Elemis or Gatineau

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

nailprincess

Registered Shopper
Hi there,

I apologise if this has come up before, but I couldn't find it!

I'm looking to replace my LE skin care. Never thought I would, but it seems to have reached a peak with my skin and I don't get the results I used to if that makes sense!

So my question is which do you prefer, Elemis of Gatineau. I watched some of the Gatineau shows yesterday, but I do have to say that something in me would like to try Elemis.

What have your experiences been like with both of these?

Thanks

I used to be an avid LE user and thought it left my skin in pretty good condition but, last November I switched to Elemis and my skin improved even more. I have used gatineau in the past but, personally I have found Elemis are heaps better. I find Gatineau are more anti-ageing for older, drier skins and melatogenine is a no-no for me as I am combination skin its far too rich whereas Elemis is perfect, and their Tri-Enzyme range is the real wow for me and helped with open pores etc.

HTH

Its Elemis for me - i used to be a LE girl before discovering Keeley and Elemis and i've never looked back(i also use Decleor which is another good choice) .

IMO Gatineau rely heavily on science(aka lots of preservatives) hence there 24 month, when open, usage time and much less on natural ingredients where as Elemis have a very natural ingredient base(hence there 6 month, when open, usage time) with a little help from science. With a 24 month usage time there must be alot of preservatives in Gatineau's products? I agree that Gatineau is better used on very dry,lined skin to get the optimum results.

I hope you find a new range that suits you best:sun:

Its Elemis for me - i used to be a LE girl before discovering Keeley and Elemis and i've never looked back(i also use Decleor which is another good choice) .

IMO Gatineau rely heavily on science(aka lots of preservatives) hence there 24 month, when open, usage time and much less on natural ingredients where as Elemis have a very natural ingredient base(hence there 6 month, when open, usage time) with a little help from science. With a 24 month usage time there must be alot of preservatives in Gatineau's products? I agree that Gatineau is better used on very dry,lined skin to get the optimum results.

I hope you find a new range that suits you best:sun:

Thank you so much for this. I've never thought of them in terms of natural vs preservatives (although obviously Elemis will have some), but it really makes sense.

Linda xx

I have used Gatineau which I liked very much but have lately switched to Elemis.My skin is in pretty good condition for an 'over 60' but I will swear it is getting better with Elemis.I look at some of the products & think how expensive they are but the PCMC is a lovely moisturiser & it lasts longer than the Gatineau.I use the Tri Enzyme wash in the morning, cleanser & toner @ night & am @ the moment using the Bliss capsules ( bliss!!) with PCMC in the day & Oxygenating night cream.
If you are converted to Elemis look out for their shows I think this weekend.I met Keely recently & she was very nice ( lovely skin!) & very helpful.

I chose Elemis Pro-Radiance cream cleanser. :star::star::star::star:

It's even better than the original :heart: Cleanse & Polish from Liz Earle (that I had used for years, from the start).

The Elemis Pro-Radiance cream cleanser :up: is more moisturising for the skin, before applying any moisturiser ! :flower::flower:

I've tried both and really wanted to love the Elemis PCMC. I did love the smell and beautiful texture but it did nothing for my skin. I saw results with Gatineau and came to the conclusion that perhaps Elemis is better for younger skin. Am enjoying good results with the decleor tsv though at the moment and I think some of the decleor kits offer better value than the other two.

I have used Gatineau for years and love it. Tried Elemis on a couple of tsv's but it did absolutely nothing for me and I found the moisture cream was really sticky and not good to put make-up on top of.

It really is whichever suits your skin. This is where tsv's are good and the 30 mbg as you can try and then decide which you like.

You should get some of the starter kits and find the products you like best. I use products from Gatineau and Elemis, along with some from LE, Decleor, Phlosophy and a few other brands. Once I find a product I like I tend to stick to it and keep trying others until I find one I love.

Thank you so much for this. I've never thought of them in terms of natural vs preservatives (although obviously Elemis will have some), but it really makes sense.

Linda xx

Hi Linda

I spend so much time(and money) trying to feed my body the healthiest pest/preservative free food(i'm human and do have the odd feedfest - takeaway and choc etc) so am really interested in using good products/makeup on my skin - seems silly not to. I'm really suspicious of anything over 6 months usage time and investigate ingredients - products with higher usage times doesnt mean they are bad products that wont do the job, but for me i prefer the brands with the lower usage times. :sun:

Lindaxx(snap!!)

I am most defiantly an Elemis fan, I have tried Gatineau and really wanted to like it but just dont get on with it at all I do like the neck and throat gel but that is about it.
I use the pro radiance cleanser at night followed by the Decleor iris balm then the rehydrating cleanser and toner in the morning followed by PCM. I have used the tri enzyme and the wash is very nice but the mask did nothing for my skin really.
I have used LE in the past and tried AKin but much prefer Elemis, I think it is just a case of different brands and formulations suiting different skins thats where the MBG comes into its own

Latest posts

Back