Dyson Hairdryer - is it worth £300

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tinkywinky150

Registered Shopper
I’m looking for a new hairdryer as my Ego travel hairdryer is on its last legs.
Has anyone tried the Dyson hairdryer and is it really worth the £300 ?
I have very short spiked colour treated hair - would I get much benefit ?

Do you use it as a travel iron? I would have thought it would be unwieldily to travel with the Dyson (When permitted)

My hairstyle was much as yours but lockdown has resulted in a very short bob but very thick and I’m wondering what it will be like on holiday as I don’t take a dryer and often don’t even bother with the one provided by hotel.

I’m looking for a new hairdryer as my Ego travel hairdryer is on its last legs.
Has anyone tried the Dyson hairdryer and is it really worth the £300 ?
I have very short spiked colour treated hair - would I get much benefit ?
My daughters bought me one of these a few years ago. They don’t read this forum so I am comfortable to say no, it’s absolutely not worth it.

No way would I pay £300 even if I could afford it. I've had a Babyliss travel dryer for over 20 years and it's brilliant even on my very thick frizzy hair.

CC

What's wrong with a towel?
Well once hair is towel dried you look like a cave woman for one thing and then you need to try and smooth it down and if you've curly hair like me you end up having a complete tantrum because you look hideous.

Next question.

CC

A friend of mine had the Dyson hair wrap bought for her at Christmas (now ex boyfriend). she still needs to put mousse in her hair prior to using the wrap and add hairspray when finished to keep the curls in place, her hair is shoulder length, so much for the waffle they spout on the shows that you don't require product to keep curls whilst using the wrap 🤦‍♀️
I honestly don't think a Dyson hairdryer is worth the money.

I tried it at the beginning of lockdown hair growing, hard to manage etc. & I felt this was a time with other things going on,to treat myself.At first I thought yes! then in days I tried my old hairdryer again, the result little if any difference.It dries quickly so perhaps if you have a lot of long thick hair? For me a definite no, & at that price a treble no.I returned (at a cost) but at least I satisfied my curiosity.If it was around the £100 mark perhaps but not at nearly £300, that is rediculous.

You cant beat the Dyson stick vacuum cleaners. last for years and clean throughly and super fast. The V10 is out of this world the last TSV. Managed to get a Fluffy head direct from Dyson to fit as I have loads of hard flooring. Best thing ever. the fluffy head is super fast and very efficient

Well once hair is towel dried you look like a cave woman for one thing and then you need to try and smooth it down and if you've curly hair like me you end up having a complete tantrum because you look hideous.

Next question.

CC
Same here CC I'd look like Worzel Gummidge without a hairdryer and straighteners. Now I did pay £85 for some GHD straighteners and they have been worth the money. No way would I buy any overpriced Dyson product.

I’ve had one for a few years and love it to diffuse dry my very thick curly hair faster than my old hairdryer did. Unless it’s changed for newer models its not multi voltage so you wouldn’t be able to use it abroad.

Latest posts

Back