complain about the state a cooker/grill/oven was left in.
I always purchased cleaning stuff and tried to leave it in fair condition. Now my mother would have had you cleaning it top to bottom every day despite being on bliddy holiday!!!,

Susie aren’t owners so stupid, it doesn’t matter how lovely the area is people don’t want to stay somewhere not well cleaned, however if they are the type who would leave vomit and urine then they are animals who deserve nothing better, maybe that’s more prevalent to properties which accommodates large parties rather than just a couple or small family?

The cottage could sleep 8 plus 2 baby cots but there were occasions where tents would be pitched in the huge garden that went with the house which was not allowed in the terms and conditions but as far as I know nothing was said.

The cottage has open fires and I remember on one occasion the guests had not a clue about using a fire and had it burning so fiercely they set the chimney on fire!!

I don't have the 'mentality' for house rents or holiday cottages. My sister in law keeps on about having all the family together in a big house in a picturesque part of the county. Personally I cant see the point, living in someone else's house, finding where everything is, using their cooking stuff, bedding and cutlery. I'd rather stay at home in comfort and not worry about damaging anything or catching anything from the beds. And after seeing the internal photos of Flinty's abode, then thats more evidence why I dont !

I'm a top hotel kinda gal (when I can afford it).

Until November last year I used to clean a holiday cottage owned by a lady even more famous than DF.

My colleague and I were meticulous in doing the best we could (but we are of that generation!) and between us we were allowed 10 hours for the linen change and top to bottom clean, and as far as I know there was never a complaint.

So many times we found it disgusting, puddles of urine and vomit on the floor, dirty underwear in the drawers, dirty nappies on the dining room table...even used needles under the beds.

Then to save money it was decided to hand the holiday lets to an agency, they have their own staff who are expected to do the same job in half the time, inevitably standards will dip.

I did the job for over 10 years, my ex colleague for over 12 but we were on a casual contract, one Monday last November when we arrived at the cottage we were given letters informing us that our services were no longer required.

What a great way to treat people who have given good service, dismissing you at a moment’s notice. I hope that agency doubled the charges shortly afterwards due to the disgusting condition the place was left in after lets, basically risking the health of the cleaners.

I never fancy holiday lets because of the thought of this sort of thing. I’m sure it’s my loss as no doubt some are immaculate. You just never know what sort of animals (and I don’t mean pets) have been in there before you.

We used to have an independent cleaner at work who was paid £x amount per hour contracted for x hours per week. She wasn’t the greatest but ok. She left to look after grandchildren so they went out to tender to cleaning companies. Now I imagine they pay £z to them but the actual cleaners still only get £x if even that. Well the cleaner who comes to us is deplorable, spends all her time on her mobile in the kitchen and we have to end up cleaning our own work desks and floor as if she empties the waste basket twice a week we are lucky (and we have separate shredding areas so only the odd post it or choc wrapper) and we have never seen her with a vac and the loos aren’t great. We have complained to management but they just treat it as a joke. I don’t understand why they continue to take this service from an agency - it’s not as if they have to worry about redundancy or unfair dismissal or anything just get another operative from the same agency. We joke that when she is on holiday the sub will have to clean a years dirt!

They'll miss you.....cleaners these days take about 5 max, on a changeover!!!

I'm a cleaner at the moment and some that I work with are just bone idle. I go to work to clean and I usually work alone which I prefer. More recently I had to work as part of a "team" and I spent more time drinking tea on an hour break (only worked 3 hour shifts) and made to feel like some kind of traitor or weirdo if I suggested actually doing what we were paid for.

Our small family of Mr CC and I, plus Bry regularly rent cottages for holidays but I always take spare bedding to cover theirs as the dog does sleep on the bed and I usually spend the afternoon of the day before leaving cleaning the place. I would be horrified if the owners thought we were dirty buggers :oops:
CC

People as so short sighted. When I look at reviews I discount such things as food, atmosphere, friendliness as these are subjective but if more than 1 review says anything about cleanliness then I pass on like a bullet as that is one area I wont comprise on and I think most are the same.
a few quid saved on cleaners wages wont do much when those TA reviews keep mentioning it.

Latest posts

Back