Definitely not on Freeview then

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That sounds a bit short-sighted. They are automatically restricting their potential audience by not being on freeview, surely?

Or maybe, Hochanda nipped in and swiped the only immediately available freeview channel?

They plan to be on Freeview at some stage, they have not said never, companies cannot always get a channel on networks immediately.

That sounds a bit short-sighted. They are automatically restricting their potential audience by not being on freeview, surely?

Or maybe, Hochanda nipped in and swiped the only immediately available freeview channel?

It's cheaper to be on satellite than Freeview - so maybe seeing how it goes first.

Where does it say not on Freeview...?? on their page they say Channel number to be announced soon...

E-mail Craft Channel put out today......

"Good morning

At 8am Monday 14th we'll be On Air.

We're days away from launch now and all of our ducks are lining up nicely. We'd love you to join us so here is an explanation of where you can watch.

Crafting is a large and wonderful community, and we would like to reach as many people as possible, including people who aren't frequent visitors to shopping television.

We'll have 2 homes on satellite television, one in the Entertainment Section of the TV Guide and one in the Shopping Section. We'll also be broadcasting on Freeview HD and online.

On Monday 14th we'll be broadcasting from 8am on every Channel. After the launch, our broadcasting hours will be:

Sky
Sky 261 - 6am to 1pm
Sky 660 - 7am to 2pm
**** Crafternoon Off ****
6pm to 1am on Sky 660

Freesat
The pattern will be the same on Freesat

6am to 1pm on Freesat 402
7am to 2pm on Freesat 815
**** Crafternoon Off ****
6pm to 1am on Freesat 815

Freeview
We won't have full Freeview for the launch, However viewers with an Freeview HD box or TV will be able to watch on Channel 254 from 6am to 1pm.
You will need each of the following:

A compatible Freeview HD TV set or device
Broadband connection (2Mbps or more required)
Your device is connected to the internet (check device's network settings)
Your device is connected to a TV aerial

Virgin
At the moment we are not on Virgin. We would love to be and are in talks with them at the moment but it is Virgin's gift to grant. We'll keep you posted.

We would like to thank you for all your support so far. We can't wait to get On Air and we do hope you can join us.

You'll be able to watch the Channel streamed on www.thecraftchannel.tv.

Best wishes

The Craft Channel Team"

If it's on freeview HD 254 (I have a freeview TV) then why do I also need a 2Mbps internet connection to watch it (mine is only 1/10 that speed)?

I think they have done the same as Win Cash Live did and bought airtime on Showcase TV. This channel is on Sky and Freesat but only available on freeview via compatible internet connected devices. On freeview Showcase is a streamed service broadcast over the internet rather than over the air.

If it's on freeview HD 254 (I have a freeview TV) then why do I also need a 2Mbps internet connection to watch it (mine is only 1/10 that speed)?

You need internet because it's streamed to you via the net rather than aerial.

When I had 2Mbps internet I thought it was slow...1/10 would be like going back to dial up! LOL Is that the best your area has?

Latest posts

Back