Elemis TSV 8/11/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How do the models not cough and splutter when they keep spraying stuff around themselves ?
im sure I would be.
I think the bottles are filled with water.
Oh good point! That makes sense, especially if it is Tova scent being sprayed around.
I am trying to remember what they were presenting and when (last year?) but Alison was on with the guest and they were talking about how the fragrance was fairly gentle (QVCspeak for weak) and would not give people a headache. She actually said with some other perfumes they present a few times during the day, in order for it not to build up and become headache-inducing (or words to that effect), they spray bottles filled with water! I was quite shocked ... (a) that they would admit their demos were fake, (b) that she was effectively saying some of the brands' perfumes give them headaches or at least are too strong. I posted on here but can't find it now. I seem to think it was Liz Earle or could have been Philosophy.

Edit to say I just found the post - it was a Philosophy TSV in November last year.

Last edited:
The moment I read your post AndiK I knew it would be Philosophy. I remember way back SpaceNK sold the brand I got chatting to the rep who was in the store that day. They said they created all their fragrances not to offend anyone standing near a person wearing them. There has been a thing in the US for a number of years of workplaces not allowing staff to wear perfume in case it causes allergies or staff complaining to HR about other staff members who are wearing perfume. Philosophy stepped in to fill that niche.

I always say Philosophy is for people who don't like perfume in any shape or form.

The issue is that they are public sector workers & there are rules about how much they are allowed to accept, for nurses it's in their code of conduct & it's to protect their integrity. Obviously small gifts from grateful patients, Christmas presents given to teachers or even the chocolate I've been giving to our bin men during house arrest are personal thank yous, they are called trivial & are acceptable.

When I was a nurse we were allowed to accept chocolates but that was it. Towards the end of my career, we couldn’t even get pens and post it notes from reps.

The moment I read your post AndiK I knew it would be Philosophy. I remember way back SpaceNK sold the brand I got chatting to the rep who was in the store that day. They said they created all their fragrances not to offend anyone standing near a person wearing them. There has been a thing in the US for a number of years of workplaces not allowing staff to wear perfume in case it causes allergies or staff complaining to HR about other staff members who are wearing perfume. Philosophy stepped in to fill that niche.

I always say Philosophy is for people who don't like perfume in any shape or form.
Interesting. I think it was somewhere in the US, maybe California, where they (temporarily?) tried to ban people wearing perfume in some restaurants because it interfered with other diners‘ experience of the food. Maybe that’s just folklore, though!

I do like some of the Philosophy EdeTs and EdePs but I know what you mean about not being quite “perfume”. I like the way they are more of a hint of a smell. I can smell them at the end of the day on my clothes and I like that as well. I don’t choose them for a night out ... or rather I didn’t when I used to go out way back in oooh, when was it, 2019?

I am trying to remember what they were presenting and when (last year?) but Alison was on with the guest and they were talking about how the fragrance was fairly gentle (QVCspeak for weak) and would not give people a headache. She actually said with some other perfumes they present a few times during the day, in order for it not to build up and become headache-inducing (or words to that effect), they spray bottles filled with water! I was quite shocked ... (a) that they would admit their demos were fake, (b) that she was effectively saying some of the brands' perfumes give them headaches or at least are too strong. I posted on here but can't find it now. I seem to think it was Liz Earle or could have been Philosophy.

Edit to say I just found the post - it was a Philosophy TSV in November last year.
Thank you all for your replies ! 🌹

See it is now on the Website for £100
The funny thing is that on keeley's Instagram page someone has queried the fact that the tsv had sold out by Sunday morning and as they are not online they missed it, they commented that it was disgusting that Q are showing it back in stock and it was £100, keeley just said it must be an error as all stock sold out but if that's the case why does it let you add it to your "basket"? As I tried, just being nosey, but I think it clearly is still in stock,

The funny thing is that on keeley's Instagram page someone has queried the fact that the tsv had sold out by Sunday morning and as they are not online they missed it, they commented that it was disgusting that Q are showing it back in stock and it was £100, keeley just said it must be an error as all stock sold out but if that's the case why does it let you add it to your "basket"? As I tried, just being nosey, but I think it clearly is still in stock,
On Facebook Keeley has said that not all the stock was checked out so it has become available again.

Yes I just saw the same message, but seems strange that if you don't check out items they come out of your basket after 30 mins, and yet these items have miraculously appeared in stock today, after being out of stock most of yesterday, perhaps they are the studio display ones;), the neroli is out of stock again now so has someone really paid £100 for it? Who knows, who Cares? But I remain unconvinced

When I was a nurse we were allowed to accept chocolates but that was it. Towards the end of my career, we couldn’t even get pens and post it notes from reps.

We never saw the promo material either. Probably because the doctors got them all. One consultant we had would happily give us his pen then fish another from his briefcase. It was like one of those clown handkerchiefs - a never-ending supply. Same with mugs, coasters, pads and weekends away!

As an allergy sufferer I'd welcome this. I'd welcome air fresheners being banned from public spaces even more.

Two that make me boak are aromatics and poeme :sick: I worked with a woman who insisted on wearing poeme and then the witch went and dropped it and smashed the bottle. I had to change offices it was so overpowering and then was accused of being a drama queen :mad: I can smell it just writing about it.

CC

Giorgio was vile, don't forget that is Gale Hayman they used to mention it on QVC all the time way back.

Poem is another vile one.

Sorry to all the fans.

Lancome Belle in all its flankers is awful, Dior Joy I will add as well. I keep getting samples of the ****** thing, Dior sends me a magazine and insist including samples of Joy. Because I love perfume friends have this strange idea I go round smelling every new one that comes out? No! If I think it is interesting I might have a sniff, the last one was Guerlain Lupin and I always spray into the air and sniff to test if it might be safe to put on my skin. Nothing worse than a scrubber, that is one you want to rush and wash off asap.

The last perfumes I bought Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille I got 20% off and waited for a deal before buying. Byredo Slow Dance again I got money off £20.

It is really kicking off on QVC Facebook over the TSV back in stock at full price. As mentioned someone saying Keeley saying people did not check out. But it is being pointed out items only stay in your basket for 30 minutes, not 36 hours! Another saying "So Keeley is lying?" The Stans are leaping to back QVC.

Note* Stan as in the song is your biggest fan by Emmen(sp)

Re the other perfumes debate above, I am currently working my way through a Floral Street set of samples (which I amazed myself by buying!) and I assumed I would love the Peony. I thought it was really boring, 😄😄. I do like London Poppy and Neon Rose though, they are rather sprightly. Haven’t tried the rest. That’s all I need, another company to reel me in!

& , in the case of Pure Grace, for peeps who like to smell of cat piss.....

On Facebook Keeley has said that not all the stock was checked out so it has become available again.
:ROFLMAO:

Two that make me boak are aromatics and poeme :sick: I worked with a woman who insisted on wearing poeme and then the witch went and dropped it and smashed the bottle. I had to change offices it was so overpowering and then was accused of being a drama queen :mad: I can smell it just writing about it.

CC
I was overwhelmed by the 'deep throat' vanilla cloy aerosol spray air freshener in our open plan office, years back. The receptionist had just wandered from downstairs for a skive/flirt/chat/other with the boys. "Poooooor"!! I loudly exclaimed! "Who's been spraying that air fresh in the loo again? Open the window!!"
Goes quiet.....'Ping' 'You have mail' says my pooter. Mart: "That's her perfume you penis. Shall I make her go away?"

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Oh, her face....I literally tried to hide under my desk, by tidying out the waste paper basket & sharpening my retractable pencils....

Latest posts

Back