Easy Pays....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Should not be on a default setting when ordering.

I have just received a reminder for my second payment for an item that was on 2 easy pays. I had to check in My Orders to find what the hell I had bought to warrant 2 payments ! Clearly because I had not 'ticked' the full payment box it automatically went on to easy pays.

Ok, its down to me to be more observant, BUT surely its a deliberate action if you want monthly payments - which I don't want and never have, so I'm very annoyed that on the ordering system the default is for multi payments.

I have just received a reminder for my second payment for an item that was on 2 easy pays. I had to check in My Orders to find what the hell I had bought to warrant 2 payments ! Clearly because I had not 'ticked' the full payment box it automatically went on to easy pays.

Ok, its down to me to be more observant, BUT surely its a deliberate action if you want monthly payments - which I don't want and never have, so I'm very annoyed that on the ordering system the default is for multi payments.
I don't know if it's changed Brissles but when I last ordered I used Qcut and on there it did say the item was available on easy pay and to press whatever number if you wanted that option.

Online it is different automatically easy pay, and you have to tick the box to pay in full. I prefer QCut myself and use it.

It is like Amazon, you have to tick the box or get signed up for Prime, though a quick call, and they stop it.

People now are in a rush and the companies count on them not reading the small tiny little line and the little box on screen.

I got my re register to vote in the post at the weekend and halfway down the page the little box to opt out of making your details available to others. I always make sure to tick as that is how the companies get your number and phone easy bought phone numbers and bang Your Windows is infected and the nice man/woman in India wants to help you.

The same thing happened to me and like you I couldn't remember asking for easy pay. I will be more careful in future, should I order again.

Yes I always used Qcut in the past, but it appeared to go all to pot when covid started, so I went online. Clearly if I bother to order anything else, I'll go back to the tried and trusted method.

I never use EP but when I got my iPad my first order was on EP, which I guess was on default. I rang CS and they changed it to a single payment. I now always change the payment by clicking on “edit” when placing an order.

Latest posts

Back