Elemis TSV 8/11/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How can brands sell out of versions of TSV’s on pre launch?

I thought that Alison Young used to say that spa/beauty brands had agreed to their items being sold on QVC as they had a resident beauty therapist.
Who would explain about the products to guide the customer to the correct item suited to them.
Then moving on from that brands would guest their hours to present and explain about their items.

I think it would have been nice if quite a few key workers like hospital Doctors, Nurses, Porters, Cleaners just for an example got an Elemis TSV Freebe. Instead of presenters rubbing are noses in it. It wouldn't surprise me if the presenters got one of each fragrance, free of charge. Obviously I don't know that, but imo it wouldn't shock me. That would have been a lovely jester for QVC to do. The chocs Dale got for example would have been nice to give key workers for the fantastic jobs they do. Lets be honest the chocolates Dale was given, as Charlie mentioned. Even if Dale hated every single choc he isn't going to say that. Every choc would be absolutely gorgeous. I imagine the presenters must get mega money pay. I will only buy now what I genuinely need. It must be Christmas everyday for qvc presenters. I would be very shocked imo if they had to give back items they where given to try out. I was going to buy 2 loccitane tsv's, now I am not buying any. I will buy something I like just as much from a supermarket. The tsv's would have been for myself not as gifts to anyone. QVC shame on you. If I have offended anyone on this forum. I am sorry but its just my opinion x

Last edited:
But the companies want only people who will smile on social media and rave about every product they are given for free. Don't blame QVC or the presenters for thinking nothing of getting the freebies as a matter of course. It's the companies willing to send and want the publicity.

When the first lockdown suddenly on Facebook mention of all the beauty companies giving stuff free mainly hand sanitizers and hand creams to the front line workers. I noticed on a group I belong to suddenly do not dare say a bad word about a product from any of the companies because they are brilliant giving stuff to the front line workers.

csi, you certainly have not offended me. The whole freebie culture at QVC has got totally out of hand and the presenters are blatantly showing off their benefits to the people who they want to convince to part with their money. Of course DF is now showing off her Cozee Home TSV. She will need a 3rd home soon to store all the “samples “. It’s not just her though, the issue is widespread and the blogs are full of examples of this. They don’t need to sleep on the sheets to sell them. They can view samples at QVC. In fact there are samples of everything they sell in a preparation room. That should suffice but it won’t because hundreds of £££ of freebies per month is much more attractive. You are entitled to your opinion as we all are.

I can fully understand some retail staff being given freebies because they need to know the ins and outs of a product which they have to be able to detail for customers. So Alison Young types are covered (I know! But I like her!). But the QVC presenters will only ever say this is gorgeous, amazing, fabulous. But they would say that ANYWAY so I dont see the point in giving them stuff really.

It is like the social meeja influencers. It strikes me the world and his wife are setting up as influencers so the whole system loses its currency.

I think it would have been nice if quite a few key workers like hospital Doctors, Nurses, Porters, Cleaners just for an example got an Elemis TSV Freebe. Instead of presenters rubbing are noses in it. It wouldn't surprise me if the presenters got one of each fragrance, free of charge. Obviously I don't know that, but imo it wouldn't shock me. That would have been a lovely jester for QVC to do. The chocs Dale got for example would have been nice to give key workers for the fantastic jobs they do. Lets be honest the chocolates Dale was given, as Charlie mentioned. Even if Dale hated every single choc he isn't going to say that. Every choc would be absolutely gorgeous. I imagine the presenters must get mega money pay. I will only buy now what I genuinely need. It must be Christmas everyday for qvc presenters. I would be very shocked imo if they had to give back items they where given to try out. I was going to buy 2 loccitane tsv's, now I am not buying any. I will buy something I like just as much from a supermarket. The tsv's would have been for myself not as gifts to anyone. QVC shame on you. If I have offended anyone on this forum. I am sorry but its just my opinion x
The issue is that they are public sector workers & there are rules about how much they are allowed to accept, for nurses it's in their code of conduct & it's to protect their integrity. Obviously small gifts from grateful patients, Christmas presents given to teachers or even the chocolate I've been giving to our bin men during house arrest are personal thank yous, they are called trivial & are acceptable.

As for the presenters fragrance choice of the TSV.
I don’t you if anyone recalls I posted that I’d heard Debbie randomly say a while back that she‘d been asked about a fragrance choice.
And that she had gone for neroli in a choice of a TSV coming up.
Surely it would have been perfectly acceptable to film each presenter talking about the fragrance which would be their own preference and what were their thoughts on it etc.

Oh, a number of one-star reviews.

Example:

So so excited to try the new Neroli scent but boy oh boy was I surprised, it smells exactly like a well known brand of fly spray!! I was nearly sick. Not what I expect from Elemis, needless to say its going back!
From other reviews its not just me but have to wonder if my skin just doesn't like it. Hope its nice for others.

Latest posts

Back