Do the late night staff have tuberculosis?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

VapidStoat

Registered Shopper
What is is with the Gemporia floor staff in the late night and early norning shows? It doesn't matter who is presenting on screen, but there's always somebody in the background sounding like they're hacking so hard they'll bring up oil, or their lungs.

It's really horrible, but whoever is presenting (tonight it's Ruth), just carries on like nothing is happening.

This has been going on for months now, and it sounds like the same person coughing in the background. You would think that Gemporia's management would be a bit concerned considering we're still in a pandemic, and if it is the same person who has been coughing over a long period of time, then they really should get help.

At the very least, give the ill person a different job until they get their cough under control. Because nothing says "luxury", "special", and "professionalism" like someone persistently coughing their guts up.

After suspected Covid last Feb I couldn’t shift a cough and ended up with two asthma inhalers 7 months later.
Oh no! I am really sorry! That's awful, and I hope that it calms down soon.

Covid seems to hit people hard, or not. But then they can have long lasting effects, or not. And there is no way of guessing how people will react to it.

But having someone with a long-lasting cough in a closed space with other people during a pandemic doesn't sound like the best of ideas to me.

Never mind how it comes across on screen:

"Now look at this top grade Argyle diamonds and platinum ring. It's SO high end and an absolute legacy piece for your family!"
*cue loud and lengthy hacking cough in the background"

I am very sure that Tiffany's or Harry Winston's showrooms are full of staff coughing up all over the jewellery 😏

Oh no! I am really sorry! That's awful, and I hope that it calms down soon.

Covid seems to hit people hard, or not. But then they can have long lasting effects, or not. And there is no way of guessing how people will react to it.

But having someone with a long-lasting cough in a closed space with other people during a pandemic doesn't sound like the best of ideas to me.

Never mind how it comes across on screen:

"Now look at this top grade Argyle diamonds and platinum ring. It's SO high end and an absolute legacy piece for your family!"
*cue loud and lengthy hacking cough in the background"

I am very sure that Tiffany's or Harry Winston's showrooms are full of staff coughing up all over the jewellery 😏
Thank you VS, I’m heaps better but after a recent trial of not taking my inhalers I know now I can’t do without them. I was hopeful but not to be. In the early 50’s my mum reported a man to the authorities because she suspected he had TB, he refused to go to the doctors, and she was right. He was a neighbour who would sit on his front step coughing all day. Mum had three under 7 and me on the way at the time and my brother had a history of bronco pneumonia . The neighbour was sent to an isolation ward and she never saw him again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back