Debbie Flint on Kipling OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jacqualina

Registered Shopper
I'm afraid I just can't warm to DF, her hard sell, marketstall approach usually makes me turn over immediately, but I did just hear her come out with this on the Kipling OTO:
"......£40.80 down from £49.00, so that makes it near enough £40 instead of near enough £50 and you're not adding any p&p on, so if your brain works the same way mine does, as I've said before, you would normally pay your post and packing in which case your expenditure would be about £36 something for this..."
Firstly, today's p&p is 10p, so though I'm adding very little on, I'm still adding something. Secondly, I'm so relieved my brain doesn't work the way hers does because how can you subtract the price of the normal p&p (£4.45) from the cost of the bag?
I know some people will do anything for a sale, but this one has left me speechless. Should I go back to school and resit my maths GCSE?

I'm afraid I just can't warm to DF, her hard sell, marketstall approach usually makes me turn over immediately, but I did just hear her come out with this on the Kipling OTO:
"......£40.80 down from £49.00, so that makes it near enough £40 instead of near enough £50 and you're not adding any p&p on, so if your brain works the same way mine does, as I've said before, you would normally pay your post and packing in which case your expenditure would be about £36 something for this..."
Firstly, today's p&p is 10p, so though I'm adding very little on, I'm still adding something. Secondly, I'm so relieved my brain doesn't work the way hers does because how can you subtract the price of the normal p&p (£4.45) from the cost of the bag?
I know some people will do anything for a sale, but this one has left me speechless. Should I go back to school and resit my maths GCSE?

And the constant zooming in and fiddling with the monkies is annoying as heck. They are not the bag, they hold nothing, the furry ones are cumbersome. Time for Kip. to grow up I think.

I once mentioned that this woman reminds me of a sleazy car salesman.....................Would you buy a car off this woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO. She should join sleazy Charlie on the circuit of "Wanna buy a car"..........................Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Seriously, Debbie is a very clever lady. She's got loads of A levels and I'm pretty sure I read that she's got a top degree in Egyptology ( you'll have to check on that):bandit:

Sounds like the weird reasoning I use to justify a purchase to Mr Akimbo!

His reaction?

:headbang:

Jude xx

Sounds like the weird reasoning I use to justify a purchase to Mr Akimbo!

His reaction?

:headbang:

Jude xx

Ahhhhhhh: but does he resign himself with/to the purchase????????:grin::grin::grin:

I do think she's toned down the market stall approach to selling since she returned to QVC and some of her shows are really good, but she does have her moments that make me cringe! I enjoyed watchning her and Simon Wilson on the B&W show, not such an "intimate" pairing as with JR.

I've noticed a real improvement in her dress sense, she looks quite stylish now she wears "better quality" clothes and has thrown out those too-short a- line skirts.

I agree with you about the B&W show, I managed to watch it all the way through. Normally if JR is on with him I have to turn off, I can't stand seeing her creeping in and out of his backside. I thought he actually looked as if he was enjoying his show with Debbie.

I like Debbie very much - she's grown on me a lot, but this really really grates with me...if you're paying £40 for a bag with £4 odd p&p then that's £44 odd squidoodles. It isn't £36 cos you take the p&p off. I failed my GCSE maths 5 times, but even I'm not thick enough to fall for that one...they simply shouldn't be allowed to say stuff that...

Seriously, Debbie is a very clever lady. She's got loads of A levels and I'm pretty sure I read that she's got a top degree in Egyptology ( you'll have to check on that):bandit:

Pity she didn't take up an academic career then rather than inflicting her cheap sales technique on us. Really she is the one presenter I cannot watch at all.

She has an accounting degree according to her blog on QVC. It's true what they say about accountants making the numbers add up to whatever answer you want.

Did anyone else see her order the television TSV on air via her mobile? All a bit staged IMHO, if the TSV was so good surely she would order before the show.

I don't watch a lot of qvc at the mo - so missed the bits that you're all referring (sp) to.however I find DF growing on me.When she first arrived,I couldn't bear to watch - then I "endured" a few birkenstock shows with her as I really like (liked) the brand - and actually found her very informative and asking good questions with good feedback on sizes.

Not that I think it makes much difference to a presenting style - but i do think her dress sense has changed and improved - I think shes learning and improving!

Did anyone else see her order the television TSV on air via her mobile? All a bit staged IMHO, if the TSV was so good surely she would order before the show.

Thats 3 presenters so far who said they've ordered that then, cos Pipa and Debbie Greenwood did too. Wonder if they REALLY did though? :wonder:

She has an accounting degree according to her blog on QVC. It's true what they say about accountants making the numbers add up to whatever answer you want.

I do remember her studying Egyptology during her first run at QVC , ahd she said she was taking exams but don't know if she did or not.

Perhaps people might be interested in Debbie Flint's YouTube page:
http://www.youtube.com/user/debbieflints

She does upload some rubbish and she likes to record QVC being shown on her tv.
An insight into her life! Yawn

update:
just noticed she says she is 40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never in a month of Sunday's is she 40.

Last edited:
She's on now with LG and I have to say, she looks fab!! She has such lovely colouring and great skin, and she has such a joie de vivre about her - I like her too! I admit that sometimes she is in a market trader mode, certain shows brings this out in her. She is fab at the mo, and I love her dress. She looks better in browns that the blues she wears, and also better with her hair up I think. I am shocked that she is just 40, as she looks a lot older than me (37) but then again, looking at her skin and her great cheekbones, I think she may just be....

i like debbie she is not fake really just tries a bit hard with the hard sell. but she is fun to watch hilarious even. she looks really good with the laura geller makeover and she does not take herself too seriously.

she is really dressing better and looks really good with a nice fitting dress. her figure type does not really suit seperates. she has come a long way as i thought she would not fit in with the new qvc but she has injected her own spirit and fun.

well done bebbie.:star:

Latest posts

Back