Do we need a reminder?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to call where I live 'the dog poo capital'. It is now not too bad, although you do have to keep your eyes peeled when walking.

My next door neighbour, who is also known as the village gossip, used to have 2 dogs and I would regularly see her letting her dogs foul outside on the grass verges. She would deny it if you said something.
Shocking. Should have filmed & shamed.

Vienna, I had to smile at your post. My departed Border Terrier saw a newly mown lawn as a freshly cleaned toilet (for him!) He was easy to keep away from them as he was always on the lead but one time when I was chatting to a man I knew who had been mowing away, my dog strayed off behind me onto his lawn and did "his business". I don't know who's jaw dropped the lowest :LOL:

I cleaned it up of course :oops:
Our pets always embarrass us. Obie has pooed in some awkward places (pub courtyard by couple having a meal) but I always clear up.....

we used to have poo bins and some thugs set them alight so our council had to get rid of them
Ah yes, that was the excuse our council used to use for the lack of bins. Truth was they just didn't want to pay people to empty the bins. "You can't have bins as the young laddies will just set fire to them". Why not make exploding poo bins that blow all the poo over the ned with the torch? Surely Mr Dyson could invent one?

CC

Ah yes, that was the excuse our council used to use for the lack of bins. Truth was they just didn't want to pay people to empty the bins. "You can't have bins as the young laddies will just set fire to them". Why not make exploding poo bins that blow all the poo over the ned with the torch? Surely Mr Dyson could invent one?

CC
💩 +🌋=🤣

CC
Especially now that he has topped the rich list.

CC

Can you imagine the price he’d charge for one of those though, considering the exorbitant price of his vacuum cleaners and hair gadgets?

It’s a brilliant idea though. 😂

Yesterday I had a conference call with my manager and my area sales manager.

The good news is that the store is re-opening on the 15th June the bad news is that my hours have been cut by by 15 hours a week to just 24 for the foreseeable future, and I'm lucky to have that, but I live alone there's no-one to help share the bills.

My sister worked in the Wallis concession in our local Debenhams and only found out she'd lost her job when her daughter happened to be that end of the high street and saw that the store was being emptied.

Oh how I wish I'd seized the chance to buy a piece of cut glass and silver tat to wear as a constant reminder of these happy times :(:mad:

Susie I’m so sorry to hear that. Just read that our Debenhams will reopen on Monday not that I will be visiting clothes shops for the rest of the year as I’ve nowhere to wear them and I suspect many others feel the same.

Those still buying during lockdown have been doing so on line so I suppose they will continue with that.

i went back to work on Monday but luckily from an open plan office , where the numbers expanded but not the area, there are only 2 or 3 working so SD isn’t a problem but will be once more return. Just to be on the safe side I take everything to and back home (flask, mug, glass, water) and take my own soap and wipes into the toilet and clean desk, computer etc everyday I’m in. A bit of a faff.

There was an item on N.I. local news last week about Debenhams making many staff redundant. Strangely I never heard it mentioned again on the national news.

Here the shops are not opening yet we are two weeks or so behind decisions about opening what in England.

Donna, Debenhams in Belfast, Newry and Rushmere are due to open on Monday and 50 more on mainland in 2 weeks. Odd that we are ahead? Something to do with having “street access“ but surely all of the 3 above are in shopping centres?

Latest posts

Back