Elemis TSV 8/11/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see that as well as the load of chocolate Dale was given, he now has been ‘sent to try ‘ the Cosy Home TSV ! Not forgetting his Elemis goodies, me thinks Christmas has come early in the Franklyn household, although to be fair, I think it’s Christmas every day at QVC.
Do all these freebies have to be declared to HMRC as benefits in kind?

They should be in my opinion but obviously I have no background in tax law. They amount to a substantial amount every week/month. Just this week they have had the Elemis ( even a presenter on maternity leave), the Le Creuset and the boots. I expect they will get the chocolates and many will get the bedding.

According to hubby who is small business owner most definitely and will be required to pay more tax because of them.

They should be in my opinion but obviously I have no background in tax law. They amount to a substantial amount every week/month. Just this week they have had the Elemis ( even a presenter on maternity leave), the Le Creuset and the boots. I expect they will get the chocolates and many will get the bedding.
I didn’t realise whilst on mat leave you qualified for a beauty TSV o_O

I'm not buying but wanted to watch the 9pm hour anyway.
Alison Young qualified beauty expert....yawn...is presenting, but I've had to switch off as my patience has run out.
As well as well as well as well aaarrrggghhh! and the model Emma is sat there spraying perfume non stop, she must have sprayed the entire bottle on and around herself, WE CAN'T SMELL IT!

I've had to come on here for a good moan 🤬

Alison Young qualified beauty expert....yawn...is presenting, but I've had to switch off as my patience has run out.
As well as well as well as well aaarrrggghhh! and the model Emma is sat there spraying perfume non stop, she must have sprayed the entire bottle on and around herself, WE CAN'T SMELL IT!

And also for you as well, there are all the special ingreejunts for the face area ... as well. For you.

Last edited:
I think if they do buy anything, they get a substantial staff discount. The staff in the outlet shop get 20% discount,but I don’t know if that includes items ordered at full price from Liverpool.
All staff working in Knowsley get 20% off on every product. Now the staff are getting 30% off on the run up to Christmas. As a family member works in warehouse for them. They are a good company to work for x

Why do they air TSV now before the TSV day, only 1 option left now the Rose.
They never did this years ago.

I’m baffled by the surprise/antagonism on this forum at presenters being given “freebies” of products. It’s just how the sales industry works. I had a relative who used to work for a travel agents and was regularly sent on trips abroad, purely so she could come back and sell the cruises or whatever more effectively by talking from personal experience.

So if I worked at QVC and I was expected to shift tens of thousands of units of anything, I’d absolutely insist on being given a sample so I could try it myself and sound like I knew what I was talking about.

In this case it’s a tiny write-off for Elemis/QVC. Suppose each set costs £50 and, on the biggest TSV day of the year, they have 150,000 to get rid of (although I know it’s more than that). That’s seven and a half MILLION pounds in sales. Giving a free one to ten or twenty presenters to generate that volume of return is a drop in the ocean and, business-wise, a hugely cost-effective use of resources.

Emma makes me laugh she rubs her face like she is scrubbing a floor.Lighten up you must be stretching your skin which is not good for the future!

This is the first year I’ve not gone for the Elemis Christmas TSV. The one I’d have gone for was the Neroli version but it’s already sold out but I just wasn’t drawn to the skincare offerings this year - I don’t like that toner and am not keen on that peel and don’t use eye products since they make my eyes water. Shame really since the box looks nice 👍 but I can’t justify £50/60 on the box and a few body products 😂
I’m sure others will love using/gifting/receiving it so good luck to Elemis and QVC because they’ll have made an absolute fortune on this one 💵💰

I woke up this morning to no less than 3 yes that is 3 emails about the Elemis TSV all from QVC. I didn't open any of them. But I was beginning to feel stalked over a ****** set of beauty products I decided ages ago I did not want.

I used to love the Elemis Xmas TSVs but the last few years they have been a total yawn fest for me. Cannot stand neroli, rose in skincare breaks me out a friend brought the Tonka one last time it was a TSV and it was so sickly! I love tonka in perfume but Elemis' version was yuck

they were a few years ago £39.96 + post & 4 Easy pays

i think it went up like £42.96, £44.96. £46.96, £49.96 + post & 4 Easy pays & the higher the price went the longer it took to sell out

but buy more save more too & going live from monday
Is there buy more save more? I don’t think they are doing that this year or are they?

Buy More Save More so £3 off each additional one
I tried to add 2 the same and the only discount I got was the postage!

I’m baffled by the surprise/antagonism on this forum at presenters being given “freebies” of products. It’s just how the sales industry works. I had a relative who used to work for a travel agents and was regularly sent on trips abroad, purely so she could come back and sell the cruises or whatever more effectively by talking from personal experience.

So if I worked at QVC and I was expected to shift tens of thousands of units of anything, I’d absolutely insist on being given a sample so I could try it myself and sound like I knew what I was talking about.

In this case it’s a tiny write-off for Elemis/QVC. Suppose each set costs £50 and, on the biggest TSV day of the year, they have 150,000 to get rid of (although I know it’s more than that). That’s seven and a half MILLION pounds in sales. Giving a free one to ten or twenty presenters to generate that volume of return is a drop in the ocean and, business-wise, a hugely cost-effective use of resources.
I agree, radiomike (presumably you work at QVC, maybe even as a presenter), it makes commercial sense for any company to give out samples so retailers know what they're selling. As long as everything is legal and above board, then there shouldn't be a problem.

However, I think the adverse reaction to the practice here is because:

1 - the presenters aren't popular, for various reasons, so it irritates when their substantial income is increased with freebies. This is nothing to do with commerce and nothing you can change;

2 - customers have to pay ridiculous p&p charges (doubled if you return, which would be nearly £12 for the Elemis TSV) whereas presenters don't.

There may be others but this is what springs to my mind. I hope it puts it into context for you.

I agree, radiomike (presumably you work at QVC, maybe even as a presenter), it makes commercial sense for any company to give out samples so retailers know what they're selling. As long as everything is legal and above board, then there shouldn't be a problem.

However, I think the adverse reaction to the practice here is because:

1 - the presenters aren't popular, for various reasons, so it irritates when their substantial income is increased with freebies. This is nothing to do with commerce and nothing you can change;

2 - customers have to pay ridiculous p&p charges (doubled if you return, which would be nearly £12 for the Elemis TSV) whereas presenters don't.

There may be others but this is what springs to my mind. I hope it puts it into context for you.
Sorry, nearly £8, not £12. Couldn't edit in time.

Latest posts

Back