Elemis TSV 8/11/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I haven't worn aromatics for years it was only the perfume back then before the EDT version. A friend started to wear it then another so I just stopped. The weird thing on me it was a total man magnet, no idea why? 😛

A girl I used to work with always drown herself in Calvin Klein Escape. I used to think old Calvin should have been strangled at birth for that horror.

Guerlain Samsara bought when it was first released liked it. Then another girl who sat facing my desk bought and wore it every day I grew to totally hate it. I can still spot Samsara in a crowded street.

Tova, Obsession, Youth Dew, Tweed, Shalimar, the newer version of Rochas Femme which smells like curry, Sunflowers, Lou Lou, Blue Grass, Angel, Alien, ChanelNo 19 Poudre, are just some of the perfumes both past and present which I really dislike to smell both on myself and others.

Two that make me boak are aromatics and poeme :sick: I worked with a woman who insisted on wearing poeme and then the witch went and dropped it and smashed the bottle. I had to change offices it was so overpowering and then was accused of being a drama queen :mad: I can smell it just writing about it.

CC

I feel your pain. I'm accused of being a drama queen as I can't get into a car with an air freshener or visit houses with them or candles.

I get miffed because I'd love to be able to burn candles at home but can only burn the body massage types without a reaction.

Several GPs also accused me of making it up about having a reaction to latex and (sorry if this is TMI) and semen! Really? Why on earth would I make that up?! Of course, latex is now an acceptable allergy to have and I actually had a test for semen - which shut the GPs up.

The only YSL perfumes that count I will not mention Opium so 80s.

Are Y original from 1964 a classic chypre so elegant. And Rive Gauche rose aldehyde.

They created a male Y a few years back so I have to say which one I am talking about on Basenotes.

The only YSL perfumes that count I will not mention Opium so 80s.

Are Y original from 1964 a classic chypre so elegant. And Rive Gauche rose aldehyde.

They created a male Y a few years back so I have to say which one I am talking about on Basenotes.
I love both of these Y and Rive Gauche wore them for many years as I have grown older I like much richer resinous scents like MB EDP OUD

Perfumes from hell.........

Clinique Aromatics
Paloma Picasso
Angel
I had forgotten the horror that is Clinique Aromatics. I got a little one in those free gift sets you used to get.... I hardly bought a lipstick for years getting those with my foundation. Which of course they discontinued. 😡

I haven’t worn Rive Gauche in years but spotted it as a super deal on Amazon some months back so treated myself. Just in case I run out of course, 😂.

I also used to wear the Rochas perfumes years and years ago but sounds as if that is a House to avoid now. Good!

Mazza they really did awful reformulations on Rochas.

The last Rive Gauche I got 50mls for £12.99 ages ago.

It seems a lot of the reformulations are awful. I still have some of my favourite originals that I keep for when I really want to smell them myself. I've been bought the same ones over the years and none have smelled as good or even much like the originals (as I remember the ones I no longer have).

I'm hoping they'll last til I die. I don't go out much and don't like going out for a meal and being suffocated by others that have doused themselves so won't wear them then. I do enjoy wearing them occasionally at home, though. They bring back some lovely memories.

I liked quite a few of the Benefit ones but they have been discontinued. I am currently using the Boots Eau de Cologne that Vienna recommended. I had to order spare bottles online as Boots have discontinued it from their branches. I sometimes over layer it with ‘Vervaine’ from the Grasse perfumeryFragonard which I visited when I was 19 so more that 45 years ago.

I’ve enjoyed reading all these fragrant posts. Remembering some past favourites. I have just taken a look at The IW website and there are 31 pages of fragrances. Surpassed QVC there.

Latest posts

Back