Elemis Competition Text Entry - Lines closed

Sarah Pocket

VIP Shopper
I was listening just now to Alison on the 9 p.m. Elemis show giving details of a competition to win a half day Elemis spa so thought I'd enter. I pressed Sky+ to freeze the details on the screen whilst I got my mobile from the kitchen, prepared the text (pausing only to spell Elemis), pressed send and almost immediately received a "Sorry competition is now closed" text timed at 21:14. This was despite my TV screen clearly stating that lines close at 9.30 p.m.

I have tried to check the terms and conditions on the website to see whether text entry was closing almost instantaneously but can't find the terms & Conditions. As I type this the lines should still have another 5 minutes before they close. As it happens my texts are free within a package but would normally have cost me 15p on my old PAYG phone. That's a bit naughty QVC - other channels have got into trouble for similar things.

Boris Bear

VIP Shopper
I don't think they had closed, I think they hadn't opened. The same thing happened to me, I sent another text a couple of minutes later and it was ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
perfectioncts

Members online

AdBlock Detected

Thank you for visiting ShoppingTelly.com

We get it, advertisements are annoying, however without them this forum would cease to exist.

Members of ShoppingTelly.com can go TOTALLY AD FREE, VIP LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP is just £10!

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks