Denim & Co TSV 5/8/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally agree. Yes they're comfy when you put them on but they don’t give me anywhere near enough support. I had a joint replacement of the 1st MTP joint 5 years ago so do I try and look after my feet, and Skechers just don’t do that IMO.

I've written on this site about Skechers causing my plantar fasciitis, (inflammation of the heel) which was very painful and lasted months. The doctor's first question was what type of shoes do you wear as she had seen other cases caused by Skechers-type shoes. I now wear them as slippers or for very short periods if I need the comfort factor because let's face it, they are good for that - in small doses. For walking, I need a differential between my heel and the rest of my foot (ie heel support) and Skechers don't give that. I have now got supportive insoles in all my Skechers, an extra but necessary expense. I never suffered from plantar fasciitis before wearing them and I cured it by rolling my arches on a bottle of iced water. They and other brands need to rethink the designs of their soles to give better support. I found Vionic shoes uncomfortable, so they weren't the answer.

I agree. Skechers are ok for short term, but they are a lot of money to have 'rolling' feet after a few wears, despite the comfort factor. 'Proper' shoes can be quite challenging when reverting back to them.

I agree, I have a high arch and the ball of my right foot (slightly larger foot) takes more weight and is often sore, Sketchers just made it worse after a short amount of time. I now live in Brooks trainers, they have much better support and the pain in not as bad these days.

I’ve had Skechers for years and wear them all the time … ive had no issues at all … sorry to hear your stories of problems ! … Just shows you all feet are unique .. I can’t do without mine … helps my sciatica …

I’ve never rated sketchers. The sizing is inconsistent, there’s no support and they’re expensive for what they are. I like earth spirit because there’s decent arch support but I also can go for miles in fitflops. They’re quite cute and soo comfortable.

I've written on this site about Skechers causing my plantar fasciitis, (inflammation of the heel) which was very painful and lasted months. The doctor's first question was what type of shoes do you wear as she had seen other cases caused by Skechers-type shoes. I now wear them as slippers or for very short periods if I need the comfort factor because let's face it, they are good for that - in small doses. For walking, I need a differential between my heel and the rest of my foot (ie heel support) and Skechers don't give that. I have now got supportive insoles in all my Skechers, an extra but necessary expense. I never suffered from plantar fasciitis before wearing them and I cured it by rolling my arches on a bottle of iced water. They and other brands need to rethink the designs of their soles to give better support. I found Vionic shoes uncomfortable, so they weren't the answer.
I got plantar fasciitis from wearing Converse basketball style trainers. Most of them have no arch support. Luckily I got locked down in Spain for 3 months where you were not allowed out for exercise. The enforced rest cured m PF and now I am careful what I wear. I wear Crocs as slippers.

Attachments

• Denim & Co TSV 1.jpg
    Denim & Co TSV 1.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 271
  • Denim & Co TSV 2.jpg
    Denim & Co TSV 2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Denim & Co TSV 3.jpg
    Denim & Co TSV 3.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Denim & Co TSV 4.jpg
    Denim & Co TSV 4.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 238
  • Denim & Co TSV 5.jpg
    Denim & Co TSV 5.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 257
Don't see the point in having a hood with a cardi, especially when your hair's long and you have to try and tuck it all inside. If you need to put the hood up then it's probably freezing cold and in which case you'll probably be wearing a coat with a hood anyway, so why add unecessary bulk? I've had a couple of hoodies in the past and I don't think I ever put the hoods up on them. Looking at this offering, the white one doesn't look too bad, the black just looks "Hillbilly scruffy" and the other three colours are frumpy and I can't see that they'd go with anything or enhance any outfit. Money safe!

Also thought these type of cardigans were shorter bomber style.
Ideally worn on cooler summer mornings / evenings or early autumn when a fleece is too warm or worn to look slightly smarter in place of one.
These creations look like they have been left on a hanger and allowed to grow in length.

Latest posts

Back