Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers perfume

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SisterBliss

Registered Shopper
Hello, help required...calling you perfume experts - you know who you are...

I'm aware that this is being re vamped & it appears that the (old) version is quite cheap - 7.50 for 30mls (50% off)

Can someone describe this? I must admit that I'm not so keen on EA, except the 8 hour cream. The perfume is described as sunshine in a bottle - sounds nice - . I hate heavy gourmand musky evening smells, but like lighter florals/citrus/green/smells. Love Chloe, Eau Dynamissante ,Noble Isle willow song. Hate philosophy Cat piss clean grace. Also like Liz Earle no 20. Just trying to give context to my waffle. Prefer French perfume to American. Many Thanks xxx

Hello, help required...calling you perfume experts - you know who you are...

I'm aware that this is being re vamped & it appears that the (old) version is quite cheap - 7.50 for 30mls (50% off)

Can someone describe this? I must admit that I'm not so keen on EA, except the 8 hour cream. The perfume is described as sunshine in a bottle - sounds nice - . I hate heavy gourmand musky evening smells, but like lighter florals/citrus/green/smells. Love Chloe, Eau Dynamissante ,Noble Isle willow song. Hate philosophy Cat piss clean grace. Also like Liz Earle no 20. Just trying to give context to my waffle. Prefer French perfume to American. Many Thanks xxx

I've never worn it so I can't give you a personal answer. It's also true that perfumes smell differently on each person, even though 'Poison' would appear to be the exception. However, I worked with someone who loved it & she always smelled like a honeydew melon.

My sons once bought me a set one Christmas containing the old version of perfume, shower stuff and body lotion and all I can say is to me it smelled like cat pee. Awful, I hated it.
Try to find a tester somewhere and try it before you buy is my advice. I suspect it is a perfume which people either love or hate and nothing inbetween.
One perfume which does smell like sunshine in a bottle is Jean Patou Sublime but is hard to find and much more expensive than Sunflowers.

My sons once bought me a set one Christmas containing the old version of perfume, shower stuff and body lotion and all I can say is to me it smelled like cat pee. Awful, I hated it.
Try to find a tester somewhere and try it before you buy is my advice. I suspect it is a perfume which people either love or hate and nothing inbetween.
One perfume which does smell like sunshine in a bottle is Jean Patou Sublime but is hard to find and much more expensive than Sunflowers.

'...sunshine in a bottle'. What a wonderful description Vienna. I thought Goldie Hawn's comment about the sublime Doris Day summed up her passing perfectly - "The great Doris Day left us and took a piece of the sun with her".

Sorry, please do not take this badly if you love it.

It is on the perfume forums one of the most disliked perfumes around. I have never had the urge to even sniff it. Elizabeth Arden seems to churn out new versions every few months only a few have to survive Sunflowers being one of them. So yes it is popular, the simple rule does not sell every company will discontinue quickly.

You really need to try and sniff it before buying.

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Elizabeth-Arden/Sunflowers-1701.html

The link is the notes and what people who bought think of it. Seems 132 people think it smells similar to Calvin Klein Escape, now I know why I refused to even sniff it. Hate Escape.:mysmilie_17:

I was given a bottle of Sunflowers...didn't love it, didn't hate it either..It was quite pleasant and light enough for daytime wear...hence I'd spray it on every day to wear to work, and when the bottle ran out I didn't feel the need to rush out and replace it. My work perfume at the moment is Tommy Girl by Hilfiger again a light and fresh scent with little or no staying power, great for wearing to work...again probably shan't replace it, but this is only due to its lack of staying power. Sunflowers? Go into Debenhams or wherever and try the tester then you can decide whether or not it's for you. Sounds like you might love Tommy Girl..it's inexpensive too...and maybe you might have better luck with its staying power..my skin kills the strongest of scents for some reason!

Latest posts

Back