Discount codes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gems girl

Registered Shopper
Got an invite to use a discount code at weekend for 10% off any purchases and when i went online to order was advised to apply the code at checkout and discount would be applied. Ordered some shoes for hubby and was expecting the discount of £4.99 to be deducted at the end of process. Unfortunately it wasn't but continued with the order anyway. I made several attempts to contact through Live Chat and email but was unsuccessful as everything was busy. I received an email confirming my order almost straightaway but a couple of hours later received a text saying i hadn't completed my order but would save my basket till later. A short while later I received another email asking if I'd forgotten something and did I want to resume my order? I was a bit confused by this time and concerned that they would have sold out of the size I wanted. In the afternoon I sent an email to Customer Services asking them to confirm the status of my order and why the discount had not been applied, to which I received a return email advising they would contact me within 24-48 hours in reply. Up to present time I have not been contacted but have received confirmation that my order is being processed and the money has been debited from my account today.
Has this happened to anyone else lately? Why offer the discount if they are not going to give you it? I totally refuse to call a premium rate number to ask an adviser and it still costs the caller money if you leave a message and they call you back! And just to add insult to injury have just received another query text from them asking if I still want the product. This has never happened to me before and I am usually happy with the order process but this has left me a bit miffed to say the least. Advice as to how to proceed anyone?

I'm assuming it was the full price that was debited from your account?

If so then i would send another email to their customer services and state that either they honour the discount and refund the amount to your method of payment or you'll cancel order / return shoes if they are already on their way. Remember by law, when distance buying you have you 14 days to cancel your order and return the product (although IW offer 28 days) and get a full refund if your not happy.

PS

BTW instead of a discount they may offer you a credit for the amount which you can use off a future purchase, personally I wouldn't accept that as it means you've to spend more money with them to get the original discount.

What shoes were you buying, are they not available elsewhere at a good price?

Thank you for your reply Hammy60. I have just received an email from them apologising for the error and advising they have refunded the discount to my account, although on checking bank account it is not yet showing as a pending transaction. I will give it 24 hours to show and get back to them if it doesn't. Thank you for your help again

On the couple of occasion that I’ve needed a refund from Ideal World, it’s been back in my account within 3 days ….considerably faster than refunds from QVC.

Latest posts

Back