Elemis TSV 12/02/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone commented on Keeley's page about the manufacture dates being two years ago and Keeley responded with this

"The manufacture date is within legal requirements and in line with recommendations x"
That may be the case, but two years ago is not, by any means, "freshly produced and packaged". And well, still haven't decided on the TSVs but as Veepee have a Philosophy sale at the moment, I fell for some of the fragraces in the EdP version and the Amazing Grace collection containing of nearly half a litre each of firming body lotion and shower gel.

Thanks, just seen it… so shes not denying it’s 2 years old despite what she posted on Instagram.. basically she’s told fibs, although I guess she will bet away with it as she just gave a thumbs up…

Shes also talking rubbish about the SPF… apparently It’s ok not to reapply in the UK 🤔
The important point here is the following: This is a moisturiser which contains an SPF, it is n o t a sunscreen you would use when you are on holiday and exposed to the sun on the beach etc. You would never reach the SPF 30 on your skin when you use the "a little goes a long way" PCMC SPF 30. So in my opinion, yes, it may be a good idea to put an SPF into the PCMC, but it is still a moisturiser in the first place which, additionally, is put into a jar instead of a pump despenser...That said, that's probably why you don't have to reapply it as it is used as a day cream with foundation etc. on top in daily life. Never ever would I only use that single product on holiday, but a proper sun screen in the recommended amount to protect my skin.

The important point here is the following: This is a moisturiser which contains an SPF, it is n o t a sunscreen you would use when you are on holiday and exposed to the sun on the beach etc. You would never reach the SPF 30 on your skin when you use the "a little goes a long way" PCMC SPF 30. So in my opinion, yes, it may be a good idea to put an SPF into the PCMC, but it is still a moisturiser in the first place which, additionally, is put into a jar instead of a pump despenser...That said, that's probably why you don't have to reapply it as it is used as a day cream with foundation etc. on top in daily life. Never ever would I only use that single product on holiday, but a proper sun screen in the recommended amount to protect my skin.
Agreed.
I bought it because it’s a moisturiser, the addition of any SPF is a bonus, but I always use Ultrasun as my SPF, this would be an extra.

Ok, finally managed to check them all…
The cleansing balm is 2 years old ffs. I will use it this year but that is not the point…
The PCMC is over a year old and so is the toner.
Im going to post something on insta and Facebook…
It’s ridiculous! That’s how QVC manage to get good value on their Elemis kits. They buy up older stock allegedly.

Turn the products upside down, the balms have it printed in small black letters on the outside of the bottom. It is very small and you might need a magnifying glass.
Thanks found it

It’s ridiculous! That’s how QVC manage to get good value on their Elemis kits. They buy up older stock allegedly
I guess we shouldn’t be surprised….
I will use the big Water Mint balm this spring and summer but it’s really not the point…. and Keeley gave a thumbs up to someone who asked if they were freshly manufactured so that is very naughty.

Often wondered this.Is the Oxygenating (sp?) Night Cream not been replaced but is included in some kits?

The cleansing balm is 2 years old ffs. I will use it this year but that is not the point…
So for me, as you are talking about the water mint balm, I won't order that option.

So for me, as you are talking about the water mint balm, I won't order that option.
I bet the water mint is from the original launch which would have been spring 2021….
The serenity was launched last spring so the most that will be is 1 year…

Often wondered this.Is the Oxygenating (sp?) Night Cream not been replaced but is included in some kits?
Yes I think it was in a set that was really good value, but I hesitated because the cream wasn’t sold on the officialElemis website…

This is disgusting. I have already bought this set, the serenity balm was going to be part of a Christmas gift ( I know, saddo, already planning ahead🙄). I have lost all respect for Elemis and Keeley Aydin. This is the last Elemis I will buy, and as it has been my core goto brand, I have been using it for almost ten years it's taken alot for me to make this decision. So, any recommendations for a good day moisturiser and other would be very welcome.
I have just read the review on QVC website and it's racking up thumbs ups. I don't like being taken for a mug Keeley et al!! 👋

This is disgusting. I have already bought this set, the serenity balm was going to be part of a Christmas gift ( I know, saddo, already planning ahead🙄). I have lost all respect for Elemis and Keeley Aydin. This is the last Elemis I will buy, and as it has been my core goto brand, I have been using it for almost ten years it's taken alot for me to make this decision. So, any recommendations for a good day moisturiser and other would be very welcome.
I have just read the review on QVC website and it's racking up thumbs ups. I don't like being taken for a mug Keeley et al!! 👋
What really gets me is Keeley replying that it was within legal requirements…. So nicely side stepping the fact that a lot of people have been posting that they have bought three to stash but their products will be out of date before they get to use them…

I checked all my stash, and the bits from the Christmas TSV are fresher than this lot.

It’s really put me off QVC to be honest. I can’t in all honesty say I won’t buy from them again, but I certainly won’t stockpile anything, and will keep an eye on other sites.

As far as moisturiser goes… I do love Liz Earle’s Superskin, and it’s on offer on their website. Day and night cream duo with 30% off… same set on qvc at much higher price I do believe..

What really gets me is Keeley replying that it was within legal requirements…. So nicely side stepping the fact that a lot of people have been posting that they have bought three to stash but their products will be out of date before they get to use them…

I checked all my stash, and the bits from the Christmas TSV are fresher than this lot.

It’s really put me off QVC to be honest. I can’t in all honesty say I won’t buy from them again, but I certainly won’t stockpile anything, and will keep an eye on other sites.

As far as moisturiser goes… I do love Liz Earle’s Superskin, and it’s on offer on their website. Day and night cream duo with 30% off… same set on qvc at much higher price I do believe..
Yet her and the presenters will say on air it has three year shelf life!!! :rolleyes:

In terms of shelf life I would watch out for Ultrasun. I got caught out twice. I bought 2 kits at different times and they had a short shelf life left. I’m now always reluctant to buy when I see any heavily discounted kits. I noticed a few in today’s Ultrasun show.

In terms of shelf life I would watch out for Ultrasun. I got caught out twice. I bought 2 kits at different times and they had a short shelf life left. I’m now always reluctant to buy when I see any heavily discounted kits. I noticed a few in today’s Ultrasun show.
Well there’s a lot of talk about this TSV on Facebook, and Ultrasun has been mentioned several times….
The old saying ‘if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is..’ comes to mind..

Ultrasun lasts me forever, and I do use it every day. I won’t buy the big pump bottles anymore as it takes too long to get through them. So when i Run out I will avoid the TSV sets and get a single bottle.

Latest posts

Back