Er, come again ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
"I think its wonderful that people are able to enjoy moving seamlessly from garden to home to garden again " šŸ˜‚
And guess who came out with THAT little pearl of wisdom ?
None other than that purveyor of Chinese imports that you can get a lot cheaper in The Range - of course, its Alison Holt - who is currently on with Craig "I'll take one home to try" Rowe.

"I think its wonderful that people are able to enjoy moving seamlessly from garden to home to garden again " šŸ˜‚
None other than that purveyor of Chinese imports that you can get a lot cheaper in The Range - of course, its Alison Holt - who is currently on with Craig "I'll take one home to try" Rowe.
I've looked at this sentence several times & my opinion is that it's total twaddle & if a student had written it I'd have asked them to explain what they were saying.

I'm not sure quite what she means either as unless she's talking about beer gardens or other people's gardens. You were able to move freely (maybe that's what she meant) from your home to your garden during lockdown!!!!

Word salad sums up daft statements like this one. It should be dry today so I'll be going from house to garden several times because the veg patch needs attention, whether I'll be moving seamlessly & enjoying that experience waits to be seen.
Addition - I've just listened to her say this & it's just her idea that we spent so much time in our gardens during the past year they've become extensions of our homes so stuff inside can also be used outside. Well, I never realised that I could take items between the two, for life's sake Ms Cork, stop insulting people you pretentious tat peddler.

Last edited:
I just walked out of my front door, around my house and back into my home through the back door...I had to side step a toad, some rabbit poo and a puddle so it wasn't seamless but I did enjoy it as the birds are singing their little hearts out and at least I didn't have to side step a lot of Chinese tat.

This all started with the house buying shows, Escape To The Country, Houses By The Sea thing. It was all about the flow from room to room and into the garden. Basically just walking from one room to another as far as I could see.
We're also encouraged to have 'rooms' within our gardens. My sister has a very large garden, in fact I could out Hyacinth Mrs Bucket & say that it has room for several ponies, so it does contain many different areas. Ours is large enough to keep me busy but unless a terrace, veg patch & a hornbeam hedge half way up can be described rooms it's just a loved garden.

I just walked out of my front door, around my house and back into my home through the back door...I had to side step a toad, some rabbit poo and a puddle so it wasn't seamless but I did enjoy it as the birds are singing their little hearts out and at least I didn't have to side step a lot of Chinese tat.

I'd be more excited to find a toad and rabbit poo in my garden than any amount of tat.

Though Mr. AE does have reservations about rabbit poo as it means he'll find his plants will have been enjoyed before he could dig them up.

We're also encouraged to have 'rooms' within our gardens. My sister has a very large garden, in fact I could out Hyacinth Mrs Bucket & say that it has room for several ponies, so it does contain many different areas. Ours is large enough to keep me busy but unless a terrace, veg patch & a hornbeam hedge half way up can be described rooms it's just a loved garden.

Mr. AE would love your sister's garden but only if he could have a ride-on mower!

Yours sounds like ours - perfect for me, though a terrace might be difficult. I no longer contribute to the upkeep, I just enjoy it, along with the wildlife visitors while I can.

The only 'problem' with our garden is the long washing line I insisted Mr. AE erect when we moved in - complete with a pulley system that fills me with inexplicable joy. Visitors have been known to wrinkle their nose at it but, for me at least, there is nothing like watching my washing blow on a windy day.

I have a large garden, all lawn, and it takes me 2 hours to cut it with the largest walk-along mower I could buy. Tell Mr AE that it is self powered, has a clutch for the blade, and a 3-speed gearbox!

Anyway, the other day I was chatting to a neighbour up the road who have a very small garden, and I asked if they would be interested in growing veg etc. They said they were, but their garden was far too small, so I suggested they could possibly use part of mine.

They were interested but is probably too late to start planting this year.

But I've since thought of a snag. I am on a water meter and am very frugal with using water, so watering it could be a problem.

What do others think of this idea?

I know there is a very long waiting list for an allotment, and there are none near us anyway, and the neighbours are only 200 yd away.

My motive was that I'd have less to mow, and they may also help to keep the rest of the garden a bit tidier as well, such as pruning back brambles around the boundary (it has fields on 2 sides).

Last edited:
I have a large garden, all lawn, and it takes me 2 hours to cut it with the largest walk-along mower I could buy. Tell Mr AE that it is self powered, has a clutch for the blade, and a 3-speed gearbox!

Anyway, the other day I was chatting to a neighbour up the road who have a very small garden, and I asked if they would be interested in growing veg etc. They said they were, but their garden was far too small, so I suggested they could possibly use part of mine.

But I've since thought of a snag. I am on a water meter and am very frugal with using water, so watering it could be a problem.

I know there is a very long waiting list for an allotment, and there are none near us anyway, and the neighbours are only 200 yd away.

My motive was that I'd have less to mow, and they may also help to keep the rest of the garden a bit tidier as well, such as pruning back brambles around the boundary (it has fields on 2 sides).
Be careful of legal ramifications with your property lines, if you are a home owner.

Mr. AE would love your sister's garden but only if he could have a ride-on mower!

Yours sounds like ours - perfect for me, though a terrace might be difficult. I no longer contribute to the upkeep, I just enjoy it, along with the wildlife visitors while I can.

The only 'problem' with our garden is the long washing line I insisted Mr. AE erect when we moved in - complete with a pulley system that fills me with inexplicable joy. Visitors have been known to wrinkle their nose at it but, for me at least, there is nothing like watching my washing blow on a windy day.
Think yourself lucky you don't live opposite the Washing Gestapo, like me!

Don't even go there. This is a row & dispute waiting to happen.
It's a lovely idea, but will just go sour in the end - this would only work in Denmark etc.

Let them use someone elses garden or find a community allotment.

Sorry to pee on your veg.

He already has one and uses it to cut our and our neighbour's lawn (back issues). For someone who hates mowing, he seems to like doing it the time he spends out there :unsure: I used to do it in half the time!

Have you thought of letting a goat out there? You could check locally if anyone has one willing to let it roam there. It would do a great job but our old neighbours kept goats and there is zero chance I'd ever do that!

I'd be wary of legalities, too. No good deed goes unpunished as I've found out several times.

You could always get a garden maintenance guy there to clear the worst then keep it down yourself.

Latest posts

Back