Dyson —— Not again

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’m also sick to death of Dyson, as well as many of the other brands which seem to be on non-stop e.g. Marla Wynne and Tweak’d by Nature to name just two.

I rarely have QVC on now, even in the background, unless it’s something I’m really interested in it and then, as I’ve said before, I can invariably source it more cheaply elsewhere.

Sick & tired of Dyson hair straighteners, hairdryers on QVC. They’re being flogged to death🤯
Imo the only thing Dyson is synonymous for is being unaffordable...No, scrap that - Overpriced. If their products were worthy of the hefty price tags, then maybe that would be excusable, but they're not. Only got experience with their vacuum products I had an upright and a handheld, neither were brilliant and from what I've read on here the haircare products aren't all that either. I can't ever see myself ever buying anything bearing the Dyson name, which is good 'cause I certainly don't want to further line that greedy git's pockets!

Imo the only thing Dyson is synonymous for is being unaffordable...No, scrap that - Overpriced. If their products were worthy of the hefty price tags, then maybe that would be excusable, but they're not. Only got experience with their vacuum products I had an upright and a handheld, neither were brilliant and from what I've read on here the haircare products aren't all that either. I can't ever see myself ever buying anything bearing the Dyson name, which is good 'cause I certainly don't want to further line that greedy git's pockets!
I totally agree. If the buying public didn’t pay the extortionate prices they would soon reduce the prices.

I wonder if QVC have caught a cold with Dyson. Bought lorry loads in from them at a certain price, and are now left with them at the high price point because they're not selling. In all my years of watching I have never before seen a product so heavily marketed as this one. It also spoke volumes that Dyson didn't feature in having any Sale reductions, which I thought might have happened just to finally offload them.

I wonder if QVC have caught a cold with Dyson. Bought lorry loads in from them at a certain price, and are now left with them at the high price point because they're not selling. In all my years of watching I have never before seen a product so heavily marketed as this one. It also spoke volumes that Dyson didn't feature in having any Sale reductions, which I thought might have happened just to finally offload them.
It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, that they had to sign a contract that prohibited them from selling them off cheap. Q probably thought the deal was a "no brainer" and that the name Dyson in their portfolio would help them in their quest to be seen as the Harrod's of the shopping telly world- D'oh! Of course we all know that they're a company that need to get their heads out of their own backsides and look around themselves, & listen to what customers want in times like these - their outlook is prehistoric!

I think what it is is they sell on behalf of Dyson and just take a cut. A lot of items come direct from the supplier but QVC still charge postage even if the supplier doesn’t. Products are thin on the ground for QVC because a lot of brands have left, they have Dyson on a lot because they’re not in QVCs they’re in Dysons.

L'Oreal is providing competition now with its latest steampod. Its straighteners use steam which is far kinder on the hair. A lot of influencers are now raving about this product rather than Dyson and GHD.

One of the presenters was going on about zoom hair. You need a Dyson to look good on your zoom calls.I hate zoom calls.
I would never pay that extortionate price for a hair dryer no matter how bad my hair.
I’m pleased to announce that I’ve had a lot of Zoom meetings and have never bought a Dyson hair thingy to use when appearing on screen. If they’re using that as a sales tactic, it’s ridiculous. And I thought “big hair” went out in the 80s, so they’re behind the times. 😉

I’m pleased to announce that I’ve had a lot of Zoom meetings and have never bought a Dyson hair thingy to use when appearing on screen. If they’re using that as a sales tactic, it’s ridiculous. And I thought “big hair” went out in the 80s, so they’re behind the times. 😉
They are using woman's insecurities to flog over priced gadgets and beauty products, and they have done since day one.

Mukluks are nothing new, I've seen similar things in supermarkets and market stalls for years - and wouldn't insult anyone by buying as presents, and if I was bought them they would go straight into the charity bag, along with Baylis & Harding products - which have managed to 'up their profile' in recent years but I cant get the cheap image from my head.

They are using woman's insecurities to flog over priced gadgets and beauty products, and they have done since day one.
I totally agree. Dyson is using the Q platform because these overpriced items won’t sell in the large numbers on “the High Street” it’s obvious, and relying on easily conned women, usually young women with too much money going through their hands.

I am still convinced Dyson pays Q for this air time!😡

I totally agree. Dyson is using the Q platform because these overpriced items won’t sell in the large numbers on “the High Street” it’s obvious, and relying on easily conned women, usually young women with too much money going through their hands.

I am still convinced Dyson pays Q for this air time!😡
Dyson probably do pay for air time, on Ideal World pension planning, will writing services etc pay to be on there so it's very possible that some brands pay QVC for the air time too, especially now department stores are closed and if you were browsing, say Boots website for example and saw a hair dryer priced at £400 most people would keep on scrolling but having it demonstrated by people brain washing you into thinking it's the Holy Grail of hair styling it's very easy to get sucked in by the hype.

Latest posts

Back