Debbie Flint Instagram

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Mormons are a weird lot. Joseph Smith was led to these golden tablets by an angel translated them then had to bury them again. The original has never been found or was it the tablets. They split into different factions way back so loads of in fighting. They used to believe the more wives they had and children they produced for the cult meant they got a higher place in heaven when they died.

The Jehovah Witnesses are really a death cult, the founder went around telling people the world would end on a certain date early Victorian times. So the followers went to a hill in England and waited for it to happen, nothing. So he told them he had made an error and recalculated again next date nothing. Then it turned into it was still coming but no date given. They have to keep themselves pure to make sure they get into heaven, no blood transfusions or Xmas and birthdays. There has been in recent years people leaving saying they were sexually abused by elders in their local church when children. The same elders investigated the claims of course nothing ever done about it.

I don't have a faith, many think I'm a Pagan, but find religions & their rituals fascinating. The spin offs seem to be the most bizarre, I worked with a woman who was Plymouth Brethren, she was very stern & put 'eth' on the end of some verbs! There are Unitarian chapels close to where my daughter & sister live & one in our town, I can't explain why but these buildings give me the creeps & I don't look directly at them.

I remember years ago the doctors took the JW parents of a child to court because they wouldn’t allow a transfusion, the doctors won and the child’s life was saved. This knocked me sick because firstly what religion would allow a child to die when there was a way of saving their life and two, the child’s parents would’ve and should’ve been willing to do anything to keep that child alive. If it were up to me I’d have taken the child off them, allowing a child to unnecessarily die is tantamount to murder, most definitely child neglect.

I remember years ago the doctors took the JW parents of a child to court because they wouldn’t allow a transfusion, the doctors won and the child’s life was saved. This knocked me sick because firstly what religion would allow a child to die when there was a way of saving their life and two, the child’s parents would’ve and should’ve been willing to do anything to keep that child alive. If it were up to me I’d have taken the child off them, allowing a child to unnecessarily die is tantamount to murder, most definitely child neglect.
Absolutely Shopps.

Yes posting sexually explicit photos is not on, having said that though if people court attention and publicity as much as Debbie Flint does then obviously it’s to be expected, you take the good with the bad. You never mentioned the photo in the first comments so just a case of crossed wires. 🙏
Ok that’s fine but to be honest I felt vilified
Yes posting sexually explicit photos is not on, having said that though if people court attention and publicity as much as Debbie Flint does then obviously it’s to be expected, you take the good with the bad. You never mentioned the photo in the first comments so just a case of crossed wires. 🙏
Ok that’s fine but to be honest I felt totally vilified but some of the responses posted. I had believed this to be a forum that allowed different opinions but, from re-reading this thread, it wouldn’t appear so. I appreciate I’m not one of the frequent posters and you and many others are but I didn’t think that made your views more pertinent than mine or others who only post from time to time. I’ve no doubt this post will receive a raft of comments disputing my point and that’s forum members’ prerogative but I felt I needed to reply and say how intimidating it feels to be on the end of disparaging comments that are then liked multiple times by regular posters. I’m not sure I feel up to reading the inevitable responses so will probably just sign out. However, perhaps my post will give food for thought on accommodating everyone and their views.

Ok that’s fine but to be honest I felt vilified

Ok that’s fine but to be honest I felt totally vilified but some of the responses posted. I had believed this to be a forum that allowed different opinions but, from re-reading this thread, it wouldn’t appear so. I appreciate I’m not one of the frequent posters and you and many others are but I didn’t think that made your views more pertinent than mine or others who only post from time to time. I’ve no doubt this post will receive a raft of comments disputing my point and that’s forum members’ prerogative but I felt I needed to reply and say how intimidating it feels to be on the end of disparaging comments that are then liked multiple times by regular posters. I’m not sure I feel up to reading the inevitable responses so will probably just sign out. However, perhaps my post will give food for thought on accommodating everyone and their views.

No it hasn’t given food for thought, I was basically saying it was crossed wires because you never actually said who you was talking about, so it was naturally assumed it was the person above you. Most of us have been on the end of “disparaging” comments, new posters get a “like” if agreed with, it’s not a given just because you post regularly you’ll get one, we’re all adults and will like if we like, but as you say you’re not a frequent poster so you’d probably wouldn’t know that. As you have a right to comment so does everyone else, I didn’t agree with the “nutter” comment, not just because you didn’t say who you was talking about, but the term in general. So no food for thought here I’m afraid, as we’re all entitled to comment and all entitled to reply.

A blood transfusion is equal to assault or rape in their eyes but where, in allowing death, is the sanctity of life? God’s will would surely allow transfusions if he gives us the brains to develop cures. They allow Tranexamic acid in haemorrhage situations. I have no time for their religion and I am a tolerant person. I told two elderly women who knocked at my door when my daughter was a toddler and standing holding my leg, if she ever needs a transfusion I will give it. They stood wide eyed looking from me to my daughter and scarpered.

A blood transfusion is equal to assault or rape in their eyes but where, in allowing death, is the sanctity of life? God’s will would surely allow transfusions if he gives us the brains to develop cures. They allow Tranexamic acid in haemorrhage situations. I have no time for their religion and I am a tolerant person. I told two elderly women who knocked at my door when my daughter was a toddler and standing holding my leg, if she ever needs a transfusion I will give it. They stood wide eyed looking from me to my daughter and scarpered.
It isn't just about keeping your body pure, I suspect...I think it is also a test of how obedient you are to the tenets of the Religion. Now, if you were in an intimate personal relationship, and your significant other kept asking you to do things to "prove" your love, what would that look like? Not good, really, imo...and not healthy.

It isn't just about keeping your body pure, I suspect...I think it is also a test of how obedient you are to the tenets of the Religion. Now, if you were in an intimate personal relationship, and your significant other kept asking you to do things to "prove" your love, what would that look like? Not good, really, imo...and not healthy.
Exactly.Well said! I think religion is a form of control. I try to be kind and helpful, and a good person the best I can, because to me, that’s how I think it’s right to be. Not because I’m scared that some invisible God will punish me, or not let me into his heaven, and fill me with guilt.

Exactly.Well said! I think religion is a form of control. I try to be kind and helpful, and a good person the best I can, because to me, that’s how I think it’s right to be. Not because I’m scared that some invisible God will punish me, or not let me into his heaven, and fill me with guilt.
Spot on Clothes.

My Gran, however, was very religious and believed in God and Heaven but she never thought anyone else should feel that way. I hope she made it up the stairs to the pearly gates, she wasn't that steady on her feet 🤭 🤭

CC

Sounds like I was lucky with my Pfizer ones. A slightly sore arm for just a couple of hours after the first jab in February, and the same for my second vaccination which I had last week. That's it.
I was the same with my first Pfizer one. I’m due for my second one this Wednesday so hopefully my second vaccination will have the same outcome as yours (ie: no reaction.)

Not Debbie but Instagram connection, interesting post model by Katherine Russell on Instagram yesterday, unclear if she is against Covid Vaccine or just Vaccine Passports!!! Post was supporting the march/protests that happened in London yesterday .
Close call, having looked at her previous post where she mentions endorphins & immune system I'd say she's probably vaccine wary. Our oldest, & smartest, neighbour is in her 80s, where in that decade she won't say, & had the vaccine not because of her age but so she can go on holiday again. She said that she never thought she'd see the day when the UK was this close to being a dictatorship.

Latest posts

Back