Desperate measures

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh that's so funny.I can't actually imagine her doing normal things like walking . I've only ever seen her flogging stuff.She used to be a dancer or something in the 80's.Wonder if they still have that pashmina?

Oh, no, not another DANCER !! was she really ?? what IS it with all these dancers and out of work actresses that they automatically think they can turn into telly presenters. Julia Roberts, Jill Franks, Claire Sutton, Jilly Halliday, Sara Griffith, Chuntley. I spent many years tap dancing, would I qualify ?????

Well if you fancy a job give them a call. Reckon you'd have to do some kind of audition or screen test. Tell them you have danced then I suppose you're in.Only problem is you're spoilt for choice as to which channel to start with.I believe E W danced at the Moulin Rouge.(or so I heard )

I still remember on an IW blooper when Ellis Ward said something about loving a spit roast (that was the general gist of the comment) and Andy & Loen Love had to say that she couldn't say that on tv and it's probably not what she think it means.

I still remember on an IW blooper when Ellis Ward said something about loving a spit roast (that was the general gist of the comment) and Andy & Loen Love had to say that she couldn't say that on tv and it's probably not what she think it means.

And I dare say Peter Simon is lamenting that he wasn't around to milk that comment for all it's worth in smutty innuendo and leering expressions... either that, or he would be on saintly (for him) best behaviour, with the sort of faux serious expression he brings to the Kinkcade shows - sheer artistry...

I don't think the dirty little man needs to be around for anyone else's smutty sexual innuendos when he creates such classics as "I'd love to give Joe one" when handing him a sausage, "ladies of the night" referring to Moisashite but let's not forget the all time favourite "coming up the rear" can't remember what that was referring to, I was done by then, enoughs enough.

Ellis was one of the original presenters on IW, along with Nanty. She liked to remind us of this fact, thought not as much as Nanty does. She used to regularly tell us about her weak bladder and stress incontinence, and would often regale us of a tale when she was going up Snake Pass in Derbyshire and needed a wee and had to do it on her daughter's brand new pashmina which caused much upset.

Vile woman.

If that "weak bladder" incident had ever happened to me (which, thankfully, it hasn't yet) I certainly would not tell people whilst presenting on Selly Telly!

If that "weak bladder" incident had ever happened to me (which, thankfully, it hasn't yet) I certainly would not tell people whilst presenting on Selly Telly!

Exactly - me neither. But Ellis seemed to think that her daughter's wee-soaked pashmina was a sure fire way to increased sales of the pelvic floor exerciser. And it was a stock-in-trade tale, like Hayley's dying father and the bin bag chairs, or that rigorous scientific study about norovirus and Bissels.

Exactly - me neither. But Ellis seemed to think that her daughter's wee-soaked pashmina was a sure fire way to increased sales of the pelvic floor exerciser. And it was a stock-in-trade tale, like Hayley's dying father and the bin bag chairs, or that rigorous scientific study about norovirus and Bissels.

Now I understand why she said it, based on what she was selling! They will say anything to get a sale! PS, I still would not have revealed that charming anecdote...

Now I understand why she said it, based on what she was selling! They will say anything to get a sale! PS, I still would not have revealed that charming anecdote...

Regardless, it's a pretty despicable sales tactic.

If you can't sell the goods on their own merits, why throw your private life, friends and family under the bus sell them?

Regardless, it's a pretty despicable sales tactic.

If you can't sell the goods on their own merits, why throw your private life, friends and family under the bus sell them?

Totally agree! No one more than Frumpy tilt-head back in the day "wheeling out" excuse the pun, her disabled brother every time she made a sale that wasn't jewellery. I remember her trying to flog this hideous oversized throw which frankly was meant for a sofa or a bed, saying how handy it would be to drape over his knees when he's out on a cold day - Yeah right, it's not gonna trail on the floor or get caught up in the wheels - Terrible...anything to make a sale. I hope to God her brother didn't watch her, as I'm sure he'd have been horrified with all the guff she was trying to flog in his name!

Totally agree! No one more than Frumpy tilt-head back in the day "wheeling out" excuse the pun, her disabled brother every time she made a sale that wasn't jewellery. I remember her trying to flog this hideous oversized throw which frankly was meant for a sofa or a bed, saying how handy it would be to drape over his knees when he's out on a cold day - Yeah right, it's not gonna trail on the floor or get caught up in the wheels - Terrible...anything to make a sale. I hope to God her brother didn't watch her, as I'm sure he'd have been horrified with all the guff she was trying to flog in his name!

Frumpletiltskin was another Baby Jane-Esque 'steamroller'. But far more unpleasant, insincere to the point of contemptuous and highly dislikable. I'd imagine her peers loathed her just as much as the viewers.

But not quite as much as they loathed LITTLE GOLLUM. And I bet this lot all talk behind his back, even Split Ends Ellie May Clampett.

She's supposedly his 'friend'. Yeah, right :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back