Debbie Flints Novel ~ Hawaiian Affair (1-4)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pinkpussycat

Meeoow....
These are really enjoyable books!! They'll never win the Booker Prize but imo they are well written, easy to read and quite raunchy in parts :muscle: and just what I expected from Flinty lol. :grin: Lots of good reviews on Amazon and at 77p a go for Kindle download well worth it imho. For the more prudish amongst you there are what Amazon call 'close the bedroom door' versions also available. :mysmilie_483:Well done Debs :clapping: I'll definately be looking out for your next literary offering. :happy:

I haven't read them to be honest PPC (not really my thing), but I have no doubt that they are well written.
From the few times I've read her blog, you can tell she has a real flair for writing.

I can live in hope that she'll start writing the odd thriller/ crime story in the future, because as you mentioned, reviews for her debut books are looking good.

I've just started part 3 and I'm enjoying it too! It's well written (unlike so many books of that genre) and perfect reading for hot sunny days, crime thrillers don't do much for me in 30 degree heat!

I was a bit shocked at a passage on page 173:

"And their tongues intertwined like two slugs engaging in a courtship ritual. Squelch! Squelch! Squelch! Swish! Swish! Swoon! Mmm! Gordon slid his hand firmly down Veronica's silken thigh, as her cheeks blushed like a ripe peach on a tree, ready to be plucked! This was better than the hot flushes she had experienced before HRT. A whole lot better. Her Dennis Basso faux fur scarf dropped to the floor. Her diamonique solitaire glinted in the twilight. Gordon's eyes glinted with passion. The air was perfumed with lemon cologne and Tova Nights, tinged with the musky aroma of true love, a bit like the combination of a wedge of stilton and a tub of humous that had been left out in the open for a while longer than was ideal. With Gordon things were exciting, fresh and naughty. With Bill things were more dull than a water biscuit. Still it was ok to have a bit on the side. What he didn't know didn't hurt him, and something had to pay for all diamonique jewellery. Gordon began to unbutton his white twill shirt, his fingers fumbling with desire and aniticipation. He was rising to the occasion faster than a Yorkshire pudding in a hot oven! Veronica then switched on what she thought was the CD player, in anticipation of listening to "Night Birds" by Shakatak as a prelude her weekly bout of steamy sex. But instead the radio came on, playing "Torn Between Two Lovers" by Mary McGregor.
Veronica zipped up her Indigo Moon dress and stared out across the veranda at the sunset.

"What's the matter?" asked Gordon, Tersely.
"What's the matter? This is all wrong. That's what's the matter!
"You haven't complained these last 2 years!"
"I've just realised..."
"You've realised what?"
"That I ran out of instant coffee!"

Last edited:
I was a bit shocked at a passage on page 173:

"And their tongues intertwined like two slugs engaging in a courtship ritual. Squelch! Squelch! Squelch! Swish! Swish! Swoon! Mmm! Gordon slid his hand firmly down Veronica's silken thigh, as her cheeks blushed like a ripe peach on a tree, ready to be plucked! This was better than the hot flushes she had experienced before HRT. A whole lot better. Her Dennis Basso faux fur scarf dropped to the floor. Her diamonique solitaire glinted in the twilight. Gordon's eyes glinted with passion. The air was perfumed with lemon cologne and Tova Nights, tinged with the musky aroma of true love, a bit like the combination of a wedge of stilton and a tub of humous that had been left out in the open for a while longer than was ideal. With Gordon things were exciting, fresh and naughty. With Bill things were more dull than a water biscuit. Still it was ok to have a bit on the side. What he didn't know didn't hurt him, and something had to pay for all diamonique jewellery. Gordon began to unbutton his white twill shirt, his fingers fumbling with desire and aniticipation. He was rising to the occasion faster than a Yorkshire pudding in a hot oven! Veronica then switched on what she thought was the CD player, in anticipation of listening to "Night Birds" by Shakatak as a prelude her weekly bout of steamy sex. But instead the radio came on, playing "Torn Between Two Lovers" by Mary McGregor.
Veronica zipped up her Indigo Moon dress and stared out across the veranda at the sunset.

"What's the matter?" asked Gordon, Tersely.
"What's the matter? This is all wrong. That's what's the matter!
"You haven't complained these last 2 years!"
"I've just realised..."
"You've realised what?"
"That I ran out of instant coffee!"

Very funny! LOL

Latest posts

Back