Delivered to porch!!! Er, No....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mazza

Registered Shopper
What a disappointment this morning! Tracking says my Flora Mare OTO was delivered to porch at 9.31. Well my kitchen overlooks my porch and I was in there then and never saw anybody. I checked emails at 9.40 (which I do a lot on delivery days to make sure things do not sit in porch for hours as he always just leaves them there now whether I am in or not) and saw the notation so rushed out - but no parcel. Big fat fed up! I did a tour of other flats looking for a stray parcel but no such luck! I didn't even see the courier about. Now having to wait for the letter........ Or for the courier to find a forgotten parcel at the back of his van tonight. Funny though that if it was a mistake I didn't get a wrong parcel.

I had that with a Hermes delivery from QVC last week ..."delivered to secure front porch"... I don't have a front porch, I have 3 steps and a front door on quite a busy road!
my hubby was home too, doorbell wasn't even tried ... was lucky I got the email an hour later saying it had been delivered ... I phoned hubby who opened the front door, it was just lying there!!!

I complained to Hermes, still waiting for a reply!!

After ringing Q to report the matter, I did input a website question to Hermes on the lines of please contact the courier for this postcode and get him to check for my parcel etc etc as it was not left in porch. I am fully aware they will do nothing and this is not the intended use of the form, but just felt like doing it!

I now keep checking the porch in case he has made a return visit having found my parcel still in his van. But it is late for him to be here now. Bummer!

What a disappointment this morning! Tracking says my Flora Mare OTO was delivered to porch at 9.31. Well my kitchen overlooks my porch and I was in there then and never saw anybody. I checked emails at 9.40 (which I do a lot on delivery days to make sure things do not sit in porch for hours as he always just leaves them there now whether I am in or not) and saw the notation so rushed out - but no parcel. Big fat fed up! I did a tour of other flats looking for a stray parcel but no such luck! I didn't even see the courier about. Now having to wait for the letter........ Or for the courier to find a forgotten parcel at the back of his van tonight. Funny though that if it was a mistake I didn't get a wrong parcel.

Have you checked with neighbours? The one time I had the same situation, it had gone to neighbours house. I believe it was a genuine mistake as our usual hermes courier is brilliant, on this occasion he was on holiday and the route being covered by someone else. Our street is all house names not numbers so easy mistake if unfamiliar.

Yes I have been all round our flats and walked round to another block with a similar name but no joy. I spoke to a few people but most are out during the day here and there was nothing in any porch that I could see. I think he must have picked up mine by mistake at a completely wrong address.

Fingers crossed when someone's home from work they find your parcel and deliver it to you. We once received an amazon delivery via yodel intended for another address. We didn't know the address, neither did local postie, so I drove round a few miles till I found it - the recipient was delighted as they'd given up hope

Gosh you are a sweetie! I don't think you get that kind of good deed in SW London. I have walked the odd letter or package round to the next block etc but driving a few miles is going above and beyond. I am expecting nothing so that way I will not be disappointed. On the other hand I am checking the porch about three times an hour just in case, lol.

The same happened to me a while ago. The email said it was delivered but it wasn't - I was in all day. When I rang Hermes they said they had my signature - I told them they might have had a signature but it wasn't mine. Having had no luck with Hermesi I rang QVC the next day and customer care told me it wasn't past the 5-7 working days. As I was on the phone my husband came in with the parcel he found on the doorstep (obviously no attempt to ring the doorbell). Anyway, I have this theory. Since QVC say they will deliver in 5-7 working days maybe their contract with Hermes states this. If so, by saying they have delivered, and saying they have a signature, Hermes can pretend they fulfill the terms of the contract even if they haven't, especially if they deliver the next day knowing QVC tells people not to complain until after the 5-7 days is up.
Anyway, just a thought.

Gosh you are a sweetie! I don't think you get that kind of good deed in SW London. I have walked the odd letter or package round to the next block etc but driving a few miles is going above and beyond. I am expecting nothing so that way I will not be disappointed. On the other hand I am checking the porch about three times an hour just in case, lol.

We're in a rural area, all house names, no street names or numbers, so a new courier won't be familiar. I just knew how frustrated I'd be if tracking showed delivered and i hadn't received an item, so thought I'd do what I could to find the house.
Hope you do get your item.

I had a problem with Hermes this weekend for the first time ever. I tracked the parcel and it said it was with the courier and that's always meant it'll be delivered that day. I was in all day and, when it hadn't arrived by 5 p.m., I re-checked the tracking and it said it had been returned to the depot for re-delivery tomorrow (Tuesday.) I knew that Saturday wasn't a day my regular courier works so contacted her and told her what had happened and that I was going to pursue it. She contacted the guy who 'supposedly' delivered it why he'd sent it back. He said it hadn't been on his manifest and consequently he hadn't seen it until he was going home. As the tracking info was changed at 13.37 he must work a VERY short day! She then told him that I was going to report it.

I rang QVC and they said they'd let Hermes know, but they gave me a phone number that they use to contact Hermes. I rang Hermes this morning and spoke to a really nice guy who confirmed that my parcel had been on the courier's manifest and he should have delivered it, as per the tracking. I then changed my 'query' to a complaint. I do know the courier's name but didn't have to give it to them because they know which round's attached to the tracking number.

My regular courier has now been brought up to speed and she is going to mention to the other courier that they now know that he lied about the reason the parcel was returned. It probably won't do any good but at least he knows that I won't be taken for a fool.

It's not the fact that the parcel wasn't delivered, it was the fact that he lied that prompted me to take it further. But, as I said before, this is the only problem I've had with Hermes or any other courier, and considering the number of parcels that I've received over the years that's pretty good going, in my opinion.

I just looked at the tracking again (obsessing!) and it says delivery confirmed by courier at 13.24! Pants on fire, Mr Courier, but that must mean someone else got it rather than it still sitting in his van. Am now awaiting the letter.

My heart sinks when I hear the words courier when I've ordered something. Either they send it back as undeliverable (never even tried) or throw it over the fence. I've had emails to say it has been delivered about 15 minutes before actual delivery, so that's an accurate system isn't it - not!

Latest posts

Back