Edinburgh Fringe Festival - advice required

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatsinaname

Registered Shopper
I've booked the last 2 weeks off work for annual leave and I've realised that the Fringe is on. It's something I've always wanted to visit but I'll be on my own. I've had a look at the website and there are plenty of comedy shows I would like to see. Has anyone, particularly female, travelled there alone? Would I look weird going to a gig, laughing away by myself? Any tips for accommodation? I'm from the Midlands so I'll go by train and probably stay for a couple of nights midweek. I'm 50 and I've been single for years so I'm quite independant but I don't take unnecessary risks.

I think you'd be totally fine, Edinburgh is pretty friendly anyway but even more so at festival time. There will be loads for you to do, there are lots of street shows and events that you can wander in and out of too. Pretty much anything goes, no-one will think you're weird at all. I've gone to shows etc... alone before and had a great time.

Im not sure about accommodation as I'm within travelling distance but it is very busy even midweek so book as soon as you can. Many people rent out flats and rooms at this time too so you might find something quite central.

I agree with philosophygirl- just go for it. There are a couple of travelodges on bus routes near the fringe, and you can walk to Princes street in about 20min from at least 1 of them as well as lots of fancy hotels near the stuff - but again as PG said, book early!

I would agree get accommodation central, nearish to where you will be in evenings as getting taxis is nightmare!!

Don't worry re going to shows alone, you will be fine, not weird at all!

Latest posts

Back