Debbie Flint and big news about Devon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Evie

Registered Shopper
In her last blog she promises us big news about Devon.
I wonder if it is about her plans to turn the writers retreat into an Airbnb let. She posted about it somewhere on the internet but the post seems to have been taken down. She was asking if people would be interested in taking over the use of the house for £300 per night. It apparently sleeps between 12-16. It will be self catering but there will be a breakfast welcome pack.
She might be anticipating a lot of interest because of Covid 19 staycations?
Sounds like an insurance nightmare to me.

It’s posted on the retreats for you Facebook page. I’ve just noticed it says prices FROM £300 per night. How much would it be at full capacity of 16? It’s a big no from me. I’d rather stay at home.
There are +26 photos from its retreat days.

Couple of days ago I heard her mutter, which seems odd her not speaking at the top of her voice, perhaps the sound was down or I had the fan on.
Can’t be sure so can someone please enlighten if they know but something along the lines of her buying a new place in Surrey???
Don’t think I’ve dreamt it :unsure:

Well, even a tool shed in Surrey needs a huge mortgage, so a huge house in Devon might only buy a 1 bed flat in the county.

Sounds like she's in financial straits. All the self publicising of her cream teas and tales of her get togethers have clearly hit the buffers, she'd be better of having Karaoke nights 😂

Couple of days ago I heard her mutter, which seems odd her not speaking at the top of her voice, perhaps the sound was down or I had the fan on.
Can’t be sure so can someone please enlighten if they know but something along the lines of her buying a new place in Surrey???
Don’t think I’ve dreamt it :unsure:
Her brother is likely getting sick of her kipping at his house 4 or 5 nights a week. I know I would be if it was me she was staying with. Ha ha ha

I don’t do Facebook but had a google search and a page of hers came up.
She’s done a video at a converted hospital in Banstead talking about buying an apartment with a balcony

In her last blog she promises us big news about Devon.
I wonder if it is about her plans to turn the writers retreat into an Airbnb let. She posted about it somewhere on the internet but the post seems to have been taken down. She was asking if people would be interested in taking over the use of the house for £300 per night. It apparently sleeps between 12-16. It will be self catering but there will be a breakfast welcome pack.
She might be anticipating a lot of interest because of Covid 19 staycations?
Sounds like an insurance nightmare to me.

Here it is on Airbnb

How interesting! I think it looks OK except for that kitchen floor. I have to sayI wouldn't ever have wanted to be based in Devon whilst working in London so am not surprised by this turn of events. Where will the writers go though? Perhaps the problem is that they didn't all dash down there. It could be a combination of wanting her own place to live when working and wondering how she could run it easily with all the social distancing etc etc post covid. It would be quite a palaver, and would she perhaps have to quarantine if flitting between two jobs where one has strangers coming into your household? I don't know, I can no longer understand all these rules!

From what I understood she was spending half her life working at Q staying at her brothers and the other half down in Sheepwash with these retreats going on.
With someone helping when she wasn’t in Devon. That was a while back long before lockdown so I’m not up to speed. Always thought that was a big commitment and all the travelling involved back and forth. I always thought she’d not be able to do both long term and expected her to finish with QVC, especially when the grandchildren arrived.

Goodness that looks like a big responsibility. It’s nice but what a lot of clutter. Who’s going to sanitize all that every day?
I would think she needs a second job like QVC to keep that place going ! A lot of money has clearly been spent on kitting the place out, unless a lot of it was there when she bought the place.

As for the flat in Banstead, the outlook is lovely, but why is she sharing with everyone the properties she's looking at ????? Who the hell is bothered ??

I would think she needs a second job like QVC to keep that place going ! A lot of money has clearly been spent on kitting the place out, unless a lot of it was there when she bought the place.

As for the flat in Banstead, the outlook is lovely, but why is she sharing with everyone the properties she's looking at ????? Who the hell is bothered ??

Goodness knows it’s all this look what I’m doing from loads of folk and seeing it all on social media

But also it’s not just any property she’s been looking at, according to the video it’s the actual one she’s hoping to be moving in.
Why would you put that out for all sorts of reasons but even the vvery least to jinks it all going through.

Latest posts

Back