EGG TSV 3.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 53
  • EGG TSV 4.jpg
    EGG TSV 4.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 47
  • EGG TSV 5.jpg
    EGG TSV 5.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 58
I did love them but hubby said washing smelled musty and I had to agree …. Might have had a bad batch …but it was enough to put me off … are they a new updated version ?

I used to use these but, like May’s husband, thought my washing started to smell musty. I now use soap nuts and the Ecoegg ones were binned.

I used to use these but, like May’s husband, thought my washing started to smell musty. I now use soap nuts and the Ecoegg ones were binned.
Soap nuts are great. I also used to boil a handful in a large pan of water for about 20 minutes, leave it to cool, strain the liquid and bottle it. It`s ideal for a laundry liquid, washing up liquid, shampoo or for cleaning. You can add a few drops of essential oil such as lavender if you want it to smell of something. You can also save the soap nuts from the pan and use them in a small net bag in the washing machine, they`ll still have several washed left in them.

Soap nuts are great. I also used to boil a handful in a large pan of water for about 20 minutes, leave it to cool, strain the liquid and bottle it. It`s ideal for a laundry liquid, washing up liquid, shampoo or for cleaning. You can add a few drops of essential oil such as lavender if you want it to smell of something. You can also save the soap nuts from the pan and use them in a small net bag in the washing machine, they`ll still have several washed left in them.

I’d never thought of boiling them to use in other ways. I’ll give than a whirl. Thank you,

I did love them but hubby said washing smelled musty and I had to agree …. Might have had a bad batch …but it was enough to put me off … are they a new updated version ?
I bought these when they first came out and yes the washing did smell musty they were ok for basic washing they never got stains out

Ecoegg 750 Washes Laundry Egg Kit with Dryer Eggs & Detox Tablets
Item Nomber: 735582
QVC Price £30.00
Todays Special Value Price £19.98
P&P £1.95

Get up to 750 washes-worth of clean laundry goodness in one ecologically minded collection with this Ecoegg Laundry Egg kit. The kit features a Laundry Egg with a convenient holder, 13 bags of white cleaning pellets in your choice of fragrance, plus a set of two Fragrance-Free Dryer Eggs to help your laundry to dry more quickly, with softer results. You'll also receive six Detox tablets, which are specially formulated to deep clean your washing machine itself. Replace your laundry detergent and fabric softener with this easy-to-use alternative!

*A great saving: If you were to buy this Ecoegg 750 Washes Laundry Egg Kit with Dryer Eggs & Detox Tablets from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you'd pay £30 plus P&P. So, for our Today's Special Value price of just £19.98 plus P&P, you're saving over 30% / £10.02. At our Today's Special Value price, each wash will cost you just 2p!

Laundry made easy - with the Ecoegg Laundry Egg, there's no dosing, measuring or separate fabric softener required. Simply fill your Egg with cleaning pellets, pop it in the machine on top of your washing and you're ready to go.

Avoid chemicals and single-use plastics - the Laundry Egg's reusable design helps you to avoid having to buy single-use laundry detergent bottles, plus the non-bio washing pellets contain no harmful chemicals, enzymes, chlorine bleaches, phosphates, parabens, SLS/SLES or palm oil. Plus, with enough pellets for up to 750 laundry loads, you won't be doing a bulky detergent supermarket run for a while!

Good for sensitive skin - washing without many of the chemicals usually associated with laundry detergents means that the Ecoegg Laundry Egg is great for people with sensitive skin. It has been dermatologically tested and rated "Excellent" by Dermatest. The Fragrance-Free option has also been endorsed by Allergy UK.

Boost the efficiency of your tumble dryer - ever wished that your clothes would dry a little faster? Ecoegg have the answer to your prayers. Throw the Fragrance-Free Dryer Eggs into the tumble dryer with your load and they will create extra space within the laundry to help your items dry quicker. The nodules on the eggs are specially designed to help soften your clothes too, so you can keep the cap on your fabric softener.

Detox your washing machine - getting the occasional funky smell from your washing machine? Ecoegg have what you need. The Detox tablets included in this set will set to work in a hot wash to deep clean your washing machine's drum and pipes, helping to sweep away gunk and odours to ensure you can enjoy the freshest laundry results.

Hold my egg - keep your Laundry egg conveniently close at hand with the ingenious egg holder supplied with this set. The suction cup stand will sucker quickly onto your washing machine or a hard surface nearby to hold your Laundry Egg safely, ready for your next load of washing.

Choose your fragrance - customise your ideal just-washed smell to your tastes with five gorgeous Ecoegg cleaning pellet fragrances to choose from. Pick between the new Tropical Breeze or British Blooms fragrances, both of which are currently only available here at QVC or via the Ecoegg website; Fresh Linen, Spring Blossom; or Fragrance Free, which is endorsed by Allergy UK and a great choice for those with very sensitive skin.

Exclusive to QVC - no other Ecoegg collection offers as many as 750 washes in one collection.

Fragrance options:
  • Tropical Breeze - new and currently available only at QVC and Ecoegg
  • British Blooms - available only at QVC and Ecoegg
  • Fragrance Free - endorsed by Allergy UK
  • Fresh Linen
  • Spring Blossom

Contains:
  • 1 x Laundry Egg case
  • 13 x bags of white washing pellets in your choice of fragrance
  • 1 x bag of black pellets
  • 1 x Laundry Egg cup holder and suction pad
  • 6 x Detox tablets
  • 2 x Fragrance-Free Dryer Eggs

How to use:
Laundry Egg:
  • On first use, fill with three bags of white washing pellets and one bag of black pellets
  • After approximately 72 washes, or when you notice the pellets have shrunk and are halfway down the egg case, top up with one bag of white pellets
  • After approximately 72 more washes, or when the pellets are halfway down, top up with another bag of white washing pellets and so on
  • Don't empty your egg case of pellets, or throw away the black pellets - they will not erode or deteriorate and will act as a fabric conditioner
  • The Laundry Egg can be used at cold temperatures or routinely at 30C, up to a maximum of 60C
  • Suitable for handwashing
  • Not suitable for tumble dryers or washer dryers unless you remove the Laundry Egg before the drying cycle

Fragrance-Free Dryer Eggs:
  • Place in your tumble dryer with your laundry and run your preferred cycle
  • Suitable for most tumble dryers with the exception of Hotpoint Aquarius models

Detox tablets:
  • Place one tablet in an empty washing machine drum and run on the hottest cycle

Caution:
  • Laundry Egg and Detox tablets can cause serious eye irritation
  • Wash hands and exposed skin thoroughly after handling
  • If in eyes, rinse cautiously with water for several minutes
  • If eye irritation persists, get medical advice attention
  • Detox tablets can be harmful if swallowed
  • Keep out of reach of children and pets
  • Read label before use
  • If medical advice is needed, have product container or label to hand

Despite my jest I’ve bought a set.
Yes I agree with the complaints about musty smells because my hubby has commented occasionally with washed towels…however I’ve had a smol subscription and as with conventional products the gunk in the drawer/door etc is far worse .

I’ve never had that with this.
Refills are around a fiver so economy wise makes more sense to buy another kit.

I know have 2 pink, 1 blue and 1 white. 🤪

Sounds a Marmite type product from the comments. Unfortunately, I am unable to watch teeth chattering Mrs. Pepperpot who was presenting the show for more than three seconds, so did not hear anything other than Good Evening…To which I replied along with a coffee shaker salute… Good ****ing Night.

Latest posts

Back