Diet Chef - any good?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

London

Registered Shopper
I want to drop a few pounds before Christmas and have been thinking of doing the Diet Chef programme. Can anyone tell me if it is worth giving it a go? Any good weight losses (I've seen Bags and WOW 4 stone!!). Also, if you have done DC have you kept the weight off.... the tricky part:happy:

Oh yes, Diet chef is excellent for weight loss.

I started with the diet on August 3rd, and have weighed myself today...

...I have lost 26 lbs!!!

The food is really tasty, and I rarely feel hungry.

I will highly recommend it.

I get mine from the Diet Chef website, it lets you choose your meals, and there are a number options for payment, ie, the longer you sign up, the cheaper it is!

I signed up for three months, and for each month, I get an extra week free.

As a rule, I'm not a fan of diets that require you to purchase special food packs, however, from what I've heard on here there does seem to be some good losses... though I wonder how sustainable these are once a target weight has been achieved. As you've said you just want to lose some weight for xmas, then I'd say go for it...DC seems to be an ideal short term solution. Keeping the weight off?, as I said, that would be my worry too..I couldn't imagine that anyone could afford, or even want to live off ready meals, and processed food in the long term (However good it is) . I realise that with DC, you do also eat a good amount of fresh fruit and veg...but I can only imagine that sustaining a good weight loss would stem from the change in metabolism..ie being lighter and more agile, so you exercise more.

Last edited:
Someone on another board was asking about this. A replied from another poster said they spoke to their doctor about doing Diet Chef and he was very much against it. You should have 1000 cals a day on a good weight loss diet and DC is under that. So the doctor said okay for a quick loss but not healthy and better to lose slowly and more chance of keeping it off long term.

THe DC hamper is about 800 cals so you just add your fruit, veggies and milk to bring it up to about 1200 a day. I lost 20lb's in about 3 months and love the food. It taught me about portion control so I've managed to keep it off, although I do sneak a bit extra on my plate now and again. I'll watch the DC shows on Monday anyway as I find them informative. I really liked the guy they had as a guest for the last TSV. Good luck everyone, you can do it!

Losing weight takes a lot of will power, eating less and exercising. Keeping weight off involves changing your eating habits so unless you intend buying Diet Chef for ever, there'll come a point eventually when you need to educate yourself. I've gone from a size 16 to a 10 (no idea what I weighed then or now) since the beginning of June without the aid of any particular diet programme. I've had nothing sweet and I just eat less than I did, as well as exercising for a few minutes twice a day. It's just common sense really.

It does teach you about portion size - I eat off a smaller plate, with smaller cutlery, and I chew my food more.

As jillnorden says, it food itself comes to approx 800 calories a day, you supplement it to 1200 - 1500 with fruit, veg, anything low fat, low calorie.

After each stone lost, you re-evaluate your calorie allowance.

Diet Chef do not advocate eating under 1200 calories a day, as the body goes into 'starvation mode' and you stop losing. Up the intake, and the weight come off again!

Also, the more you exercise, the more you can eat.

Any diet takes will power. To lose weight you need to eat less, and exercise more.

Diet Chef works for me!

there have been some other threads on here about this mentioning cheaper ways to do it - eg the biscuits are just so and so's repackeaged etc. as you say whatever works for you although 26lbs in 6 weeks does seem rather a rapid weight loss. i must have a big appetite i think - if i eat portions that size i feel hungry and miserable all day.

I've been static at my target weight after DC for over 2 months, I have days of eating a few treats and days where I'm good. I can't eat anything like how much I used to, it's been brilliant.

Such great weight losses if you stick with it:happy:, I think I'll give it a go. Only tricky part is cooking for the family and a stick thin, exercise mad husband, lifes so unfair....

Oh yes, Diet chef is excellent for weight loss.

I started with the diet on August 3rd, and have weighed myself today...

...I have lost 26 lbs!!!

The food is really tasty, and I rarely feel hungry.

I will highly recommend it.

I get mine from the Diet Chef website, it lets you choose your meals, and there are a number options for payment, ie, the longer you sign up, the cheaper it is!

I signed up for three months, and for each month, I get an extra week free.

I just re read that - wow that is amazing!!!

Latest posts

Back