Electrical goods and failures.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Hi all,

I purchased the Emtec MovieCube back in February and it's now beginning to shown signs of hard disk failure. If it does die, will QVC take it back or is it too late for that now?

Thanks.

Mine was pants from day one so sent it back,try calling CS but i think they will stick to the 6 month rule and refer you to Emtec,i also read on another forum people had lots of trouble with them.

Our Emtec packed in after 7 months and QVC refunded us no problem - I suspect they've had a lot of returns on these.

I'd give them a call and tell them it's playing up. Ours had been going wrong for about 6 weeks and then packed in completely - I don't know if they recognised that this meant it was still within the 6 month period when it started going wrong.

Peggie xx

QVC are responsable as they sold you the item dint let them fob you off after 6 months

Im pretty sure All products from any retailer have to provide at least a 1 year manufacturers warranty. So maybe try Emtec it might be quicker than Qvc's cs.

I worked in Asda and we were always told to inform the customer that electrical goods had a 1 year money back guarantee in the event of a fault.

Im pretty sure All products from any retailer have to provide at least a 1 year manufacturers warranty. So maybe try Emtec it might be quicker than Qvc's cs.

The rule at QVC is 6 months on electricals after that the manufacturer deals with it.

Excellent after sales

Moth,
My experience with damaged/broken goods had a more than acceptable outcome. I bought an Evesham PC about 2 years ago with a 3 year next day service warranty. In July 08, the hard drive failed and I couldn't reboot the system. I called Evesham and found the phone line was dead. I then called QVC CS and was told that someone would be in touch. An hour later I got a call from one of the CEO's who told me that Evesham had 'gone bust' and arranged for the PC to be collected and returned to QVC. within a week I'd received a cheque for the full amount of the PC plus the original delivery costs. I think you'd be hard pressed to find another company which values it's reputation as much as this. I really hope your problem is sorted out as quickly and as easily as mine. :33:

Hi all,

I purchased the Emtec MovieCube back in February and it's now beginning to shown signs of hard disk failure. If it does die, will QVC take it back or is it too late for that now?

Thanks.

There "rules" dont overide the sales of goods act.

No they don't all i'm saying is you have 12 months warranty but after 6 months they usually don't want to know and refer you to the manufacturer.

I don't know about the time limits on electrical goods, but a while back I had a stone drop out of an item of fashion jewellery I had only worn twice, even though I had bought it a year previously. QVC CS told me to send it back and they replaced it, no problem whatsoever.

Hi again,

Thanks everyone for your replies to this. I emailed QVC last night to make enquiries about it. A lady from CS has just phoned me and let me know that I am welcome to send it back for a refund due to the problems experienced. I understand from reading here that I'm far from unique so they must be aware this device has problems.

Thumbs up QVC, I'm happy now :) Excellent service and very quick too.

When i phoned them about mine they didn't seem surprised either,glad it's sorted for you now,they were going to show a similar thing i think by Phillips last week but didn't get time.

No they don't all i'm saying is you have 12 months warranty but after 6 months they usually don't want to know and refer you to the manufacturer.

Which is passing the buck and against the sales of goods act, the retailer is responsible not the manufacture

Latest posts

Back