Do not email QVC praising any models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cue-V-C

Registered Shopper
Amazing how emailing QVC and complimenting a model on her professionalism seems to render said model obsolete.
I guess Chuntley is annoyed at not being the centre of attention, so she makes sure any well liked models never appear again.

I was a model for a time and found the business utterly ruthless, especially on TV

I admit I have never ever had the urge to email QVC to praise any of the models.

QVC seems to get rid of the well-known models when they hit a certain age and lots of younger ones have now appeared. They do keep a few women of a certain age but that is for beauty shows and they spend their time pretending to apply stuff to their faces.

There is a rather creepy man on Facebook who posts on the QVC page saying how lovely certain models are and wanting to know if they have Facebook pages to follow them.

Why would anybody want to email QVC to praise models or anything else ???
They`re people being paid to do a job, whether as a model, presenter,camera operator or whatever.
Lots of their employees will be freelance and free to work elsewhere when QVC work is thin on the ground. We may shake our heads at how Q runs it`s business especially at how some of the presenters behave but we all know as long as the money keeps rolling in then QVC don`t seem to care.
This pandemic has made a lot of people shop online but from Q`s performance during this pandemic I`d say they`ve encouraged people NOT to shop with them again. Other companies seemed to have stepped up to the plate, QVC seems to have done the opposite.

There's one model they use regularly and I've literally only seen her once wearing something that actually looks good on her. I'll only say that she's one of the slightly older ones, and have wanted to post this before, to see if it was "just me" but it just seemed unkind. Like I said I have seen her once modelling something that really suited her, but 9 times out of then the clothes just look awful on her....I can't pinpoint why though!

I'm going to be a bit horrible here, and say that not all the models are um, attractive. There is one in particular who has a very very square face, filler enhanced lips, and is a bit freckly, well she may be a lovely girl and the apple of her mum's eye, but I just cant watch her.

And dont get me started on their feet. (even young models in magazines, and those celebrities/film stars who wear open toed footwear with their evening wear have the most appalling feet, and should keep them covered up)

I'm going to be a bit horrible here, and say that not all the models are um, attractive. There is one in particular who has a very very square face, filler enhanced lips, and is a bit freckly, well she may be a lovely girl and the apple of her mum's eye, but I just cant watch her.

And dont get me started on their feet. (even young models in magazines, and those celebrities/film stars who wear open toed footwear with their evening wear have the most appalling feet, and should keep them covered up)
99% of them (on Q) have filler & botox. Even the young ones are having filled lips. Spotted one last night on the beauty channel who had succumbed (unnecessarily). She was naturally pretty before, with petite features which allowed her pretty & big eyes to dominate. Now, Silly eyebrows & filled lips made her face out of balance.
She often demo's mascara. It seems that what used to make a gal naturally pretty is now just surgically imitated, therefore natural beauty doesn't always prevail.
Makes me furious..... & sad....How can false faces be allowed to demo cosmetics/skin care?

on the red carpet they wear shoes costing megabucks and they dont fit them! Posh is often seen with her foot about 2 inches over the front with a corresponding gap at the back and toes hanging over the sides.

If your dress is thousands, your jewellery priceless why would you not spend money getting shoes which fit or is it a fact that comfortable shoes= awful looking/designer shoes= don’t fit?

on the red carpet they wear shoes costing megabucks and they dont fit them! Posh is often seen with her foot about 2 inches over the front with a corresponding gap at the back and toes hanging over the sides.

If your dress is thousands, your jewellery priceless why would you not spend money getting shoes which fit or is it a fact that comfortable shoes= awful looking/designer shoes= don’t fit?

Often they are loaned the clothes, especially jewels.

I once put a post on the QVC arsebook group about the likes of Judith Williams and Lulu selling anti-aging products when they had obviously had surgery and a face full of fillers, at the time Judith Williams' face must have had a fresh treatment because her face was so frozen she could hardly speak.
I said that they should make it clear that their faces had been artificially enhanced otherwise it was dishonest as people would assume the gloop they were peddling would give similar results.
The QVC groupies ripped me to shreds :p :LOL:🤣

It would never occur to me to email Q about models good or bad. Some of the really professional models have not been on for at least 3 years, sadly there are a few who were terrific, and who also had lovely personalities, who were my favourites but who died. In fact I still can’t believe these beautiful souls are no longer with us.

Latest posts

Back