Desperate measures

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
We all know that IW has been the 'home' of the cheaper product, but there was always an air of respectability with the maturity of the presenters, like Denise, Loel, Sean (to a degree), their older Create and Craft guests, and the pleasant models.

Now they have changed the 'persona' of the channel by employing all the out of work gobby auction presenters, (who must be on cheap wages to have them en-masse,) and with the continuous 'deals' and change of on screen graphics, the whole thing is going down the pan big time.

I remember years ago when one of the first Apprentice's (You're fired) groups had to do an on screen presentation. Insanely they chose a wheelchair and craft glue dots to sell. It showed Loen talking them through it behind the scenes, and she made it clear that they weren't to damage the reputation of the company. Clearly here we are, and by hiring the likes of Jacks and Genevieve the 'reputation' they once had is now long gone.

We all know that IW has been the 'home' of the cheaper product, but there was always an air of respectability with the maturity of the presenters, like Denise, Loel, Sean (to a degree), their older Create and Craft guests, and the pleasant models.

Now they have changed the 'persona' of the channel by employing all the out of work gobby auction presenters, (who must be on cheap wages to have them en-masse,) and with the continuous 'deals' and change of on screen graphics, the whole thing is going down the pan big time.

I remember years ago when one of the first Apprentice's (You're fired) groups had to do an on screen presentation. Insanely they chose a wheelchair and craft glue dots to sell. It showed Loen talking them through it behind the scenes, and she made it clear that they weren't to damage the reputation of the company. Clearly here we are, and by hiring the likes of Jacks and Genevieve the 'reputation' they once had is now long gone.

Seems amusing to think that Loen wielded such power back then.... what happened?

Yes I agree. It has changed.Used to be pleasant to watch for a while and buy if there was anything that looked good and a fair price.I went on the create &craft channel mostly.There's too much high pressure 'check out ''be quick' .The presenter quality isn't the same . I've also had problems both with quality and customer service so yes reputation seems to be less important.

Shopping channels are probably having to change tack to compete with all the online sales. Q has also gone hard sell and The Jewellery Channel has gone downmarket mass selling tatty stuff . Rocks is now an "outlet " channel

I watched IW in the early days a lot and it was fun with plenty of laughs but I agree the ex Bid presenters are a bit too much over the top and loud . Loen can be loud but in a jokey funny way.

Yes IW has changed, people used to call it old fashioned and stiff, so I think they've gone too far the other way employing the ex Bidders to try and make them look more light hearted but it's backfired on them. The good thing is though, their service has gone a lot better with free returns making it even more risk free, I suppose that's the main thing. I rarely watch now I just browse the website. Funny thing is, the last few times I've ordered, a little sign comes up saying "did you see this product on tv" then you click yes or no, so I wonder if they're getting the message.

Seems amusing to think that Loen wielded such power back then.... what happened?

Presenters who can talk faster, spout even more rubbish than loen did... took her limelight. She obviously couldn't take the opposition. LOL

It's garbage.

Their pricing is unfathomable, disingenuous and sometimes even plain dishonest. Their postage charges are all over the place and at times are by far the highest I've seen anywhere. Their reviews on independent Review Sites get worse and worse. It's up to the buyer if they think they're good value, more often than not I don't for the type of products they generally sell.

But the most alarming thing for me is the beginnings of them telling untruths about actual products. They should, and I'm sure they will, be called for those really mean watch sales and we can't blame the Bid lot for that. This is right up there with Sit Up and their tactics, in my opinion.

It's such a shame, I used to much prefer Ideal World over QVC. I'm still no fan of QVC but in those rare times I make a Selly Purchase it's very unlikely to be from Ideal World, I simply do not trust them.

And sometimes I find their presentation downright offensive. For me the whole shebang screams of desperation and a company sinking fast.

They're now even recruiting old Bid people to present on Create & Craft :down:

How could they employ Mike Mason? He worked on that disgraceful "Quiz Call" channel at one stage. Anyone who could work for that rip off outfit, must be without any integrity whatsoever! How can anyone believe a word he says?

How could they employ Mike Mason? He worked on that disgraceful "Quiz Call" channel at one stage. Anyone who could work for that rip off outfit, must be without any integrity whatsoever! How can anyone believe a word he says?

His CV is very bad : -

Bid
iBuy
Quiz Call
Back To Bid
Ideal World

It's even worse than Debbie Flint's (Chuckie) :mysmilie_59:

His CV is very bad : -

Bid
iBuy
Quiz Call
Back To Bid
Ideal World

It's even worse than Debbie Flint's (Chuckie) :mysmilie_59:

Mike's sales figures have to be extremely good (relatively speaking) to justify his continued employment; he must chime with significant swathes of prime South-East England outside-of-London territory.

Put another way, out of the old Bid presenters I was never a fan of James Russell but even I would have employed him over Mike Mason. And that's saying something :mysmilie_59:

Mike's sales figures have to be extremely good (relatively speaking) to justify his continued employment; he must chime with significant swathes of prime South-East England outside-of-London territory.

Put another way, out of the old Bid presenters I was never a fan of James Russell but even I would have employed him over Mike Mason. And that's saying something :mysmilie_59:

Now, James Russell was something else! An even bigger bull sh****er than Simon and clueless with it!

LITTLE GOLLUM is a Proven Blaggy Claxon for Schlocky Outfits, no doubt he'll always get picked up by such places, until he finally shrivels away.

No chance of getting James 'Neil' Russell. He's a kind of a Filmmaker now, he has his own Production Company called Flat Frog Films.

It's early days. Well, it's been going for 6 years. Even if Neil himself isn't it's revenue are very modest, profits even more so. But good luck to Neil, I like him :mysmilie_59:

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/06996733/FLAT-FROG-FILMS-LTD/summary

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/06996733/FLAT-FROG-FILMS-LTD/financial-accounts

image.jpg

Totally agree, the man is disgusting. I emailed an official complaint about him telling IW that in my opinion, and obviously many others, his aggressive nature is unacceptable not to mention the way he talks to women. As much as I don't like screechy Salla Jacks, she didn't deserve to be called "oh here it comes, the snout. Go back under your bridge you troll!" live on air on the Pressure King Pro show. I taped it because IW gave me a £10 off voucher, so I'd bought it but was gutted to see it was him doing it. He kept shouting "on the British Bake Off you was robbed!!" even though Holly kept asking him to stop because the winner is a good friend of hers, did he? absolutely not. So I emailed IW and told them this too, but I'm under no illusion that anything will get done, I know it won't, but I feel better knowing I've actually done something.

On you tube is a recorded show where in his old life he (MM)was flogging worry angels which were in his opinion for those who had noone to talk to.Beyond awful.

Last edited:
http://youtu.be/j3SpLfjlo8c is a link to a recording of a show where in his old life he (MM)was flogging worry angels which were in his opinion for those who had noone to talk to.Beyond awful.

He's a vile little creature, truly so. His on air persona is inarticulate, crude, bawdy, crass, the personification of ignorant, if he was funny you might forgive all that but he isn't. He's neither pleasant to look at or listen to, he should maybe stop spending all his peanuts on crap and visit a Dentist. He has shocking, jagged teeth like Predator, worse than any 'Troll' or ugly 'Ex' he so inappropriately speaks of. This moron has a long history of being involved in the most disingenuous, schlocky and far from transparent ventures. Completely repugnant, really.

So work out for yourselves why he's at this horrible and really mean incarnation of Ideal World :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

Oh yes of course.He had a finger in quite a few pies . Metaphorically speaking . Maybe his presence truly reflects the new worrying direction of IW. Only time will tell.

Oh yes of course.He had a finger in quite a few pies . Metaphorically speaking . Maybe his presence truly reflects the new worrying direction of IW. Only time will tell.

LITTLE GOLLUM is absolutely perfect for them now but he's only a bit part player, he always has been.

Peter Simon is now the quintessential Ideal World Presenter. It took him no time to become the star of the 'show'. He is the supreme essence of Idealworldism.

He's so at 'ome :mysmilie_59:

He's down to Earth(very).Popular with some of the audience ladies.Appears honest and plausible. (Yeah sure).A kind of every mothers'son- in a strange Norman Bates way.
Knows just how to knock out the gear and has personal anecdotes for everything. And of course utters the immortal words "These won't last" "check out" "get on the phones" Definitely at 'ome.

Latest posts

Back