Elemis TSV 19/12/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Letz-be-avenue

Registered Shopper
Keeley said on her Instagram video yesterday that Elemis have managed to secure another tsv in December, and that it will be three skincare items, i wonder if this will be what is scheduled to be in the February one, as that is also three items of skincare only, who knows! But they are coming thick and fast. There is also going to be a big deal in two aromatics one frangipani the other to be confirmed, these will also be in December. They will have their own channel soon!

To be honest, I don’t understand the hype about Elemis, Decleor or any of the so-called high end brands at all.

When I first got Freeview and found QVC, I did try them all and none of them had an effect on my skin that would make me rush out to stockpile them. I know I’m probably in the minority, but I think that slowing the ageing process down depends on whether you drink plenty of water and don’t sunbathe, but it’s mainly down to your genes not to slathering expensive creams all over your face.

Decleor is ok imo but Elemis is a brand that just churns out loads of products for no reason. for example several cleansers: balms, oils, washes ,scrubs,creams,gels, lotions and each type may have two or three sub sections a mindfield

I used the "real" Decleor for over 20 years and for me it did make a difference. I loved the iris oil and all the night balms, hydra floral and lots of other products. I only use now what I still have in the cupboard. I really like the Elemis night matrix and the marine cream. The others I can live without and the scents of their body products are far too strong. Can't wait to see what's on offer in this TSV.

CC

Elemis in the early days had some lovely simple products I remember the SOS cream cost £24 the same as the moisturisers. Then PCMC came along and they revamped the range and the simple moisturisers disappeared the SOS cream suddenly went up to £50! They were then bought out and suddenly things changed again very few of the original products stayed, they started pushing out new bath and body products which did not do well they suddenly went on sale and disappeared. Then last year bought by L'Occitane and things changing again.

Decleor seems to be going the same way, reading so many complaints about products being discontinued and changed not as good.

Gatineau have been owned by Revlon since the 90s and discontinue, change and bring out new products like every TSV. I remember using the Laser range they did and then bang it was just gone! I have said this a few times I keep seeing their wonder moisturisers which Andrew raves about in TKMaxx for under £20 a full-size jar.

I have some old Decleor and the new stuff side by side cant see the difference but I really only use the balm, oil and moisturisers though

Elemis in the early days had some lovely simple products I remember the SOS cream cost £24 the same as the moisturisers. Then PCMC came along and they revamped the range and the simple moisturisers disappeared the SOS cream suddenly went up to £50! They were then bought out and suddenly things changed again very few of the original products stayed, they started pushing out new bath and body products which did not do well they suddenly went on sale and disappeared. Then last year bought by L'Occitane and things changing again.

Decleor seems to be going the same way, reading so many complaints about products being discontinued and changed not as good.

Gatineau have been owned by Revlon since the 90s and discontinue, change and bring out new products like every TSV. I remember using the Laser range they did and then bang it was just gone! I have said this a few times I keep seeing their wonder moisturisers which Andrew raves about in TKMaxx for under £20 a full-size jar.
I liked the Laser range!

Decleor is ok imo but Elemis is a brand that just churns out loads of products for no reason. for example several cleansers: balms, oils, washes ,scrubs,creams,gels, lotions and each type may have two or three sub sections a mindfield
Keeley would probably need to be revived if she saw my cleansing routine! I started using a cleanser & toner in my teens when I was advised to never use soap on my face, nearly 50 years later I've decided to change what I do. I recently found a small company in Yorkshire & one of their products is a shea butter facial soap; it's as effective as any cleanser I've ever used, my skin looks really good & it ticks all my eco needs. My eye make up is removed with micellar water & my moisturiser is an SPF 25 sun cream in a little metal pot that looks like lard & has to be warmed on a radiator before use.

‘my moisturiser is an SPF 25 sun cream in a little metal pot that looks like lard & has to be warmed on a radiator before use.’

Do you mind telling us what it is.....I’m intrigued!

Yes, in the early days Elemis could really be called a luxury brand with a select product range, and like CC I only really use the Matrix and MC, and I cant justify spending exorbitant amounts on the rest of their range.

I was in the dark about the L'Occitane ownership, and reading this.. makes it a real wheels within wheels operation, to include Ocado !!!!

"L'Occitane has snapped up premium British skincare brand Elemis for just under £700million.
The Hong Kong-listed beauty group plans to expand the brand across Asia while taking advantage of its popularity with younger customers.
Elemis was founded in 1990 by Noella Gabriel, Sean Harrington and Oriele Frank, all of whom will stay at the business when the purchase completes. Hong Kong-listed beauty group L'Occitane plans to expand expensive skin care brand Elemis across Asia
The company, known for its pro-collagen range of skin creams which costs up to £150 for 100ml, is owned by Steiner Leisure, which was founded by Ocado chief executive Tim Steiner's great-grandfather."

Toril says she will avoid that 'day', but I shall avoid the 7 days beforehand because they need to shift tens of thousands before the tsv launch day.

Latest posts

Back