Destello .. misselling?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ah, yes, the Visage range. The loose powder with four shades Givenchy has done that for years and even the package is the same as Givenchy.
And the foundation that you can mix to your perfect shade. Been doing that with Boots Beautifully Matte for years. And can’t see any reason why you can’t do that with any foundation🤣🤣🤣

Ah, yes, the Visage range. The loose powder with four shades Givenchy has done that for years and even the package is the same as Givenchy.
I know the Givenchy one and yup, even knocked off the packaging, whilst no doubt bleating on about how hard it is to perfect the peoduct and the container, box etc..

Last year, I decided to order some Visage items, suckered by the hard sell and claims of how wonderful it is. Anyway, sat back and started to feel the old feelings of I have not been sensible here and beyond what they are saying (Kati & Lynn), there really wasn't much information, like where it is manufactured. So, I called the call centre. The attitude was very brusque, borderline rude in fact. I was calm and just repeated my question, I think 4 times. I was told "hold on", I waited and was cut off after about 10 mins on hold. Now I was annoyed and rang back but kept my tone civil and polite, asked again. Eventually, I got it out of them that all Visage products are manufactured in China. So, I asked to cancel my entire order, it was well befor midnight. I was told "done" and abruptly hung up on again. I do not like to buy beauty products made in China. They are cheaply made by exploited human beings and have to shipped half way round the planet. I don't boycott items from there but there is a limit to the environmental damage I want to do to the planet! After all that, Gemporia still charged me and 3 weeks later, instead of my requested refund, they sent me the goods. I asked for a shipping label but was refused. They refused to refund me, so I threatened to sue for charging me for unsolicited goods. They said pay to return but we won't cover it, so I said No, come and get them. Eventually I persisted for about 3 more months and then said "Enough with this, 7 days for refund or small claims court" and I would have taken them to court on principle. I got my refund but they never collected their goods. To$$ers

I too bought some Visage items recently. I felt they were quite good products for the price but suspected they were probably made cheaply in China with all the environmental implications and other ethical considerations. I'm still waiting for Gemporia Customer Services to come back to me on my query about Hattie's knitwear she said she had designed, but which arrived with another brand's label ... The problem is when you start to notice discrepancies and start to mistrust a brand, it does make you wonder about wider issues such as what sort of ingredients are in make up, supplements sold, what sort of standards have been followed and even are they safe. Thanks for sharing your experience, not pleasant reading at all ...

On its website Paul James offers wholesale deals and rebranding to other retailers. That is obviously the road Gemporia has gone down with all its lines, outsourcing stock and passing it off as "designed" by its mouthpieces. Unfortunately they are clearly cutting corners on the rebranding.

I too bought some Visage items recently. I felt they were quite good products for the price but suspected they were probably made cheaply in China with all the environmental implications and other ethical considerations. I'm still waiting for Gemporia Customer Services to come back to me on my query about Hattie's knitwear she said she had designed, but which arrived with another brand's label ... The problem is when you start to notice discrepancies and start to mistrust a brand, it does make you wonder about wider issues such as what sort of ingredients are in make up, supplements sold, what sort of standards have been followed and even are they safe. Thanks for sharing your experience, not pleasant reading at all ...

I agree, they really are not as transparent as they lead us to believe. When Visage first launched I messaged the Studio and asked if the products were cruelty free. The message did not make it to air, but lot’s of ‘Kati, you’ve changed my life’ messages did. I emailed Customer Services and they did respond, confirming that the products, were indeed, cruelty free. I couldn’t understand why Kati wouldn’t want to answer this on air? I thought, on receipt of the products that they were ‘ok’ but not the ‘Tom Ford’ quality that Shameless Ellis was going on about. I guess, you get what you pay for, but the hard sell on these products is incredible.

Yes I intend to press for a response on this particularly as Gemporia talk so much about trust! By the way if you are tempted by a pink cotton cable jumper 'by Hattie', for £186, available exclusively at Gemporia, it can be purchased elsewhere for £35 from £45!! I paid 59.99 in the Gems auction .... interesting to hear about the snowglobes too !
Just looked at that site and found those jumpers. They look lovely and a great selection of colours too.

Hi Snowstorm, yes they are lovely and great quality. I have 2 of the breton sweaters, a pink cotton cable and pebble v neck. x

I agree, they really are not as transparent as they lead us to believe. When Visage first launched I messaged the Studio and asked if the products were cruelty free. The message did not make it to air, but lot’s of ‘Kati, you’ve changed my life’ messages did. I emailed Customer Services and they did respond, confirming that the products, were indeed, cruelty free. I couldn’t understand why Kati wouldn’t want to answer this on air? I thought, on receipt of the products that they were ‘ok’ but not the ‘Tom Ford’ quality that Shameless Ellis was going on about. I guess, you get what you pay for, but the hard sell on these products is incredible.
Me too! I have messaged the studio asking if Visage was cruelty free and the message was ignored, I have since heard her say , rather quickly, they the products are cruelty free but she didn't elaborate on the statement. That makes me suspicious because any true cruelty free brand make a big deal out of this selling point, it is a deal breaker for a lot of people. I remain dubious as to how cruelty free they are. x

I've been a Gemporia customer over 10 years and have some lovely jewellery purchases, although you need to be selective. Destello is supposedly a fashion design by Hattie Houston which seems very popular .. but the original manufacture label left by mistake in one of the items I bought showed that the items claimed by Hattie as her own designs were a design by Paul James in Leicester. Lovely items but nothing to do with Hattie design wise, plus less expensive to buy directly. Makes you wonder about the rest of the Destello range and ethics.
Thank you for this. I bought a cardigan from the range and was really pleased with the fit and quality l, but thought it was a bit expensive. I had wanted the cable jumper too, but was not willing to spend £69. Happily I have just bought it direct from Paul James for £35 and the cardigan in another colour for £28!! Thanks again for the info!!

Hi Snowstorm, yes they are lovely and great quality. I have 2 of the breton sweaters, a pink cotton cable and pebble v neck. x
I have ordered the pale pink cable jumper for me and a grey cable one for my husband for xmas. It’s a beautiful site and reviews very positive. Thanks for sharing xx

My order arrived yesterday. Beautifully packaged. The items are of quality. You can tell by holding them. Do they have new year sales at all? Thoroughly pleased with both items.

Thank you, hopefully back at work on Monday x I'll update on any response from Gemporia Customer Services. I had messaged Hattie directly on her Instagram but seem to have lost the link/been blocked.
Did you ever get response from Gemporia?

Did you ever get response from Gemporia?
Following with interest. I have purchased quite a few of the scarves from destello, scarf rings, some ponchos. Always believing that they are designed and exclusive.

Hello, yes received a response but it did not address the point I raised - that the knitwear I received was identical to another suppliers product and so how could Hattie be the designer for this and perhaps other products she was presenting. I had raised this on Hattie's Instagram but quickly blocked. Gemporias reply was that they were sorry I hadn't liked the products and that they encourage presenters to block any negative or upsetting comments. Either they had missed the point or pretending to, I had said I really liked the knitwear I was just questioning if Hattie's design and if not, what about her other so called designs? Very unsatisfactory.

Hello, yes received a response but it did not address the point I raised - that the knitwear I received was identical to another suppliers product and so how could Hattie be the designer for this and perhaps other products she was presenting. I had raised this on Hattie's Instagram but quickly blocked. Gemporias reply was that they were sorry I hadn't liked the products and that they encourage presenters to block any negative or upsetting comments. Either they had missed the point or pretending to, I had said I really liked the knitwear I was just questioning if Hattie's design and if not, what about her other so called designs? Very unsatisfactory.
So misinterpreting your question. Your comments were not negative you was simply asking a question. Still not answered.

Hi Imogene,

Classic Gemporia spin doctoring tactics. Don't answer the question (they understood it just fine) and then attack you for being negative and upsetting Hattie! I am sorry but the more I read about this bunch of crooks, the more determined I am never to pass another penny in their direction. I am so sorry that they treated you like this but I am not at all surprised. xx

I spend WAY too much time watching Gemporia and blame wfh as I have it on in the background. I had a Destello teddy 'coat' arrive today. Oh, its so bad - shapeless, baggy and enormous! My son thought it was a dressing gown. My husband saw it and just laughed and just said you need to stop watching that show! I think he might be right lol!

I was watching the dressing gowns the other day and Ellis took the belt off and said you can wear it round your neck or through the belt loops of your jeans if you wanted to wear it loose as a duster coat.

Someone texted in to say she’d bought one to wear over a dress for an upcoming wedding 😮

Then Ellis started to lose her voice and couldn’t talk anymore, she just mouthed how she loved everything lol

I love watching it 🤣

I love watching it too really (although I buy far too much), I laughed so much watching them wear dressing gowns and long fur wraps and saying this is totally appropriate for popping down the pub! I was watching when Ellis lost her voice too

Latest posts

Back