Diamonique with Chloe

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've noticed in the past that necklaces have been worn the wrong way round, and I thought that someone in the gallery would surely notice in camera close up, but no.

Another bugbear, is how a lot of earrings don't 'sit' right on some earlobes, and face downwards when they should be 'straight' on, so there's a lot of fiddling going on. Whether its due to a bad design or whether the lobe piercing isn't in the right place I don't know.

I don't have pierced ears, but its clearly hit and miss where the piercing practitioner makes the hole during the procedure, and can really affect how the jewellery looks.

Every so often I see things on air at Q that annoy me. I find it truly amazing, as this is their business, and Q staff's jobs. Why would you want to: dress models in soiled clothes, or poorly finished clothes, or too small/too big shoes? Why would you put jewellery items on incorrectly? Why wouldn't you want to make sure the items aren't broken, missing stones, aren't missing in action?
Surely, if you are using the telly to sell the goods you have available, you would want to show them to their best advantage?
I wonder if anyone at Q actually gives a toss... they seem to think they are getting away with it, and to an extent they are!

Because it’s money for old rope. As with all jobs where SM has become a prominent part of their corporate front, they are living in LaLa land totally removed from what it’s like to actually have to deal directly with those you are selling to.
All the big companies are the same - trying to complain or even just get in touch with a query is a days work as finding any means other than an online form with tick boxes is impossible.
I’m in the middle of this with Marks and I’m getting madder than a badger !

I've noticed in the past that necklaces have been worn the wrong way round, and I thought that someone in the gallery would surely notice in camera close up, but no.

Another bugbear, is how a lot of earrings don't 'sit' right on some earlobes, and face downwards when they should be 'straight' on, so there's a lot of fiddling going on. Whether its due to a bad design or whether the lobe piercing isn't in the right place I don't know.

I don't have pierced ears, but its clearly hit and miss where the piercing practitioner makes the hole during the procedure, and can really affect how the jewellery looks.
The models quite often wear the Lola Rose necklaces the wrong way round. Really bugs me, if I can tell, why can't someone tell the model. Oh that's right, cos no-one is bothered enough to do their job.

She must be extremely dim; the fact that they are same front & back is no excuse because earrings are put on/into earlobes from the front.
Yes, they were long earrings with the wire & clip up the back. God knows how she managed to put them in her ears. She must have put them in the back of her piercing lol

Many years ago after a lot of deliberation I went to get mine pierced. The dots of ink on my lobes were not balanced, she gave me a mirror for approval :oops: I thought if she can’t dot my ears equally there’s no chance she’s putting holes in them. I said I’ve changed my mind and walked off.

Why do they need a guest and a model? And is it me or do some of the more recent models look scared stiff?

If they're not scared, at the very best they don't all look natural, Betty, so I imagine they must have so many do's and don'ts to work round they're worried they won't be asked back again. The shelf life of a model on QVC isn't much more than the clothes they have to wear - except for Tiff, who soldiers on against all odds. But a lot of them don't look happy, contrasting with the IW models who are relaxed, happy, and would probably be able to carry off even QVC's dire offerings.

The models quite often wear the Lola Rose necklaces the wrong way round. Really bugs me, if I can tell, why can't someone tell the model. Oh that's right, cos no-one is bothered enough to do their job.
If the stud earrings droop forward, it's because the butterfly clip that goes into the post behind the earlobe is not sturdy enough. Another example of QVC getting away cheap

Like most things of the better things about the Q the professional models they engaged were in the past & even then there were slip ups; I can remember seeing dirty feet in close up :sick:

As a woman who`se lost more earrings than hot dinners I cannot recommend Lox earring backs enough. Mr V bought me some sapphire and diamond cluster earrings in the first year we were together and I love those earrings and wear them most of the time.
Anyway one particular day I arrived home from a trip to the shops and noticed one was missing. I was devastated and rang every shop I`d been in to check if they`d look for it or had found it. No joy.
In the end I accepted that it was gone forever and was heartbroken. A while later I was shaking out one of my fold up shopping bags , the type which fits into a little fabric bag and there was a clunk and my earring must have been trapped in one of the seams. I couldn`t believe it.
Suffice to say I was worried about losing it again and a friend told me about the Lox earring backs and they are superb. They hold the earring firmly in place and unless you squeeze the earring back in a particular way, they cannot be moved, pulled off or fall off even if they get trapped in a collar or when getting undressed. I buy them off ebay but they`re sold in lots of places.

As a woman who`se lost more earrings than hot dinners I cannot recommend Lox earring backs enough. Mr V bought me some sapphire and diamond cluster earrings in the first year we were together and I love those earrings and wear them most of the time.
Anyway one particular day I arrived home from a trip to the shops and noticed one was missing. I was devastated and rang every shop I`d been in to check if they`d look for it or had found it. No joy.
In the end I accepted that it was gone forever and was heartbroken. A while later I was shaking out one of my fold up shopping bags , the type which fits into a little fabric bag and there was a clunk and my earring must have been trapped in one of the seams. I couldn`t believe it.
Suffice to say I was worried about losing it again and a friend told me about the Lox earring backs and they are superb. They hold the earring firmly in place and unless you squeeze the earring back in a particular way, they cannot be moved, pulled off or fall off even if they get trapped in a collar or when getting undressed. I buy them off ebay but they`re sold in lots of places.
Thx. Lucky you. I’ll buy some from eBay. Do you have a solution for bracelets as I’ve lost so many? Just bought 2 pairs of the Lox.

Last edited:
Thx. Lucky you. I’ll buy some from eBay. Do you have a solution for bracelets as I’ve lost so many? Just bought 2 pairs of the Lox.
Sorry ILS bracelets are something I rarely wear because I break them so I`m no help to you. I catch them on door handles or suchlike. Consequently the few bracelets I own only see daylight on special occasions and they have safety chains. One belonged to my Mum, one was bought by my late sister and the other by my late first husband, 2 yellow gold, one white gold and all quite old now.
I also have a silver Pandora bracelet Mr V bought me and I rarely wear that too.

Latest posts

Back