Eilidh

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We should get a list of sales staff favourites list. A long while ago I got fed up of one saying every brand of skincare was the one she used. We all know Perricone is her choice, she also loves free.

I get the impression they (Q sales staff) think we have the memory of a faulty memory goldfish.

Q continues to dissapoint.

Is she the one who constantly jabbers about when we ‘get this back’ about everything we order instead of ‘get this home’. For some reason it REALLY irritates me. Mute button.
She may well be, I closed my account last year, only watch the Q for forum research so always have it on mute. Eilidh is particularly funny to watch when muted, Kathryn Goldsmith's eyes bulge even more when I can't hear her talking & Fibby Flint looks like a spiv.

I find her entirely unwatchable - even worse than Kramer. She's the only 'new' presenter that just seems to have not improved one bit since she started. She still seems nervous and uncomfortable, never seems relaxed or natural and often seems to put guests on edge a bit. I'm amazed that the Q haven't got rid of her, because she just doesn't seem to be able to do her job.

She may well be, I closed my account last year, only watch the Q for forum research so always have it on mute. Eilidh is particularly funny to watch when muted, Kathryn Goldsmith's eyes bulge even more when I can't hear her talking & Fibby Flint looks like a spiv.
Your post made me laugh. Ruth Langsford often has that 'spiv' look. She turns up one corner of her mouth and tosses her head backwards. It's a weird facial expression/head movement, and sort-of tough looking, and, well, spiv-like. Try to catch it, because it seems out of character to the sweeter than honey persona she mostly adopts.

I just find her a bit - impersonal? for want of a better word.
Yes, exactly. Like it's all a script, and she's desperately trying to remember it verbatim. I've never seen anyone so naturally awkward on television before - it's almost like her career's advisor had a bit of a brain fart that day and just blurted out 'TV presenter' when the young Eilidh was seeking some options for the end of her GCSEs.

There are so many presenters who grate on me that the time that I spend watching QVC is minimal nowadays. I won’t list them. 😉 Some shout at us, some rabbit on about nothing just for the sake of hearing their own voice and some always drop in stuff about their latest book or grandchildren.

Jilly Halliday is about the only one who does what she’s meant to ..... telling us about the product without yelling at us.

It really irritates me when they say they're going to buy a product as soon as they get off-air. Shut up, let the guest talk and order on your iPad. Or do your job properly and have a good look at the items coming up before go get on-air. Then you'll know whether you like it and can truthfully tell us all you've just ordered it.

I've caught a few presenters saying they're ordering straight away on one show then a few days later on another show say the same thing about the same item :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back