Do you think QVC are going bust?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My OH who is in business looked this up for me as I had wondered the same before Christmas what with all the offers and the postage refunding which must have cost a fortune. He found that QVC US is in trouble and this must reflect on QVC UK - trying hard to make money in UK to prop up US branch. Obviously general downturn in retail has an impact too.

You can see a full list of their accounts in the link below. The latest accounts are up to 2017 each one is a pdf so just click on it and it will open. Also add `000 to each amount as shown at the top of each column. I suppose thats to save the accountants typing lots of numbers when they`re dealing in amounts of millions or hundreds of thousands. According to the last accounts listed their pre tax profit was £72.6 million.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02807164/filing-history

These are for QVC UK Holdings Ltd which must be another part of the business.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06711837/filing-history

Interesting reading here.
https://uk.globaldatabase.com/company/qvc-uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Toril - You've analysed them perfectly. My last purchase was on New Year's Eve when I bought a bottle of Floral Street perfume that was £6 cheaper, even including the £1.95 p&p, than buying it directly.

I doubt they’re going bust, but they’ve definitely gone downhill.

I’m probably lucky because, on the rare occasion that I have returned an item, I have received a refund fairly quickly (in QVC’s world anyway, although not as fast as most other companies) and I’ve never had a problem with Hermes deliveries, but that’s probably down to my local team of couriers.

BUT the fact that they keep pushing products with bad reviews as being “fantastic” wreaks of desperation, together with the fact that many of the shows are like Groundhog Day. Their email system is archaic and there is no way that in this day and age it should take over a week to reply to a customer’s query or complaint. IW and other companies reply within hours.

The presenters spend more time waffling on about grandchildren, their books, their dietary preferences etc than they do on telling the customer about the product or giving out sizes.

But the thing which I think could bring about their demise is that most of the products can be bought more cheaply elsewhere. If I see something being presented and it appeals to me I will/can usually buy it elsewhere, knowing that it will arrive more quickly, will be cheaper, will often have free P&P and refunds will be quick. Sadly though, a lot of customers think that QVC is the only place that sells things and so, with their purchases, QVC will continue to operate and will think that they do not need to “up their game.”

The reviews about the company on TrustPilot should ring alarm bells for them, but the whole company seems to be following the ostrich syndrome (we’ll bury our heads in the sand and that means it isn’t going pear-shaped.)

Bit like my dear old late dad. If it was something he didn't like he would gaze at the ceiling,if I cant see you I cant hear you.

Bit like my dear old late dad. If it was something he didn't like he would gaze at the ceiling,if I cant see you I cant hear you.

That’s so true Lp, similar to out of sight out of mind.......can’t see it, don’t know about it, won’t buy it. :RpS_smile:

Once the 30 day and EP goes they go. It’s the only reason to use them for a lot of people.

Guilty......... (30 days)

That's funny. Reminds me of when I was a kid playing hide & seek. I thought that if I closed my eyes (even if standing in the middle of a room) no one could see me! Didn't win at that game!

Last edited by a moderator:
The 30 mbg has never been an incentive for me. I know as soon as I've opened the parcel whether its for me or not, the same goes for other companies. Clothes are tried on and are back in the wrapping if they look rubbish, whats the point of keeping them for up to 30 days ? Perhaps I'm one of the few who just wouldn't wear clothes out/to an event and then return. My conscience wouldn't let me do it.

The same with hard products/jewellery etc. Back they go if I'm disappointed or aren't right for what I want.

the 30 day MBG is a ploy: you keep it so long you forget to send it back. lets be honest they don't want you to return anything look at the way they craftily keep your postage money even though its against the law and take weeks to give you a refund

the 30 day MBG is a ploy: you keep it so long you forget to send it back. lets be honest they don't want you to return anything look at the way they craftily keep your postage money even though its against the law and take weeks to give you a refund

Exactly so! Ideal World used to offer 90 days..by which time you've lost the paperwork and the box, forgotten about the item until you've still run out of time to return it! Meanwhile they appear to be doing the world a favour with their extended MBG, whether it's 30 or 90 days!

In all the years I’ve shopped with them (and i was on the verge of addiction at one point) I only once used something and then sent it back. It was a very very expensive bag which I had every intention of keeping but the first time I used it I just knew that it had so many problems I wouldn’t use it again. If it had been a cheapie I would have kept it but this was well over £100.

I’m not interested in their beauty and Ive never been interested in EP so that doesn’t entice into buying anymore.

easy pay is a put off if anything months after your fed up of the offending item your still paying for it

Easy pay is a menace! Last year I had about 4 or 5 payments come out at one go and it cleaned me out. My fault I know but I am very much reigning in my spending this year.

CC

From arsebook posts it seems the EP can come out at a time not budgeted for which is another reason not to get caught up in it.

From arsebook posts it seems the EP can come out at a time not budgeted for which is another reason not to get caught up in it.

How can that happen? It's not a difficult concept to grasp & the delivery paperwork has always shown an ezp reminder. It's even easier now that the email despatch confirmations actually show the ezp dates.

I just hate credit I just don't find it easy nothing on QVC is worth spending months paying for it. if I dont have the money I dont buy

I just hate credit I just don't find it easy nothing on QVC is worth spending months paying for it. if I dont have the money I dont buy

Exactly! Especially when they are mostly for face gloop. There are dozens of brands available in the DHS to buy one at a time as you can afford it. Those beauty TSV’s have a lot to answer for.

So many I would have bought if it was on easy pay on the Facebook page. A constant whine from people. I am not a fan, now I have used it but by the second easy pay, I am bored and just want it gone. I have heard you can phone up and pay the rest off in one payment, but I don't trust QVC to get it right! Hell people have returned stuff and a month later still have the easy pay taken!

Because we are here we do usually know about TSVs and if I think oh I like that I will make sure I have the full amount hopefully to buy. Since I have not bought in ages does not happen.

Now an interesting thing I have noticed with a number of online retailers they have a thing, Karm, something and it says do not want to pay all in one go spread the pays into 3 is the usual one. Even on eBay I have seen it!

Latest posts

Back