Don Kogan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
He looks so well, i love watching Don he just makes me smile.
I love how much passion he has for gemstones, nice to see him again x

Just heard Don saying something about Debbie cavil and himself were so excited about Rocks & Co! are they working together? that may explain the previous post about the ring designs being the same as gems tv old ones when Don and Debbie would have been part of Gems?

Ok Don just said "thats why we have joined with rocks and co"
Just noticed NO black shirt lol he has changed and he looks great for it x

Just had to take a look after reading your posts Cherub. Don looks as though he has slimmed down a bit facially.....
suits him. But the big personality is still there! By the way, peeps seem to be spending big bucks on these Nova Era Emeralds.....hmmm what are they? :happy:

OMG he looks fantastic! So much younger and fitter. I'm not sure I would have recognised him! Quite fancy him now ...........................did I just say that out loud???????

It's always entertaining to watch Don but I don't think I'll be buying........ I did in the past but since I found that I had bought "some of the best ruby I have ever seen" - and spent a lot - that turned out to be fissure filled, I'll be keeping my cc well locked up.

Fun to watch the jewellery but the sales patter doesn't do it for me any more.

As you say Glitter fun to watch BUT the prices are ridiculous. £2k for a Sphalerite? Eh?

Oooops.....pardon?

OMG he looks fantastic! So much younger and fitter. I'm not sure I would have recognised him!
Quite fancy him now ...........................did I just say that out loud???????

Well if we hadn't before...........we have now! :grin:

They're showing Sphalerite, wow, looks a very rich colour! What the chuff is it???

...and glad I got my tanzanites a while back..... thought I spent a lot then but at least I bought good stones in simple settings and had them set myself...

Sphalerite is a gorgeous gemstone that comes from Spain. It has fantastic lustre and looks like a mini volcano with tons of sparkle. I've got a number but they're mostly loose because they're not a durable stone because of their cleavage and general softness. It's really not suitable for jewellery and you run the risk of having them set unless you use a very skilled benchman. Pendants and earrings would be a better bet than a ring!

Glitter - Tanzanite has dropped in price considerably over the past couple of years. It's only just regaining in strength again. The TV channels have continued to sell at the same price per carat as it was selling at several years ago (more or less).

It was very nice to see Don back, his personality is excellent, and i think it’s great how he gets so excited and passionate about gemstones.
I would quite like to see him present with Jerilee again.

I like Don too but the sales patter doesnt work now,the gold weights are still really poor on expensive pieces and the amount of over hyped gemstones I have sent back have made me very dubious about the claims made and the helpful lighting.
What amazes me is the speed with which these,imho,over priced items sell.
Perhaps there are a lot of very wealthy banker's wives out there watching shopping tv all day.

I'm also surprised at how fast their expensive items sell, so they must have a lot of very rich ladies who watch them faithfully and buy in bulk!
I too enjoy watching Don, but I no longer really trust everything that is said and if I hear comparisons of prices of zultanite with Stephen Webster and Erica Courtney again, I think I might throw the remote at the telly. Never a mention of differences in gold weights and the number, size and quality of diamonds used in the designer pieces. The fact that they are world famous designers who charge ludicrously overblown prices because their celebrity super-rich clientele have more money than they know what to do with, is merely glossed over. Still, plenty of people seem to be falling for it.

I'm also surprised at how fast their expensive items sell, so they must have a lot of very rich ladies who watch them faithfully and buy in bulk!
I too enjoy watching Don, but I no longer really trust everything that is said and if I hear comparisons of prices of zultanite with Stephen Webster and Erica Courtney again, I think I might throw the remote at the telly. Never a mention of differences in gold weights and the number, size and quality of diamonds used in the designer pieces. The fact that they are world famous designers who charge ludicrously overblown prices because their celebrity super-rich clientele have more money than they know what to do with, is merely glossed over. Still, plenty of people seem to be falling for it.

But do they? I'm not so sure!

I wonder how many sales actually go through? Also, I wonder how many items are pulled quickly to move on to other items and not sold? Airtime is valuable and spending 30 minutes on a piece is only worth it if the margins are there and you have a few people competing for it on the phone lines!

Call me a cynic but .................... !

Not a Don Kogen fan at all. Never did take to him when he was on gems sadly and absence didn't make my heart grow fonder! Sorry all you DK fans :eek:)

Inge

Latest posts

Back