Doll10 TSV - Beauty Day 29/01/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The first three shades seem to be quite light according to the demo on Jordan's arm.

The first three shades seem to be quite light according to the demo on Jordan's arm.
I ordered this in the Fair & it arrived this morning.
The foundation is extremely pale, much , much lighter than any other liquid/cream foundation I’ve previously ordered from Q & I’m Fair in Bare Minerals. This looks just as pale.No yellow in this one at all.

The foundation is extremely pale, much , much lighter than any other liquid/cream foundation I’ve previously ordered from Q & I’m Fair in Bare Minerals. This looks just as pale.No yellow in this one at all.
Thanks for the update. I’m interested in the foundation and blusher. Is it a game changer? Sorry couldn’t resist saying that!

Haven’t tried the blusher, I’d already done my makeup for the day, but usually I prefer powder to cream blush. Just a personal choice, I know lots prefer cream.
just tried the foundation on wrist, it is very, very pale as I said, almost white even.
Put some of the mascara on, it’s just a mascara much like others, not particularly lash building more for a natural look I think. The lipstick I really like. Looks a bit dark in the tube but goes on a really lovely pinky peach that suits my pale colouring, tastes nice too 😁
I thought the lipstick tube was plastic when I saw it, thought easily broken, but actually it’s metal. The brush is lovely as always.
Hope this helps anyone considering whether to buy or not

I used to use the LG porcelain b&b, I really did get on well with it and used it for a few years. Then about 3 or 4 years ago, I bought the TSV(comme l'habitude!) and the foundation was not good at all. I was annoyed as it was always the primary reason for buying her TSV's. The texture was always quite creamy and very little "dust" but the new one was so dusty and just crumbled. I called QVC and did a return (never did get my return postage back) but the replacement was as bad. I can only assume that either it was a bad batch, or that the formulation had changed. I went online to read reviews and there were an awful lot of others with the same complaint. Since then, I have moved on to the mineral foundations, which sounds daft as they are all dust but I actually experience less mess appling these than that LG. Serously, the moment you swirled the brush, no matter how gently, there was a cloud and it wasted so much product. Has anyone on here found that b&b became messy?
I’m so glad you’ve said this. I have the same problem and was blaming the brush and me being too heavy-handed. All the dust collects in the small ridge round the edge but I can’t get the brush to pick it up to use. It doesn’t cover my skin as well either, a lot falls off onto my clothes.

Really disappointed because I use one of the lighter shades which are difficult to find in other brands

I've given LG "artisan baked" foundation a go in the past - and I find it a bit 'cakey' for me. So I'll stick with the lightest foundation I've ever used (for decades), its Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Mousse, a little goes a long way, and feels like you're wearing nothing.

As for the rest of beauty day, unsurprisingly it seems to be an exercise in promoting brands I've never heard of, and hoping most will try them given there is no p & p. Great PR QVC !!!!

Thank you for posting this! I am Fair Ivory in BM, the shade Fair was always too white for my very fair skin. From the video I thought the fairest shade would be very slightly beige, according to the swatches. So it seems that for the first time, the Snow Whites are included here.:)

I've given LG "artisan baked" foundation a go in the past - and I find it a bit 'cakey' for me. So I'll stick with the lightest foundation I've ever used (for decades), its Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Mousse, a little goes a long way, and feels like you're wearing nothing.

As for the rest of beauty day, unsurprisingly it seems to be an exercise in promoting brands I've never heard of, and hoping most will try them given there is no p & p. Great PR QVC !!!!

I bought the It Cosmetics CC Cream Illumination with the brush as a backup, I think some prices are very good. Thinking about It leaving QVC: Did you notice that last autumn, the new Beauty Book 2021 wasn't available at QVC UK, only in the US? According to reviews, some of the eyeshadows were a repeat from the previous year, but still, I would have liked to have it.

I think IT are definitely leaving looking at the website. Hardly anything there & most of it in clearance. There are some bargains if there’s anything you like.. I’ve ordered the large palette with the bronzer, blush & highlighter in that comes with the huge brush while it’s free p&p & reduced price. I like the blush & highlighter & the bronzer I use as eyeshadow.
I’d also ordered for £18 ( free p&p) the ombré blush with the lovely brush, just one colour left but must have got one of the last as it’s disappeared now. It’s a pity they’re leaving, one of the nicer brands.

The only item I bought from the IT range was the tightliner mascara, but I’ve now tracked one down on Amazon and it costs under £3 instead of £26 for two at QVC.

I think this is the first time in years (?) that a TSV from Doll 10 is sold out, isn't it?

If so I’m not surprised, it’s really nice. Used it all today. The foundation gives a lovely natural finish, perfect pale shade too. Everything is good which isn’t always the case in a TSV.

I did order. Weakened. Mascara is fabulous. Lipstick slightly too pale for my complexion but as it’s meant to suit a variety of complexions it’s a tough call.
For me blusher falls into lipstick category. Foundation pleasant. Great brush. Packaged up and ready to return.

Latest posts

Back