Elemis TSV 12/02/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't see why beauty and skincare items can't just have the date they are manufactured printed on the jars or tubes, would be a much better idea, I suppose one good thing to come out of all this is a healthier bank balance while I use my stash up, thanks to this forum!:)
Or as some brands do put an expiry date on.

Some of the date finding sites do not cover every cosmetic brand, small brands or those not sold in the US. I remember on here I think last year someone could not get Gatineau to date apart from QVC and TKMaxx you don't really find it on sale worldwide.

Also, some brands actually reused the date codes as they will end up with codes with 100 digits. Chanel does this I know, and their code system is like something from a Dan Brown book. I remember dating a bottle of perfume by Guerlain who also reuse codes, and it said it was from 2007 and classed as out of date. It was a brand-new release, only just released in 2018 when I bought it.

My review was one of those that have been removed. I notice there is a review on there now asking why the negative ones have been removed. Someone has also asked in the questions section. Doesn’t look good on qvc or Elemis.
I replied to that question suggesting it was because they were selling old stock and had been caught out. For some reason my reply wasnt seemed to be within the posting rules and has been rejected

We all remember when a brand rep. has been asked about ‘shelf life’ of a product the reply has very often been ‘3 years unopened’ or on the pack it will indicate 12 months or 6 months opened.That we take it is from the date we purchase not from date of manufacture.It is all very ambiguous.

I replied to that question suggesting it was because they were selling old stock and had been caught out. For some reason my reply wasnt seemed to be within the posting rules and has been rejected
Artic mule, I posted a review saying I was disgusted etc and why couldn't both QVC and Elemis just be open and honest with their loyal customers , and I no longer trusted the brand . My review was also rejected!! Foul play QVC, you will loose customers if you continue.

I bought a Duo of the Elemis Pro-Residence Cream Cleanser delivered from QVC mid December ‘22. They are still both in the boxes and have checked their manufacturing date : 2020-07, 2years 7months,12days.I presume if there is a 3 year shelf life they should be used by 2023-07? Will probably do that but how many times have I heard presenters stating 3 year shelf life and urging people to ‘stock up’.Interesting? If I have translated this info. correctly these products will not be at their best after July this year.Hardly likely to kill me but still they will have to re-think the shelf life claims

That should read Pro Radiance Cream Cleanser! Although residence may be referring to the time it had been in QVC / Elemis warehouse?

To be honest, I go by texture and smell with skincare and makeup. Powder products last forever Kohl was found in an Egyptian and when mixed with water still unable. By law, powder eyeshadows still have to have a 6/12/24 month use by on them. I remember when they made all cosmetic companies put on a use by date, Chanel fought like mad not to have to. Sunscreen is one where you need to be very careful of, I do know. After one year it starts to lose its effectiveness and by 2 throw out.

Elemis are owned by L'Occitane so who knows with their skin care and body products and how old they are when sold on QVC.

That should read Pro Radiance Cream Cleanser! Although residence may be referring to the time it had been in QVC / Elemis warehouse?
I really like that cleanser, but very rarely is it sold on QVC now, the odd time it was a like LE C&P special limited fragrance which I avoid. Elemis always push the newer cleansers and balms now, and people go mad for the limited fragrance versions for some reason. I used Emma Hardie cleansing balm, which never does limited fragrance versions, just the same one. I keep thinking, will it be any better if it smells like picked onions?

I do like the Elemis cream cleanser rather than the balms.At the moment I have unearthed a tube of LE C&P ( also have some of the Aldi version) I am going to use them all up before I buy any more! In economy mode @ the moment!

I still have a pro radiance cleaner to use up, better get going on it soon as dread to think how old it is, bearing in mind the recent production date issues. I resisted the tsv and won't buy the capsules I was tempted with now, as elemis, Q and keeley have really irritated me for some reason. If they want to sell old stock fair enough but to go on social media insisting it is fresh stock is just dishonest in my opinion and deleting negative reviews is just as bad, but we shouldn't be surprised I suppose

I’m interested to see whether it’s mentioned on Keeley’s lives on Wednesday, either by her or someone else. From what I’ve seen she’s ignored the posts on her Facebook apart from one. Some people are complaining of the cleansing balms being grainy as well.

I still have a pro radiance cleaner to use up, better get going on it soon as dread to think how old it is, bearing in mind the recent production date issues. I resisted the tsv and won't buy the capsules I was tempted with now, as elemis, Q and keeley have really irritated me for some reason. If they want to sell old stock fair enough but to go on social media insisting it is fresh stock is just dishonest in my opinion and deleting negative reviews is just as bad, but we shouldn't be surprised I suppose
Especially as it’s easy to check the date of manufacture. They must know that we know 🧐

Keeley has snapped back at someone on Facebook….
It’s not old stock and nothing wrong with the balm. We couldn’t ship it if there was….
Er.. yes it is 🙄
The only good thing here is I’m going through my cupboard and determined to significantly reduce my stash. Going to save me so much I can buy directly from brands own websites when they have a sale 🫣

Keeley has snapped back at someone on Facebook….
It’s not old stock and nothing wrong with the balm. We couldn’t ship it if there was….
Er.. yes it is 🙄
The only good thing here is I’m going through my cupboard and determined to significantly reduce my stash. Going to save me so much I can buy directly from brands own websites when they have a sale 🫣
Of course it's old stock, especially the watermint balm 🙄 she's treating people like they are stupid 🙄

Well now.. look at this…
Im going to keep the original…. Bit of a different tune she’s singing now isn’t it?

Attachments

• 10DDACAC-817E-48E7-8399-4CBDEEEBBCE2.jpeg
    10DDACAC-817E-48E7-8399-4CBDEEEBBCE2.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 187

Latest posts

Back