Diamonds can be free at Rocks.TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I couldn't get on my lappie at all last night, thought we had a storm brewing. What have I missed? Sounds like you all had a ball. Had a look on the website this morning and love the chat.

I think things will improve greatly by the sound of it. This weekend is meant to be about smoothing over the cracks and there will definitely be bargains to be had. I think everyone's patience will pay off just bear with them.

Just wish some people could have had more patience & understanding
and not continued to bombard the chat room with 'I can't bid' & stuff
even after Tony had several times answered with 'Sorry, we're working on it'
Give 'em chance it was the first show ffs .. bound to be a few initial problems.
These 3 trial evenings were specifically scheduled to find out what problems there
may be & hopefully get them sorted ready for the launch 'proper' on Monday night

I disagree actually. The point of beta testing is to identify the faults and therefore feedback was required. They were clearly confused as to why things were not attracting more bids - and frequently said so, so IMO it was important to let them know that we were all desperately trying to bid but coming up against a number of different problems. I certainly gave prompt positive feedback when the sound and video streaming problems were resolved.

Good luck with that ring P A L. I've lost count of the number of times I made bids on the Mystic Topaz at £17, £19 and £20! Logging in and out, changing browsers and finally computers and still nothing in my basket! Under another name tho'!! :mysmilie_738.gif:

A gemstone? :mysmilie_738.gif:

Fruit polo? ;)

Nah? :rolleyes:

Giz another clue, Sacha! :D

What a great night is was last night.Yes there were problems but that is to be expected,that is why there is beta testing.

I loved the live chat thingy,it was lovely being able to chat with you all.As someone who has only recently joined this sight it was a nice way to sort of get to know you,as I know there are many on here who have been aquainted for some time.It is also a nice way for Rocks to get to know their customers and vice versa,as a customer it makes you feel valued.

Maybe it was just me though,but with the chat and their being only 1 item in many of the auctions it put me off bidding for some things(when it let me bid,that is!!:D) because I felt like I would have been snatching something from under people's noses.......you know when someone sneaks into a parking spot that you were patiently waiting for....that sort of thing!:D
I did bag an MT ring though,as there were 20 I felt no guilt,hopefully I'll like it.

I hope to you all there later on.....have a good day folks.:)

I disagree actually. The point of beta testing is to identify the faults and therefore feedback was required. They were clearly confused as to why things were not attracting more bids - and frequently said so, so IMO it was important to let them know that we were all desperately trying to bid but coming up against a number of different problems. I certainly gave prompt positive feedback when the sound and video streaming problems were resolved.

Lily I think what Lyn is saying is that even after they were made aware of problems with bidding etc. and were frantically working on it, people continued to go on and on about it. They said many times that they were aware of the difficulties and were working on them but people still posted that they couldn't bid! I agree that the Beta testing was to identify any faults and to have them rectified for the formal launch on Monday and that's why a number of people were invited along but I personally agree with Lyn that there was a lack of patience and understanding with some people which is totally unfair.

Like you, I gave positive feedback when the sound problem was resolved although I nearly had a heart attack with fright when it suddenly happened!

They most definitely were aware of bidding problems very early on.
(either that or I was watching a different show & reading a different chatline)

Steve apologised several times, once to me personally in fact.

Of course people joining at different stages throughout the evening may not have been aware of this
& so let it be known in the chatroom that they had problems bidding, which is fair enough.
I was refering to the same people who kept repeating 'I can't bid' for hours!
It's obviously something that couldn't be fixed immediately.

Tony poor love must have been exhausted with replying 'sorry we're working on it'
Madtypist.gif

How's your head today hun?
knipoog01.gif

What a great night is was last night.Yes there were problems but that is to be expected,that is why there is beta testing.

I loved the live chat thingy,it was lovely being able to chat with you all.As someone who has only recently joined this sight it was a nice way to sort of get to know you,as I know there are many on here who have been aquainted for some time.It is also a nice way for Rocks to get to know their customers and vice versa,as a customer it makes you feel valued.

Maybe it was just me though,but with the chat and their being only 1 item in many of the auctions it put me off bidding for some things(when it let me bid,that is!!:D) because I felt like I would have been snatching something from under people's noses.......you know when someone sneaks into a parking spot that you were patiently waiting for....that sort of thing!:D
I did bag an MT ring though,as there were 20 I felt no guilt,hopefully I'll like it.

I hope to you all there later on.....have a good day folks.:)

:Hiya: Sweetpea

What a great point! I agree with you. There was one piece where Pepsidoodle was winning and I didn't want to bid against her! I suppose we all have to just go for items we want and understand that there's nothing personal in snatching from a friend!!

All's fair in Love and Gems! Easier said than done though. Hope to see you tonight at Rocks TV :Happy1:

I wish I'd thought of that BC! Seriously though I really hope nobody would take offence if a forum friend outbid them. It's bound to happen but that's what it's all about.

:Hiya: Sweetpea

What a great point! I agree with you. There was one piece where Pepsidoodle was winning and I didn't want to bid against her! I suppose we all have to just go for items we want and understand that there's nothing personal in snatching from a friend!!

All's fair in Love and Gems! Easier said than done though. Hope to see you tonight at Rocks TV :Happy1:

Ahhh bless ya ;)

I must admit I nearly swiped something from under someone's nose (can't remember wot or who!!!) but held back at the time... I personally wouldn't be offended as we all have our max prices that we are prepared to pay & if you want something then go for it :D

All's fair in an auction, it's the whole point isn't it? Otherwise you can just go to the Coloured Rocks website and buy whatever you want at the full price - the prices are still extremely good. (I am seriously considering going for that lovely Blue Topaz & Rose Gold ring that went for 20 some pounds last night - it's only £44 full price).

I too would hate to steal someones piece from under their nose, but as PAL says, alls fair in an auction! All you can do if you really want an item all you can do is put your best bid in and hope it gets you the piece.

I won a Citrine Ring but it went AWOL on the way to my basket! I think maybe "Tigerlily" or some other pseudonym stole it!!
I got really confused though - isn't hard I know - but after 10 minutes I couldn't remember who was who with all their different names! I believe our very own Diamond-Lyn was in there under another guise! No it wasn't "craigsnewbitontheside" I would have recognised that name!

.... ... .....
k071011.gif

OMG Klos I just read that!
funny-1.gif
thfunnyROFLMO.gif

behave.gif
.... .... funny though!
7smiliessayingsa.gif

and I appreciate you not using a ch between the t & the o

If I had used that name can you imagine it when Steve reads out the chat-room messages!
laughs_7.gif

Poor Craig, we give him enough stick on the other forum
Embarressed.gif

.... guess we'd better give him a break on this one
t481281.gif

STALKING.gif
m08611-1.gif

Had my huge weekend haul of goodies from rocks this morning, am realy pleased with them I will have no probs bidding and buying in future!
Plus the added bonus of 5...yes 5 books!
No need to buy any presents for a long time i'm well and truly stocked up!!

:D

Latest posts

Back