Do they really use their own products ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

China Girl

Registered Shopper
Following on from the other threads mentioning Tova,I have been wondering if she really does spray herself with her own perfumes when not at qvc. According to the many reviews the pefume quality has gone down since the early days,can we believe a woman of old school glamour,not short of a few quid.drips in diamonds, stays at the Ritz etc.uses this stuff when she could have the pick of anything?????
Do the skincare guests use the products they present on their own faces.....does Michaela use Gatineau,just because she works for them.The Liz Earle gang probably wouldn't dare to use anything else :giggle: what do we all think?

Not speaking about Tova as such but many people are wealthy because they know when it pays to buy quality and when it does not. If you like a perfume and it lasts all day and does not quickly go rancid in the bottle then IMO as long as you like it then you may as well spend one fifth if the cost of, say Chanel no. 5, which I don't like and brings me out in a rash. I would have wasted my money buying premium. That is over 60 quid I could put in my savings account, assuming I could afford the Chanel and needed some perfume. However there are many things I find worth paying the extra for, like giod quality sheets and towells I am still using hotel quality towels that I bought 15 years ago and expect they will last another 15.

What are the sayings " buy cheap and you buy twice?" and "look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves". A combination of the 2 will make and keep you wealthy.

I will never forget being astonished that a man who came into a hotel I was staying in dressed in fairly shabby and old clothes, needed a shave and a haircut was actually a multi millionnaire. He didn't spend money unwisely just to "look" rich because he was rich for being sensible with it.

Tova cosmetics has been owned by QVC for a few years now. Can I say that is when the quality dropped.:wonder:

A very famous one was when Nicole Kidman did the ads for Chanel No5. In an interview on a US chat show she said she only wore a simple musk fragrance which was quite inexpensive to buy.

I can't wear No5, it has a weird plastic bag smell on me. Love No22.

Forgot to say.. I reckon Tova used her own Tova signature reserve, and saves the best for her own collection which probably included a perfume collection the size of Harrods perfume department.

I find it difficult to believe that they all use just their own products.
Did not Liz Earle favour Lancome mascara?

As for paying more for quality .....

Serum
Exhibit A Ingredients:
Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Edta, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide, Octydodecanol, Citric Acid, Limonene, Fragrance

Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Adenosine, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Chrysin, Sodium Benzoate,

£15.00 amazon

Serum
Exhibit B Ingredients:
Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Hydoxyethylpiperazine, Ethane Sulfonic Acid, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sequistrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Salicycloyl Phytosphingosine, Phenoxyethenol, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Ammonium Polyacrylinethyltauranide/Ammonium Polyacrylolydimethytaurate, Octydodecanol, Citric Acid, Limonene, Fragrance

PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citronellol

£60.00 & £80.00 amazon

Many years ago now my parents had gone with the caravan to Scotland.

They took a tour of a famous whisky distillery.

There was an old chappie in a brown overall sweeping up and supplying my Dad with quite a bit of background information.

It was only Evelyn 'Dewar himself, the owner of the company.

Like my Dad always said, "rich people don't need to brag about it".

Following on from the other threads mentioning Tova,I have been wondering if she really does spray herself with her own perfumes when not at qvc. According to the many reviews the pefume quality has gone down since the early days,can we believe a woman of old school glamour,not short of a few quid.drips in diamonds, stays at the Ritz etc.uses this stuff when she could have the pick of anything?????
I couldn't agree more in regards with Tova perfume, can't imagine her husband wearing Handsome at his Oscars etc.

Tova cosmetics has been owned by QVC for a few years now. Can I say that is when the quality dropped.:wonder:
Tova EDP are made in the UK as says on the bottle, for European customers that is I guess, so she doesn't have to bring them over here all the way from the USA.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back