Dyson TSV 03/04/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They'll be falling over themselves to do the unboxing videos.

I'll either be 'The Lamp' or another design of the hair dryer, possibly one made especially for QVC, covered in polyester or pleather so it co-ordinates with QVC fashion.

Attachments

• dyson.jpg
    dyson.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 111
I like mine have had it for many years. Warms the room in seconds cools the room in seconds. Remote control from the bed or armchair. Moves from side to side and you can tilt tor keep it static

I like mine have had it for many years. Warms the room in seconds cools the room in seconds. Remote control from the bed or armchair. Moves from side to side and you can tilt tor keep it static
What is it like with power consumption please?

I was thinking of buying one when I'm back working but not if it sends my electricity bill sky high.

What is it like with power consumption please?

I was thinking of buying one when I'm back working but not if it sends my electricity bill sky high.
Not sure about consumption but it beats turning on the central heating for the whole house if you want to just keep the room you are in warm. Plus you can use a timer so it turns itself off after whatever time you have set it for.

I think it may be discontinued
QVC selling off deleted stock lol....I really like mine. I live in a old house and I can just heat one room that I am in instead of the whole house. Plus is a good fan in the summer months to. imo its useful! I think it helps to keep my bills low

REVIEW from the Guardian (LINK further down). I can't find the date of the review, and also, it looks like it may ba a sponsored review from Dyson.

It says it is 2000 WATTS (so it takes 2 units of electricity per hour).

If you look at your electricity bill, it will tell you how much your provider charges per unit, so just multiply by 2 for the cost per hour.

At the date of the article, it says it costs 30P per hour. If this doesn't sound much, it is equivalent to £4-80 for a typical 16 hour waking day = £33-60 per week. But it does turn off the heat when the room gets up to temperature, then comes back on again as soon as it cools down a bit. And don't forget, this is only for heating ONE room. I have my central heating on in ALL rooms for 17 hours a day !

Some excerpts - - - -

In use without the heater on and the fan in direct mode it is quiet and effective. It has 10 levels of power, anything up to level five is quiet and doesn’t drown out the television. Turning it up to 10, the fan sounds like a jet engine, and while it’s not loud enough to be heard outside the room, makes it difficult to hear dialogue at an acceptable volume from the television.

Turning on the heater and the wide-angle airflow kicks the fan into gear that starts at about the same noise as level five of the direct fan. That means it can be difficult to hear the TV.

The noise doesn’t carry very far, meaning moving the fan away from you and away from the TV helps, but it’s certainly not silent.

Also, despite the fact that the price has always been extortionate, the two previous models the AM04 and AM05, were subject to a recall last year for a fire risk found in models manufactured before April 2014.

FINALLY - A 2000 watt Dyson heater will not heat up a room any better or faster than any other 2000 watt thermostatic fan heater, despite the Dyson / QVC hype. And I find the draught of the fan irritating, so I use a 2000 watt convector heater (about £20) if I need more heat.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Strato, the bit about noise is particularly interesting.

I'm severely hearing impaired and I've a feeling that I would not be able to hear the TV at all with that going on in the background.

I love mine its efficient and helps keep heating bills down as I don't have to turn on the central heating. Its also very fast at heating up a room in no time. It also looks good!

Dyson AM09 Hot & Cool Quiet Bladeless Tower Fan with Timer
Item Number: 804130
QVC Price £399.00
Todays Special Value Price £295.00
P&P £3.95

With an ability to heat or cool its surroundings to the precise degree, the innovative Dyson AM09 Hot & Cool Fan Heater features a sleek design, a long-range jet focus control, an energy-saving sleep timer, plus it's been specifically engineered to sit quietly in the background. Forget about visible heating elements or fast-spinning blades being an eyesore and potential hazard, tailor the temperature in your home for maximum comfort with this intelligent device.

Quietly cool
- this innovative model maintains a temperature below dust burning point, so you can say goodbye to worrying burning smells.

Air Multiplier technology - air is drawn in at the base of the machine and amplified to create long-range heat projection for warmth and high-velocity air to cool you down. The intelligent thermostat maintains your target temperature, with 10 speed options in both heating and cooling modes, working quickly and evenly to make you comfortable.

A peaceful slumber - the built-in sleep timer means you can set the fan to go off after you have gone to sleep, saving energy and providing peace of mind.

Precise control - the Jet focus control means that not only can you set your preferred temperature to the exact degree, you can select Focussed Mode for concentrated and direct airflow, or Diffused Mode for a wider area, ideal for warming or cooling larger spaces.

Handy remote control - the AM09 comes with a remote control that can be used to turn the machine on and off and to adjust oscillation, temperature and airflow power. It’s curved and magnetized so it stores neatly on top of the machine too.

Sturdy with touch-tilt control - the fan heater pivots on its own centre of gravity, staying put without clamping and automatically switching off if it tips over. It tilts 10 degrees from upright in both directions, so you can direct airflow exactly where you want it around the room.

Dyson's two year guarantee - Dyson offer a full two year guarantee for parts, labour and transport. If there's a problem with your Dyson machine, they'll come to you. A Dyson Field Service Engineer will arrange to visit your home or workplace so they can fix your machine when it's convenient.

Simply register your guarantee with Dyson in one of three easy ways:
  • Online through the Dyson website www.dyson.co.uk/register or www.dyson.ie/register
  • By phone Monday to Friday 8am-8pm & Saturday and Sunday 8am-6pm UK 0800 298 0298 or ROI 01 475 7109
  • By post- complete and return the form supplied in the box, envelope provided.

Identification number:
  • GTIN: 5025155019320

What’s in the box?
  • AM09 Hot Cool fan heater
  • Remote control
  • Operations manual

The brand ambassador is on with Chloe E at the moment and has just told us how people are buying more than one fan. He’s not surprised seemingly - he’s got them in most rooms in his house, including his “lad’s bedroom”.

Not if he lives in NI. Yet another no show for us. Don’t understand why as some of their other Dyson products are delivered Ok

Still imo the best brand for household stuff but will never ever buy the hair stuff. EVER!

Latest posts

Back