Didn't realise just how much Peter Simon nicks his ideas...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I loved the humour of the likes of Larry and Les Dawson. They were proper acts.

What the hell dirty Peter is trying to do on a shopping channel, Christ only knows. Just sell the tat and go home.

I especially hate how he rolls his tongue round his bottom teeth. Seedy sod :puke:

I loved the humour of the likes of Larry and Les Dawson. They were proper acts.

What the hell dirty Peter is trying to do on a shopping channel, Christ only knows. Just sell the tat and go home.

I especially hate how he rolls his tongue round his bottom teeth. Seedy sod :puke:

I suspect it's much to do with him trying to delude himself that he is still a bona fide entertainer.

How grubby is it trying, and dismally failing, to rip off a lovely man like Larry's act to sell cheap muck. Revolting.

A total ripoff but it lacks much of the elegance and subtlety of Larry's act. But there's one characteristic that Dirty Peter will never, ever be able to copy from Larry.

Likability.

the other difference is that Larry Grayson had talent and was funny
he didn't come across as a dirty, perverted, revolting, bitter old queen like Pervy Peter
and I hope he reads this thread!

the other difference is that Larry Grayson had talent and was funny
he didn't come across as a dirty, perverted, revolting, bitter old queen like Pervy Peter
and I hope he reads this thread!

I totally agree but there's something else that seems to be totally lost on Dirty Peter deedee. Larry's act was of it's time, really funny and I love looking at old clips of him but even Larry knew when it was time to move on from it, and to a point he did.

I know they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but in this case I beg to differ!

I totally agree but there's something else that seems to be totally lost on Dirty Peter deedee. Larry's act was of it's time, really funny and I love looking at old clips of him but even Larry knew when it was time to move on from it, and to a point he did.

I know they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but in this case I beg to differ!

yes, I totally agree Wirral, that sort of humour and behaviour is not of the 21st century
perhaps Pervy Pete and Mike mason don't realise we've moved on since the times when those behaviours were accepted

Larry Grayson and others of his ilk, were genuinely funny men. They worked hard at their act and honed it to perfection. This takes talent, hard work, understanding your audience, and constantly tweaking your act to keep it fresh and topical.
Dirty Peter on the other hand... well you can see for yourself can't you...

yes, I totally agree Wirral, that sort of humour and behaviour is not of the 21st century
perhaps Pervy Pete and Mike mason don't realise we've moved on since the times when those behaviours were accepted

I guess when somebody is a one trick pony they can't easily adapt their 'act' so they carry on with it until the curtains inevitably close for good.

And close they most certainly will.

Latest posts

Back